Lets Talk Metal
Aug 13, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #15,961 of 29,663
The new YOB album is pretty good btw.
Maybe not their magnum opus but very solid. Like it more than Atma.
The last track is one of the most melancholic pieces of music I've ever heard. Awesome!

Aug 13, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #15,962 of 29,663
Here's a good track. (But curse YouTube's awful sound quality!)

If you ever get Zyklon's albums, there is a box set containing all three of them for the price of one.

I actually like Limbonic Art more than any of the other bands I mentioned to you recently - especially their Ad Noctum - Dynasty Of Death album.

That song has some killer drums. I like the guitar lead at the 2.50 sec minute mark and what happens to it at the 3.0 minute mark.

I got ya, both Zyklon and Zyklon-B are related to Emperor. I will check em out. I guess my feelings were if I could not get any more new Emperor LPs then anything else was second rate. That was the reason I did not look into them

You and I are definitely into the same sound. I saw you post some Old Man's Child a couple posts ago. Have you heard their last 2009 output, Slaves Of The World? I love that album. Sadly I do not have much hope for the new Dimmu Bogir output. Their last was crappy and this new album will not be that good I think. Just heard one song.

Hopefully a band like OMC can still give us a feeling of what old Dimmu Bogir used to be( I know they are different still). I would not even care if Dimmu Bogir changed genres at this point. Anything for them would be better than the dead horse they are beating. Still I love most of their records up until the last one.

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #15,963 of 29,663
  That song has some killer drums. I like the guitar lead at the 2.5 minute mark and what happens to it at the 3.0 minute mark.

I got ya, both Zyklon and Zyklon-B are related to Emperor. I will check em out. I guess my feelings were if I could not get any more new Emperor LPs then anything else was second rate. That was the reason I did not look into them

You and I are definitely into the same sound. I saw you post some Old Man's Child a couple posts ago. Have you heard their last 2009 output, Slaves Of The World? I love that album. Sadly I do not have much hope for the new Dimmu Bogir output. Their last was crappy and this new album will not be that good I think. Just heard one song.

Hopefully a band like OMC can still give us a feeling of what old Dimmu Bogir used to be( I know they are different still). I would not even care if Dimmu Bogir changed genres at this point. Anything for them would be better than the dead horse they are beating. Still I love most of their records up until the last one.

I have very diverse tastes in music. (Just look at my wacky profile.)

Speaking of Emperor, I only have Ihsahn's first solo album. Haven't heard the others.

I also own everything by Dimmu Borgir and Old Man's Child except for rare demos and so on. I definitely like OMC much more. It's more direct and straightforward, more evil-sounding, and more metal in general. I only wish Galder would release a new album already and stop fooling around with Dimmu. (Last I heard, they were recording a new album, but that was some time ago.)

Aug 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #15,964 of 29,663

I have very diverse tastes in music. (Just look at my wacky profile.)

Speaking of Emperor, I only have Ihsahn's first solo album. Haven't heard the others.

I also own everything by Dimmu Borgir and Old Man's Child except for rare demos and so on. I definitely like OMC much more. It's more direct and straightforward, more evil-sounding, and more metal in general. I only wish Galder would release a new album already and stop fooling around with Dimmu. (Last I heard, they were recording a new album, but that was some time ago.)

Well yes, a new Dimmu Borgir song was released. Sad as it was it seems to go with their Starwars-Lord-Of-The-ButPirates clothing theme.

Aug 14, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #15,966 of 29,663

You mean "Bipartisan Apostasy"? That was an April Fool's joke, not a real Dimmu song.

Nice to know this is an elaborate joke, made my day.THX

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #15,969 of 29,663
Aug 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #15,970 of 29,663
Well, I guess I was trying to refer to the complete crystallized and fully formed sound of the second wave. After listening to so much I came to a grand conclusion of the Bathory influence. Obviously the band Immortal is fully Bathory sounding. I really hear it in Emperor. For one to read that Bathory were never influenced by Venom is hard to believe.

Never could get into Venom but I tried. I even have a vinyl reissue of Venoms Black Metal. Does nothing for me.lol

R'Moose, I ddedicate this one to you-LOL! seriously MAN, I FOUND THIS FOR LIKE $7 USED AT MY LOCALRECORD AND TAPE TRADERS. iT'S ALL YOU! I've BEN LOOKING FOR TH IS ON YOUR REDOMMENDATION. iT'S AWESOME. I LIKE THEIR CURRENT RELEASE, TOO. tO MY EARS, THIS IS BASICALLY THRASH ON STEROIDS.

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #15,971 of 29,663

R'Moose, I dedicate this one to you-LOL! seriously MAN, I found Morbid Reich at my local Record and Tape Traders store for like $7 used and I snatched it. This is all you. I would not have thought about this album otherwise. I seriously like this kind of meat'n'potatoes thrashy DM much more than newer uber technical stuff.

OASN,I'm having trouble with the software on this site-unless it's my computer. So, I hope the graphic can be seen. Every so often I past a graphic and then it blanks out-I can't see anything including the text I've typed.

Aug 14, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #15,972 of 29,663
61gn2PkHsgL.jpg

Let's try again

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #15,974 of 29,663
How is't? I do dig their sound.

Billy Anderson did it and apparently this is the first time he had to deal with a very extensive multi-track process. He is a talented mixing engineer. His masters though, I'm still on the fence.

I thought Vertikal was decent despite how loud it is.

Aug 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #15,975 of 29,663
Billy Anderson did it and apparently this is the first time he had to deal with a very extensive multi-track process. He is a talented mixing engineer. His masters though, I'm still on the fence.

I thought Vertikal was decent despite how loud it is.

Actually Vertikal is one of my favorite albums in the past few years. But, I'm a sucker for that style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back