Lets Talk Metal
Nov 2, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #24,841 of 29,663
Nov 2, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #24,842 of 29,663
yup, the guitar work is way more polished and well thought, although the atlas song is better than their previous 2 releases, it's still not very good.
but all these songs are still bad compared to the old stuff.

I'm young myself so the nostalgia factor of glorious old songs in the past does not impair my judgement, old songs are definitely better.

Ha, my little brother has always loved Testament. I did listen to them in the 89-90 era, though just because he would bring CDs over and we would get drunk.

They were also a band I got into in the dark era of metal around 99-2000 when there almost was no metal being made.

Still was always way more into King Diamond from 1987 on so, nothing ....I mean no other band mattered but KD. Which in the end had it's own consequences of not caring about most metal?

Most consider the below their classic classics!

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #24,843 of 29,663
I started getting into them around 2000, so my collection is a lot of the stuff the classic fans hate?

Really the one greatest hits album here is the one that's really not good as the songs are re-recorded, I'm sure at many fans dismay?

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #24,844 of 29,663
They were also a band I got into in the dark era of metal around 99-2000 when there almost was no metal being made.

http://www.metal-archives.com/search/advanced/searching/albums?releaseYearFrom=1999&releaseMonthFrom=01&releaseYearTo=2000&releaseMonthTo=12

Almost no metal being made, huh?
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #24,845 of 29,663

It's just a saying, of course there was some metal, Megadeth put out Risk? You want more examples, still how old are you, all you have to go by are charts and lists, you were listening to baby talk by your mom then, right?

Better said, it was the dark era for commercial metal. That's what I meant to say. Of course there was great underground metal, there was and will always be.

But mainstream America?

This was the metal CDs they purchased. Right here!

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #24,846 of 29,663
Ha, my little brother has always loved Testament. I did listen to them in the 89-90 era, though just because he would bring CDs over and we would get drunk.

the new order is my favourite album from Testament. haha
I like that they have excellent ballad songs in their album releases too, like The ballad and Return to Serenity.

big 4 are Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer and Anthrax.
but I personally never find Anthrax interesting and for me Testament > Anthrax.

my favourite Thrash bands (not including sub-genres):
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Testament

their old stuffs are top notch in quality

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #24,847 of 29,663
It's just a saying, of course there was some metal, Megadeth put out Risk? You want more examples, still how old are you, all you have to go by are charts and lists, you were listening to baby talk by your mom then, right?

Better said, it was the dark era for commercial metal. That's what I meant to say. Of course there was great underground metal, there was and will always be.

But mainstream America?

This was the metal CDs they purchased. Right here!

I'm 29. Pretty sure I mentioned that in the past.

Good point. But still, even in the mainstream, there was some cool stuff from that era.

I always liked Static-X too!

my favourite Thrash bands (not including sub-genres):
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Testament

their old stuffs are top notch in quality

Check out Dimension F3H and Dimension Zero if you don't already know them.

Nov 2, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #24,848 of 29,663
I'm 29. Pretty sure I mentioned that in the past.

Good point. But still, even in the mainstream, there was some cool stuff from that era.

I always liked Static-X too!

Check out Dimension F3H and Dimension Zero if you don't already know them.

Yes, Static-X I saw him live before he died, but that's a perfect example of the metal that classic metal people hate, not only was the time weird, but metal became infused with all kinds of stuff it never had. And we are just taking about commercial metal, of course Black Metal was going great. But if you look at American album sales Limp Bizkit was tops!

Nov 2, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #24,849 of 29,663
So glad you like them. I found they work a little better with an after market cable and stay fixed in place. I use the cable for the Basic Indonesia ie200HD. They sell them as just a replacement cable. Tips are tough too but if you really like them sounds like you lucked out and found some tips that work. Only one pair fit for me out of a whole box of tips?

The world needs more almost free great sounding IEMs.

Amen. Yeah Tips are not much of an issue and Fit is Great as well and they have these Mid/Vocal based sound which I have not heard for a while. I think last time it was re-262 but not exactly like them and the bass is there but not as pronounced as the the other KZ that I had.

P.S. I am not really sure if I remember the RE-262 sound any more :)

Nov 2, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #24,850 of 29,663
So far I think the new Korn is going to be my favorite album of the year. Who would guess liking a Nu-metal record in 2016, so many years after the peak of the genre.

Facts are the album is just amazing, so many details with their sound so perfected and fun. It's one of the best if not THE best album they ever made. IMO

Wow. I never liked Korn that much though, but my favorite album of the year even after all the Meshuggah, Ulcerate, Vektor and Wormed is still 

Nov 2, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #24,851 of 29,663
Amen. Yeah Tips are not much of an issue and Fit is Great as well and they have these Mid/Vocal based sound which I have not heard for a while. I think last time it was re-262 but not exactly like them and the bass is there but not as pronounced as the the other KZ that I had.

P.S. I am not really sure if I remember the RE-262 sound any more :)

Well, I believe the bass is pulled a little from something like the KZ-ATE, but with the right tips the bass is heavy also. But they graph out pretty flat with a point where there IS a mid spike, but small. That's the thing is getting used to a new mid emphasizing IEM. Only HiFi Man I had was the RE0. Which they are selling now at Mass Drop for like $35. Haha. Those were the days, 7 years ago!

Nov 3, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #24,852 of 29,663
[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GO81TnRw1Mc [/VIDEO]

Nov 3, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #24,853 of 29,663

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #24,854 of 29,663
The new Deathspell Omega is really good and probably the worst sounding album I heard all year.
Bravo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back