Lets Talk Metal
May 18, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #14,461 of 29,671
May 18, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #14,463 of 29,671
  For those interested in the Swans record, it is quite a satisfying experience. I don't want to say too much about it yet but the first impressions after 3 listens are that it's maybe not as claustrofobic and daunting as The Seer is. It has power of its own though. And my seal of approval.

Hey. I just checked Amazon-the CD available at this point looks like a special edition 3 discs. I believe the actual release is two discs. Do you have the special edition? Curious-if you think the extra disc (or album if your listening to vinyl) is worth the extra couple of $?

$16.79

1. Audio CD (May 13, 2014)
  2. Original Release Date: 2014
  3. Number of Discs: 3
  4. Format: Special Edition
810-qM7BHOL._SL1200_.jpg

May 18, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #14,464 of 29,671
May 18, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #14,467 of 29,671

Hey. I just checked Amazon-the CD available at this point looks like a special edition 3 discs. I believe the actual release is two discs. Do you have the special edition? Curious-if you think the extra disc (or album if your listening to vinyl) is worth the extra couple of $?

I just got the regular 2CD set. 3 vinyls would be too many for my patience to flip through :D.

I passed on the extra DVD. The Seer also had it and I think it didn't include much more than the mini documentary that you can see also from youtube or Pitchfork's front page. Not sure though so take this with a grain of NaCl.

edit: Oh and the contents on just the 2CDs is worth double the money. It's good!

May 18, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #14,468 of 29,671

1. Audio CD (May 13, 2014)
  2. Original Release Date: 2014
  3. Number of Discs: 3
  4. Format: Special Edition

It might be the 2CD + DVD (hence three disks) edition.

May 18, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #14,469 of 29,671
  I just got the regular 2CD set. 3 vinyls would be too many for my patience to flip through :D.

I passed on the extra DVD. The Seer also had it and I think it didn't include much more than the mini documentary that you can see also from youtube or Pitchfork's front page. Not sure though so take this with a grain of NaCl.

edit: Oh and the contents on just the 2CDs is worth double the money. It's good!

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered the 3 cd set. I'm sure I could have waited a few months and got the basic double disc release cheaper and used-but I don't want to wait.

Cheers
bigsmile_face.gif

May 18, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #14,473 of 29,671
Is it just me, I don't get Swans??? Tried listening on Youtube and it should be nowhere near a Metal discussion...

Neither do I. I have tried, and tired, and tired, I just don't get it. And I consider all of you friends with impeccable taste in music! :D

Can someone point me to a song that I might like? Please?

May 18, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #14,475 of 29,671
That made my day.

I'm dead serious!
The only kind of Death Metal I like is Tech/Prog Death.
Entombed, Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under, Morbid Angel, Master, Devourment etc etc are just not for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back