Lets Talk Metal
Aug 13, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #15,931 of 29,646
That is exciting. The SQ ruined that album for me.IMO

On another music note Khold releases their new album on Peacevile Records September 30th. The sound is described in previous releases as if they are young musicians raised on Darkthrone. Not the new Darkthrone mind you but the middle Moonfrog era Darkthrone. Just slow moody intense Darkthrone but still original sounding Nordic Black Metal.

Something to look forward to.

Hopefully they will bring the Darkthrone/Moonfrog sound straight into 2014. No one else is even close to doing it now.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AlcH5mswc20

Last Khold release was in 08. This band also related to the Tulus experimental black metal band.

Last time I heard Khold, it sounded sort of like Hate Them - that's mid-Moonfog era, right?

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #15,933 of 29,646
Its almost depressing how happy I am no one posted this before me...

but without further ado there is a new ******** BLACK CROWN INITIATE SONG OUT AND ITS ******** AMAZING

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/08/12/listening-new-black-crown-initiate-song-great-mistake/

Yeah, its lame we can't embed sound cloud on head-fi...But I think this record might be a shoe in for AOTY

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #15,934 of 29,646
Last time I heard Khold, it sounded sort of like Hate Them - that's mid-Moonfog era, right?

Sardonic Wrath was the last Darkthrone/Moonfog production in 2004 and Panzerfaust was the first in 1995.

Krek is my favorite but probably just because it was the first CD I found by the band.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l8_QVPNHe1I

I'm not sure if anyone does not like the Moonfog Productions influence on Darkthrone's sound. Maybe some who only like the first Darkthrone albums except the 1st Deathmetal Darkthrone.

Many believe A Baze In The Northern Sky to be the original Black Metal record. It was still filled with some death metal rifs. When Transilvanian Hunger came out it was total 100% Black Metal.

Still at times I like the Moonfog sound more?:)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xw-8QJL4Iyw

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #15,936 of 29,646
  i want to lead off by saying that I hate almost everything post Valley of the Damned from Dragonforce, but holy heck would I be lying if I said their cover of Ring of Fire isn't amazing

No sir, didn't like it...

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #15,937 of 29,646
OMG, concert of the year!!!

October 23rd, 2014.
Oakland Metro, Oakland, CA

Deicide, Septic Flesh, Inquisition, Carach Angren, Abysmal Dawn

Enough said...

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #15,938 of 29,646
Sardonic Wrath was the last Darkthrone/Moonfog production in 2004 and Panzerfaust was the first in 1995.

Krek is my favorite but probably just because it was the first CD I found by the band.

I'm not sure if anyone does not like the Moonfog Productions influence on Darkthrone's sound. Maybe some who only like the first Darkthrone albums except the 1st Deathmetal Darkthrone.

Many believe A Baze In The Northern Sky to be the original Black Metal record. It was still filled with some death metal rifs. When Transilvanian Hunger came out it was total 100% Black Metal.

Still at times I like the Moonfog sound more?
smily_headphones1.gif

I own every Darkthrone album except the newest one and the recent compilations. I really did not like the strong punk rock influence after The Cult Is Alive, but do enjoy all the other releases. Soulside Journey was more interesting to me than typical death metal albums. If we're talking about Moonfog, I'll take DHG any day, though!

But, but...I thought this was the original black metal record.
tongue.gif

i want to lead off by saying that I hate almost everything post Valley of the Damned from Dragonforce, but holy heck would I be lying if I said their cover of Ring of Fire isn't amazing

Glancing at this, I thought it was Dragonlord, who I like more than Dragonforce.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #15,940 of 29,646
  OMG, concert of the year!!!

October 23rd, 2014.
Oakland Metro, Oakland, CA

Deicide, Septic Flesh, Inquisition, Carach Angren, Abysmal Dawn

Enough said...

I'm going to the Columbus show, can't wait

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #15,941 of 29,646
That is exciting. The SQ ruined that album for me.IMO

On another music note Khold releases their new album on Peacevile Records September 30th. The sound is described in previous releases as if they are young musicians raised on Darkthrone. Not the new Darkthrone mind you but the middle Moonfrog era Darkthrone. Just slow moody intense Darkthrone but still original sounding Nordic Black Metal.

Something to look forward to.

Hopefully they will bring the Darkthrone/Moonfog sound straight into 2014. No one else is even close to doing it now.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AlcH5mswc20

Last Khold release was in 08. This band also related to the Tulus experimental black metal band.

wow khold are good-ive got some tulus and yes they sound similar
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Tulus/Pure_Black_Energy/16630

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #15,942 of 29,646
  When did this happen? Ohhh!!!!! Facebook has worked!!!

http://www.angrymetalguy.com/fallujah-the-flesh-prevails-prevails-review-of-the-dr10-master/

This makes me incredibly happy ! 
He is even considering putting out dynamic versions of other albums if you look at the comments. This is an exciting thing :)

EDIT: If you email him, he will send you samples of the other albums (at least the Inanimate Existance song if I understood his post right). Be sure to send him a mail to show that we are interested and that we do care about these things!

Aug 13, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #15,943 of 29,646
I own every Darkthrone album except the newest one and the recent compilations. I really did not like the strong punk rock influence after The Cult Is Alive, but do enjoy all the other releases. Soulside Journey was more interesting to me than typical death metal albums. If we're talking about Moonfog, I'll take DHG any day, though!

But, but...I thought this was the original black metal record. :p

Glancing at this, I thought it was Dragonlord, who I like more than Dragonforce.

I have most Darkthrone too. I don't have the triple comp of Prepairing For War but the single disk only. I have reissues of Blaze and Hunger on vinyl but the rest CD. Due to being dumb I waited years to finally listen to Soulside Journey. I'm glad they changed over away from Death Metal but Soulside is a top album.

I understand why they changed into the new style and I guess they had to keep evolving, though for me the Ravinishing Grimness, Sadonic Wrath and Hate Them Period is my favorite era for the band then second place the trilogy of Blaze, Hunger and Funeral Moon.

Most folks would think me crazy for putting the trilogy records second but they are, maybe I heard em too much?

I was super late finding out about DHG and only own 2007s Super Villain Outcast. Love it though.

I know that's a joke about Venom. Though I guess it's up for opinion which album was the beginning of the true second wave sound. Transilvanian Hunger may have been pure Black Metal in sound but their lyrics were pure Goregrind at the time!

Give me that groovy mid pace Moonfog Darkthrone and I never get tired of it. Too bad it is only history.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_V8lrDEpp4

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #15,944 of 29,646
I have most Darkthrone too. I don't have the triple comp of Prepairing For War but the single disk only. I have reissues of Blaze and Hunger on vinyl but the rest CD. Due to being dumb I waited years to finally listen to Soulside Journey. I'm glad they changed over away from Death Metal but Soulside is a top album.

I understand why they changed into the new style and I guess they had to keep evolving, though for me the Ravinishing Grimness, Sadonic Wrath and Hate Them Period is my favorite era for the band then second place the trilogy of Blaze, Hunger and Funeral Moon.

Most folks would think me crazy for putting the trilogy records second but they are, maybe I heard em too much?

I was super late finding out about DHG and only own 2007s Super Villain Outcast. Love it though.

I know that's a joke about Venom. Though I guess it's up for opinion which album was the beginning of the true second wave sound. Transilvanian Hunger may have been pure Black Metal in sound but their lyrics were pure Goregrind at the time!

Give me that groovy mid pace Moonfog Darkthrone and I never get tired of it. Too bad it is only history.

I have this special edition of Preparing For War. I kind of like that period of Darkthrone more as well. Old-school Norwegian black metal is great, but sometimes, you just want something less monotonous.

Oh man, you need to hear Satanic Art and 666 International ASAP! Way, way better IMO. Supervillain Outcast is a cool album, but is like nu metal in comparison.

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #15,945 of 29,646
Its almost depressing how happy I am no one posted this before me...

but without further ado there is a new ******** BLACK CROWN INITIATE SONG OUT AND ITS ******** AMAZING

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/08/12/listening-new-black-crown-initiate-song-great-mistake/

Yeah, its lame we can't embed sound cloud on head-fi...But I think this record might be a shoe in for AOTY

Holy .... mother of .... the comment below is spot on. 3:30 = :basshead:

No vinyl though.

Holy hell, check their Facebook page but it seems the band was positive about not crushing their full length. Oh man, oh man, oh man...it's hard to tell from the low bit stream....

I'm also working on something else which I think is pretty big (if it comes to past).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back