Lets Talk Metal
Jul 21, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #15,377 of 29,663
Isn't it a unibrow?

I like the Sabbath influence mixed with the guitar/bass drumesk tone of Superjoint Ritual. Only things that come to mind? Maybe Mastodon?

Totally fun, I will be listening to this all day! I love these guys!

Jul 21, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #15,378 of 29,663
My band recently released our 3rd album. You can check it out here.
http://monobrowmanband.bandcamp.com.

Vinyl has a DR of 12
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome! Since the days of Kyuss, Sleep, YOB, Pelican I've been a stoner doom fan. Totally dig this.Congrats.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #15,380 of 29,663

Nice instroprog, though I think previous EP was more interesting. Awesome artwork!

Yes.. There is a cat on top of the parachute... Hehehehe

Yep, agreed previous releases were def better.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #15,381 of 29,663
  Amazing! Thank you.

No problem, thanks for checking it out!  I figured there would some people here that would enjoy it.

As a man with a monobrow, I feel I must endorse this band.

Keep it connected man!

I like the Sabbath influence mixed with the guitar/bass drumesk tone of Superjoint Ritual. Only things that come to mind? Maybe Mastodon?

Totally fun, I will be listening to this all day! I love these guys!

Glad you dig it, funny enough none of us really listen to Mastodon very much.  I've been getting into them lately.  Crack the Skye is my favorite, followed by Leviathan and Blood Mountain.  Then new one is also growing on me.

Awesome! Since the days of Kyuss, Sleep, YOB, Pelican I've been a stoner doom fan. Totally dig this.Congrats.

Thanks!  Kyuss and Sleep are definetly big influences but as are Sabbath (obviously :) ), Funkadelic, Pentagram and Saint Vitus.

Here is  little video we did, pretty amateur but it turned our pretty good and it was cheap to make.

Currently I spinning Acid King's Busse Woods with my LD1+ and HE-4s...classic.

Jul 22, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #15,382 of 29,663
  Neurosis, Ahab and Catacombs are my favorites that come to mind.

I know and love Neurosis and Ahab. Don´t know much about Catacombs. Thanks, will have a listen :)

I may have pre-ordered Catacombs' full-length album from Moribund Records. (I remember the good old days when I would send them [and other labels] cash in the mail and try to snatch up their rare stock.) It's pretty good for funeral doom.

Haven't heard Ahab, but I have 5 Neurosis CDs. I don't know of any other band that has the atmosphere they do.

You should also check out Esoteric!

Really awesome song.

Was listening to them half an hour ago :D As I dig deeper into the band´s sound, it gets more and more fascinating. Really intense and beautiful music.

I recommended Esoteric a few pages back. I own their latest three albums. Can't recall if the older releases were more interesting.

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #15,383 of 29,663

No problem, thanks for checking it out!  I figured there would some people here that would enjoy it.

Keep it connected man!

Glad you dig it, funny enough none of us really listen to Mastodon very much.  I've been getting into them lately.  Crack the Skye is my favorite, followed by Leviathan and Blood Mountain.  Then new one is also growing on me.

Thanks!  Kyuss and Sleep are definetly big influences but as are Sabbath (obviously :) ), Funkadelic, Pentagram and Saint Vitus.

Here is  little video we did, pretty amateur but it turned our pretty good and it was cheap to make.

Currently I spinning Acid King's Busse Woods with my LD1+ and HE-4s...classic.

I never see that posted. Big props dude. I love Acid King. That's a great album.  Cool to see one of our own with making new music. Living the dream.

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #15,387 of 29,663
Jul 22, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #15,388 of 29,663

Cool to see one of our own with making new music. Living the dream.

hahaha yeah living the dream! world tour coming in 2015
wink.gif

Well, you know what? I found you on Rhapsody and now I'm streaming your band on Sonos through my stereo and wirelessly through speakers in my kitchen along with other new music. Couldn't have imagined doing something like that a few years ago.

That's livin' the dream in my book. Sounds great. 

Jul 22, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #15,389 of 29,663

Well, you know what? I found you on Rhapsody and now I'm streaming your band on Sonos through my stereo and wirelessly through speakers in my kitchen along with other new music. Couldn't have imagined doing something like that a few years ago.

That's livin' the dream in my book. Sounds great. 

very true, and thanks!

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #15,390 of 29,663
I really want to know why it took me till now to actually sit down and listen to all of Welcome to the Morbid Reich, what a glorious album

Well, it is very close to perfect. I would almost go as far as to call it audiophile metal. It's more than that. It has a very large level of detail and authority much like a movie. I listen to it all the time and never get sick of it.

Many of us put it at the top of our year end lists. Welcome to the Morbid Reich is a perfect gateway record for anyone not into Vader. Due to the quality it seems to even add to the listening experience of Vader's record before it [Necropolis] and helps us understand Vader's new album.

Vader is my favorite band. The new album just gets better and better with repeat listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back