Lets Talk Metal
Dec 30, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #12,768 of 29,650
  Personally, I have a really hard time keeping up with the new releases. Its been like this for a few years now. I also tend to get stuck and listen to the same band or song over and over and over. Good problem to have though. I just picked up a bunch of new material based on this threads recommendations and I already really like a lot of them. To name a few, In Vain, Gris, Vulture Industries have all been a joy to listen to.

I'm with you. I just can't seem to keep up. Like someone said in an earlier post, nothing stays in rotation for more than a few spins unless it really blows me away. Unfortunately, the stuff that takes a while to get in to just gets lost. I only get a few hours a week to sit down and seriously listen to anything, and I have to split that up between old faves and the new stuff coming down the pipe.

Nothing has really blown me away this year. Some good stuff for sure, but no instant classic or anything (although the new Carcass is growing on me).

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #12,769 of 29,650
BEST OF 2013,
Carcass
Exhumed
Inquisition
I missed loads as im not a machine that tries to keep up with everything(balls to that sirs)

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #12,771 of 29,650
And here is my humble list:

1. Deafheaven - Sunbather
2. Arsaidh - Roots
3. Anagnorisis - Beyond All Light
Skagos - Anarchic
Fallujah - Nomadic
Gorguts - Colored Sands
Illuminati - The Core
Lesbian - Forestelevision
SubRosa - More Constant than the Gods
Yawning Sons - Ceremony to the Sunset

Yup, Sunbather takes the cake. Arsaidh comes in second.
I'm a bit too lazy to bring the rest in the right order :)

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #12,772 of 29,650
And here is my humble list:

1. Deafheaven - Sunbather

2. Arsaidh - Roots

3. Anagnorisis - Beyond All Light

Skagos - Anarchic

Fallujah - Nomadic

Gorguts - Colored Sands

Illuminati - The Core

Lesbian - Forestelevision

SubRosa - More Constant than the Gods

Yawning Sons - Ceremony to the Sunset

Yup, Sunbather takes the cake. Arsaidh comes in second.

I'm a bit too lazy to bring the rest in the right order :)

I'm just about to check out that Beyond All Light record....

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #12,775 of 29,650
Not gonna lie, I don't usually visit blogs (hell, Metal-fi is the only music blog I read and that's because of this thread), so as an ignorant on that matter, I'll only say: congrats on spreading out the message more! :wink:

But I never did say thank you from what I can gather quickly scanning this thread (the best one on Head-Fi hands down!).

So I know this is late, but "THANK YOU," All I can ask is you continue to follow us and spread the word! :D

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #12,776 of 29,650
I can't remember everything that came out this year, but the two new discs that spent the most time in my playlist this year were the new Alter Bridge (not real \m/ metal) and this:

ASG - Blood Drive

Not as good as Win Us Over, but tasty none the less.

Dec 30, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #12,777 of 29,650
  I've stumbled upon this, to put it simply, pulverizing album a few weeks ago and have decided to listen to it now. 

Unreleased 1985 Is the shiznit! Absolutely pulverising!

A couple of tracks from the album.

They just came out with an album Sept 27th. Also you may want to track down this album too.
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Speckmann_Project/16687

Dec 30, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #12,778 of 29,650
Picked up a couple of bargain bin closeout metal cds for $2-3 brand new at a nearby music/video place. I got

Diskreet Engage the Mechanicality and Infernal Rise
Cattle Decapitation Human Manure
Cannibal Corpse Bloodthirsty Clean Version
Obituary Xecutioner's Return
Cataract With Triumph Comes Loss

They had a bunch of other bands, but none that I really recognized and a couple of these I took a chance on. I still find it kind of funny that they censor the cannibal corpse.

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #12,779 of 29,650

They just came out with an album Sept 27th. Also you may want to track down this album too.
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Speckmann_Project/16687

My dad told me a little about them before. Told me he used to own a cassette tape and their CD for the album before he sold it about 4 yrs later to buy booze.
Said something along the lines of "this'll rupture your ear drums and cause you to snap your own neck from (forgot the word, but I presume it was something like headbanging)". Master that is, I know Speckmann is a mix their label didn't like and it became it's own thing

He/we (my family) used to live in Chicago and went out to see local bands perform and what not. I think he has a signed copy of Pelican's debut somewhere in his vinyl collection

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #12,780 of 29,650

Got these just the other day; church shaped candles for your own amusement. Jar of forest mushrooms for size reference ;]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back