Lets Talk Metal
Jul 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #19,756 of 29,653
Good stuff.

https://amygdaladtx.bandcamp.com/album/epiphany-2

Reminds me of good 'ol Gigan ♥

To bad they are pretty much dead :/

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #19,758 of 29,653
Cobalt is from Colorado too. There's a huge metal scene there.

Good to know, I am UK based and having been only to Denver so far it didn't strike me as being a hot-bed for it, typically I would hop over to Norway or Sweden for those kind of gigs, if I am ever in that neck of the woods again I'll check it out. Will look at Cobalt now as well :)

Jul 22, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #19,760 of 29,653
Could also be CSF leaking from your eyes from too much headbanging.

[rule]Definitely one of my favorite Black Metal albums of 2015.

That guy really nailed the whole abyssal evil atmosphere thing.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Akhlys/The_Dreaming_I/505997

I know, this album is crazy powerful.
Cheers!

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #19,766 of 29,653
  wow both of those bands sound gr8-ive downloaded them-much appreciated

Oh, you didn't know Leviathan? "Unfailing Fall Into Naught" (from the split album with Xasthur) is my favorite Leviathan song, but it's more melancholic and nowhere near as crazy as most of his material. I have most of his albums, including some rare stuff, but haven't heard the newest one yet.

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:18 PM Post #19,768 of 29,653

Oh, you didn't know Leviathan? "Unfailing Fall Into Naught" (from the split album with Xasthur) is my favorite Leviathan song, but it's more melancholic and nowhere near as crazy as most of his material. I have most of his albums, including some rare stuff, but haven't heard the newest one yet.

Newest one is actually his best in my opinion. Much more a marriage of other metal sub-genres than just the straight black metal that is the earlier stuff like Tenth Sublevel. But I have to agree Unfailing is definitely one of my favorite Leviathan songs, it's a great split.

Jul 23, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #19,769 of 29,653

im well up on thrash  death and punk-bm is very good but im a bit of a novice-

Jul 23, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #19,770 of 29,653
  im well up on thrash  death and punk-bm is very good but im a bit of a novice-

For some reason I assumed you were very much into black metal. Well, although melodic death metal is my favorite, I know far more black metal bands. If you haven't heard their discographies already, I highly recommend Abigor and Antaeus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back