Lets Talk Metal
Jul 21, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #15,361 of 29,646
  It's a very not bandcamp-ish price, I have to admit.

Their style of Black Metal is so damn cheesy! I love it ♥
Sound-wise it's exactly like their other albums, if you ask me.

I'm really not into Raw BM but Ceremonial Castings make it sound so damn charming :)
Not trve or kvlt or whatever. Just like a whole lot of fun. Really could not imagine them with e.g. Behemoth-ish sound.

Oh and look at the DR....it's above average!

I have to agree. They have the formula down, but at the same time they don't take themselves overtly seriously or feel pressure to adhere to any standard other than their own. They just wanna make some good, catchy tunes. They remind me a little bit of The Monolith Deathcult where there is a subtle satire that runs through their music while being very enjoyable.

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #15,362 of 29,646
  I have to agree. They have the formula down, but at the same time they don't take themselves overtly seriously or feel pressure to adhere to any standard other than their own. They just wanna make some good, catchy tunes. They remind me a little bit of The Monolith Deathcult where there is a subtle satire that runs through their music while being very enjoyable.

Yup! Or something like Denial of God.

Great stuff. It's like the BM version of one of the old Hammer Studios Horror movies from 1960 :)

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #15,363 of 29,646

As I just postet some Cthulhu stuff, one ocean related album and one of my favorite albums ever (along with their second one) came to my mind. They are atmospheric masterpieces in my eyes. Some people say that some songs are boring, but I disagree. There are few albums I love more listening to in a dark room, with eyes shut and just getting soaked in on this journey to the dark depths of the ocean.

EDIT: Do you guys know any albums/ bands that are in some way or another similar to these albums? I just love their atmosphere so much :)

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #15,364 of 29,646
Jul 21, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #15,365 of 29,646

EDIT: Do you guys know any albums/ bands that are in some way or another similar to these albums? I just love their atmosphere so much :)

Neurosis, Ahab and Catacombs are my favorites that come to mind.

I'll take any excuse to link this album. It's not the same thing, but it is doomy as all hell.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #15,366 of 29,646

This actually would be an example for a band compressing their album on purpose to make it sound like it´s coming from the deep ocean (a member of the band posted this on a forum a while ago). It does make sense if you look at it that way, but I still wish I could hear it in just a normal more dynamic version.

The song itself really is amazing though. And I love the artwork.

That's a cool concept, I didn't know that. Even then I've always enjoyed the sound of this record just because I like the atmospheric blend of noises.

We can't just talk about Cthulhu and not mention this album.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #15,367 of 29,646
  Neurosis, Ahab and Catacombs are my favorites that come to mind.

I'll take any excuse to link this album. It's not the same thing, but it is doomy as all hell.

I know and love Neurosis and Ahab. Don´t know much about Catacombs. Thanks, will have a listen :)

And you´re right...it´s time to listen to The Divinity Of Ocean again :D The Giant is an amazing album too, the use of more clean vocals add emotion and variety to the music without feeling out of place. 

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #15,368 of 29,646
Did everyone listen to this?

Plini - Atlas

a3871142140_10.jpg

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #15,369 of 29,646

I know and love Neurosis and Ahab. Don´t know much about Catacombs. Thanks, will have a listen :)

You should also check out Esoteric!

Really awesome song.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #15,370 of 29,646
  You should also check out Esoteric!

Really awesome song.

Was listening to them half an hour ago :D As I dig deeper into the band´s sound, it gets more and more fascinating. Really intense and beautiful music.
When I hear music like that, I always have to come back to this song:

It gets me every time 
frown.gif

That's a cool concept, I didn't know that. Even then I've always enjoyed the sound of this record just because I like the atmospheric blend of noises.

We can't just talk about Cthulhu and not mention this album.

That was ******* badass! Thanks, will definately try the album out.

Jul 21, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #15,371 of 29,646
  Did everyone listen to this?

Plini - Atlas

That was the first Plini song that I really didn't like. Too much Dream Theater-ish wankery for my taste. Everything else he's done is killer.

That was ******* badass! Thanks, will definately try the album out.

If you like it, listen to their first album, "The Esoteric Order". It's just as good!

Jul 21, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #15,372 of 29,646

That was the first Plini song that I really didn't like. Too much Dream Theater-ish wankery for my taste. Everything else he's done is killer.

If you like it, listen to their first album, "The Esoteric Order". It's just as good!

Oh yes, I like the earlier ones more. They are more dreamy, atmospheric and melodic. This is a little more metal. I like it though. I hate dream theater.

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #15,373 of 29,646
My band recently released our 3rd album. You can check it out here.
http://monobrowmanband.bandcamp.com.

Vinyl has a DR of 12
smily_headphones1.gif

Amazing! Thank you.

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #15,374 of 29,646
As a man with a monobrow, I feel I must endorse this band.

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #15,375 of 29,646

Users who are viewing this thread

Back