Lets Talk Metal
Nov 3, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #24,857 of 29,642

What is up with all of the Korn love! Redcar, you're my meat and potatoes death metal guy. Seriously, you through me for a loop. I would not have pegged you as a fan of hip-hop influenced, funk flavored alternative Nu Metal. We're about the same age. From that time era, I can cop to liking Antichrist Superstar era Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, early Tool. But, I never got on the Nu Metal train.

But after you and Alchemist-endless-I mean endless posts-you've got my curiosity up-I'm going to give the new Korn album a go on Spotify.......

Nov 3, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #24,858 of 29,642
  What is up with all of the Korn love! Redcar, you're my meat and potatoes death metal guy. Seriously, you through me for a loop. I would not have pegged you as a fan of hip-hop influenced, funk flavored alternative Nu Metal. We're about the same age. From that time era, I can cop to liking Antichrist Superstar era Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, early Tool. But, I never got on the Nu Metal train.

But after you and Alchemist-endless-I mean endless posts-you've got my curiosity up-I'm going to give the new Korn album a go on Spotify.......

ehehe! I only listen to a small amount of nu metal and alternative metal, but the new Korn really stands out.

Here's the link to the deluxe version with bonus tracks on Spotify.

Edit: I just played it again...and couldn't resist playing it yet again immediately after!

Nov 4, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #24,860 of 29,642

I have every Korn CD except one. I'm free to express, I have always loved Korn from 2003 on. It just sounds good, and the new album was a great add to my year.

But,..................

I did dislike them up until 2003, same with In Flames? What can I say, I try to keep an open mind as I don't want to miss any music in the metal universe?

I don't know, maybe some TRUE metal heads would laugh, personally I don't care. I like you listen to my share of orthodox death, black and thrash, but new sounds are good once in a while, especially with a band like Korn. They single handed created Nu-Metal. They are recorded and mixed well, as also just way different.

I do though dislike the area they are from, being from Southern California and going north is just as strange and twisted as is the disfunction soundtrack they spew out!

Nov 4, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #24,861 of 29,642

ehehe! I only listen to a small amount of nu metal and alternative metal, but the new Korn really stands out.

Here's the link to the deluxe version with bonus tracks on Spotify.

Edit: I just played it again...and couldn't resist playing it yet again immediately after!

This may sound stupid, but if I put the new Korn on, just one song, I then postpone all other day plans for an hour and finish the whole album in one go. How many other albums do I do that with............."0"?

I have been thinking about the DR 5 you mentioned and as placebo goes, it does sound a little loud now, but still good.

There is also some other lameazz metal that I listen to that I'll just keep to myself for risk of being completely disbarred from Head-Fi.

Ok, I'll spill the beans.......

[VIDEO] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fBYVlFXsEME [/VIDEO]

Nov 4, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #24,863 of 29,642
This may sound stupid, but if I put the new Korn on, just one song, I then postpone all other day plans for an hour and finish the whole album in one go. How many other albums do I do that with............."0"?

Funny thing is, earlier tonight I was writing up some of my thoughts on the album, and the fact that I always listen to it all the way through, without ever listening to just one track or a few tracks, is one thing I wrote. I ended up listening to it twice in a row just tonight. But I'm sure I'll get sick of it for awhile eventually.

Nov 4, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #24,864 of 29,642

I have every Korn CD except one. I'm free to express, I have always loved Korn from 2003 on. It just sounds good, and the new album was a great add to my year.

But,..................

I did dislike them up until 2003, same with In Flames? What can I say, I try to keep an open mind as I don't want to miss any music in the metal universe?

I don't know, maybe some TRUE metal heads would laugh, personally I don't care. I like you listen to my share of orthodox death, black and thrash, but new sounds are good once in a while, especially with a band like Korn. They single handed created Nu-Metal. They are recorded and mixed well, as also just way different.

I do though dislike the area they are from, being from Southern California and going north is just as strange and twisted as is the disfunction soundtrack they spew out!

I'm just giving you a hard time. You're absolutely free to express whatever you like. I just streamed it. I can see the appeal. Well produced, mainstream, heavily hip-hop influenced, slick alt metal with downtuned heavy guitar, some growled vocals thrown in, lots of vocal hooks. It would be perfect for that person in your life that you want to turn on to metal, that likes some alternative rock and hip-hop and isn't afraid of aggressive, distorted guitar rock. I get it. I was just surprised you liked this style of metal.

Nov 4, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #24,866 of 29,642
I get the feeling that most would feel the same as I do about the new Dark Tranquillity. I've listened through it a handful of times now and would say it's about average for them. Fans of the band should like it, but likely not be particularly enamored.

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #24,868 of 29,642

This one isn't as sucky as the other preview tracks...but still...
blink.gif

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #24,869 of 29,642
The new Vader is here. Maybe as expected no movie soundtrack strings, just straight to the metal. The sound is much like the very last live DVD only the recording is amazing. The drums will jump out at anyone, being razor sharp and tight as anything. A nice set of songs and track order. For many it's tough it's not better than 2011's masterpiece ....Welcome To The Morbid Reich, still I personally didn't expect that bettered.

All and all we get a tight as schiit professional production, showing Vader being Vader. It's way better than the last album due to being more direct and focused.

9.5 out of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back