Lets Talk Metal
Mar 19, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #1,021 of 29,638
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually would argue that Peace Sells and Killing is my Business sounds better remastered than non-remastered... the albums are indeed brickwalled but not that badly brickwalled as to be a major issue.

Killing Is My Business remaster is way better than the original, no question there. I never loved it as an album, but Looking Down The Cross is one of their greatest songs of all time. I particularly love the final solo in that song.

Peace Sells though I don't agree with. I listened to the remaster once and that was it. The original Japanese first pressing just blows it and the original US retail out of the water. It sounds phenomenal. Unfortunately, there may be no way to actually buy it legally anymore.

Mar 19, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #1,022 of 29,638
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveBSC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Killing Is My Business remaster is way better than the original, no question there. I never loved it as an album, but Looking Down The Cross is one of their greatest songs of all time. I particularly love the final solo in that song.

Peace Sells though I don't agree with. I listened to the remaster once and that was it. The original Japanese first pressing just blows it and the original US retail out of the water. It sounds phenomenal. Unfortunately, there may be no way to actually buy it legally anymore.

looking down the cross is definitely one of their best songs, it makes the whole album for me
smily_headphones1.gif

and yeah, i tried pretty hard searching for a copy of that japanese pressing online and came up empty every time...so if anyone finds it...let me know
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2010 at 7:02 AM Post #1,025 of 29,638
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really enjoy listening to Gorods latest album myself

oh yeah, i just finished guilty of dispersal, and the solo on that song was pretty sick. Its growing on me alot, and as far as true tech death goes, i like it alot more than necrophagist which never did anything for me.

Mar 21, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #1,028 of 29,638
Mar 21, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #1,029 of 29,638
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh yeah, i just finished guilty of dispersal, and the solo on that song was pretty sick. Its growing on me alot, and as far as true tech death goes, i like it alot more than necrophagist which never did anything for me.

I like Necrophagist but I can see how it would be easy not too. It's very tight technical and lacks the kind of style and emotion that you need to really be musical.
I guess I feel the same way about Meshuggah. Good band, but boring as hell.

And on another note, I recently discovered a few new bands that I really like.
"The Ocean"-A simply astounding group. I really can't get enough of their EP "Fogdiver". They go by "The Ocean" but apparently their full name is "The Ocean Collective", which is much cooler.
"If These Trees Could Talk"-An instrumental group. A bit on the soft side, but their musicality is incredible.
"Burst"-A very good proggy band. I'm not too fond of the vocals, kind of melodic black metal-ish, but I think they'll grow on me.
"Ahab"-Funeral Doom band. It's my first step into true doom metal, so I didn't know what to expect, but I really like it. Dark and brooding pretty much sums it up.

biggrin.gif
I love metal.

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #1,033 of 29,638
I listened to Nightwitsh and In Flames before. Both have nice songs, but I have grown into more complex metal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by classakg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to nightwish, epica and In flames...any fans here?

So have you guys heard Aeon Of Horus? They have some nice songs.

[YOUTUBE]YouTube - Aeon of Horus - Heru-Ra-Ha[/YOUTUBE]

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #1,034 of 29,638
Adding another Technical Death Metal band to the guys who like this genre, you might like this Spanish band called Hybrid.

I think this song is quite unique, it has a very nice breakdown at the mid of the song.

[YOUTUBE]YouTube - Hybrid "Sleep Of The Defeated"[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy!

Mar 23, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #1,035 of 29,638
I've been listening to some Massacra lately, some of the very best old school death/thrash metal band of all time in my opinion. They only released five albums, and the first two are amazing. Listen to the song "Enjoy the Violence" to get an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back