Lets Talk Metal
Aug 13, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #15,946 of 29,664
I have this special edition of Preparing For War. I kind of like that period of Darkthrone more as well. Old-school Norwegian black metal is great, but sometimes, you just want something less monotonous.

Oh man, you need to hear Satanic Art and 666 International ASAP! Way, way better IMO. Supervillain Outcast is a cool album, but is like nu metal in comparison.

Agreed it is the definition of monotonous. But....but ...that is what makes the musical breaks so grand. Lol

I need to get more DHG but CDs are hard to find.

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #15,948 of 29,664
I know that's a joke about Venom. Though I guess it's up for opinion which album was the beginning of the true second wave sound. Transilvanian Hunger may have been pure Black Metal in sound but their lyrics were pure Goregrind at the time!

Fenriz himself, claims that Master's Hammer (Ritual) was the true start to the second wave, even though they weren't Norwegian

i'm not arguing with Fenriz LOL.  But it's definitely up for opinion, considering the massive amount of different styles that made up the first wave.

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #15,949 of 29,664
I need to get more DHG but CDs are hard to find.

Hard to find? This is the age of the Internet, my friend!

Granted, Satanic Art is rare, but still available on sites like Amazon, Discogs, and eBay.

Best track from that EP:

666 International is easy to find. In addition to the original, it was remastered and rereleased in 2011 with bonus tracks.

If you don't feel guilty about getting a YouTube preview, just press play:

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #15,950 of 29,664
Why does ever Dragonforce song (cover or not) sound EXACTLY the same? EXACTLY.

I can't stand Dragonforce personally. Oh and evidently Nuclear Blast released Kingdom Of Conspiracy without even telling Zack Ohren

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #15,951 of 29,664
Fenriz himself, claims that Master's Hammer (Ritual) was the true start to the second wave, even though they weren't Norwegian

i'm not arguing with Fenriz LOL.  But it's definitely up for opinion, considering the massive amount of different styles that made up the first wave.

Well, I guess I was trying to refer to the complete crystallized and fully formed sound of the second wave. After listening to so much I came to a grand conclusion of the Bathory influence. Obviously the band Immortal is fully Bathory sounding. I really hear it in Emperor. For one to read that Bathory were never influenced by Venom is hard to believe.

Never could get into Venom but I tried. I even have a vinyl reissue of Venoms Black Metal. Does nothing for me.lol

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #15,952 of 29,664
Hard to find? This is the age of the Internet, my friend!

Granted, Satanic Art is rare, but still available on sites like Amazon, Discogs, and eBay.

Best track from that EP:

666 International is easy to find. In addition to the original, it was remastered and rereleased in 2011 with bonus tracks.

If you don't feel guilty about getting a YouTube preview, just press play:

Thank you. Funny when Supervillian Outcast came out I saw it reviewed even in Audiophile magazines, strange for such a underground band. I have been listening to Aborym's last album "Dirty" over and over again. Still I really hated Aborym's last video release. That guy with the dick nose was just dumb, IMO.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #15,953 of 29,664
Got to see Deafheaven live a few hours ago.
INCREDIBLE concert!
These guys put so much passion into their performance!

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #15,954 of 29,664
Thank you. Funny when Supervillian Outcast came out I saw it reviewed even in Audiophile magazines, strange for such a underground band.

The extra attention is probably due to Peaceville Records and The End Records licensing their releases.

A two-disc edition of Supervillain Outcast was released in 2012 as well.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #15,956 of 29,664
The extra attention is probably due to Peaceville Records and The End Records licensing their releases.

A two-disc edition of Supervillain Outcast was released in 2012 as well.

Wow, I will have to check that out. No other band like em. Funny how our original second wave heroes slowly became something else musically. Nothing ever stays the same except maybe Immortal. Except they were not Immortal. Lol:D

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #15,958 of 29,664
Wow, I will have to check that out. No other band like em. Funny how our original second wave heroes slowly became something else musically. Nothing ever stays the same except maybe Immortal. Except they were not Immortal. Lol:D

I couldn't believe how far Satyricon fell after the turn of the millennium.

Did you ever hear Zyklon? Their debut album features Limbonic Art's vocalist and Emperor's guitarist and drummer.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #15,959 of 29,664
I couldn't believe how far Satyricon fell after the turn of the millennium.

Did you ever hear Zyklon? Their debut album features Limbonic Art's vocalist and Emperor's guitarist and drummer.

I do know of the band but never heard them. In 2000 I became super into Emperor and would research the band finding out they had connections with Zyklon-B from reading Encyclopedia Metalium.

I don't mind what became of Satyricon but again few folks are going to love a complete Black Metal bands lifetime output. It seems the more into the band a person is the more they flip-out with the genre or sound style changes that almost always comes in the future.

This is the simple reason I hate Opeth now. Lol

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #15,960 of 29,664
I do know of the band but never heard them. In 2000 I became super into Emperor and would research the band finding out they had connections with Zyklon from reading Encyclopedia Metalium.

Here's a good track. (But curse YouTube's awful sound quality!)

If you ever get Zyklon's albums, there is a box set containing all three of them for the price of one.

I actually like Limbonic Art more than any of the other bands I mentioned to you recently - especially their Ad Noctum - Dynasty Of Death album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back