Lets Talk Metal
May 16, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #14,446 of 29,671
http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=23508

Hands down the best metal song I have heard all year. I'm about 90 percent sure this will be my favorite release for 2014 after hearing this single song. We are soo lucky!:p

May 16, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #14,447 of 29,671
http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=23508

Hands down the best metal song I have heard all year. I'm about 90 percent sure this will be my favorite release for 2014 after hearing this single song. We are soo lucky!:p

I do love me some Vader. It's a bit repetitive though (I likey though).

Are you getting the LP?

May 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #14,448 of 29,671
I do love me some Vader. It's a bit repetitive though (I likely though).

Are you getting the LP?

I may get the LP. The simple structure is what I like. The fact that it is a new band from 2009 on but still sound like classic Vader. I just love the way they have interpreted Slayer in that song.

There was a time when every Vader album had the same guitar sound from start to finish and album to album. So now in many ways they are better than they were. They have a new sound and it seems like maybe it will be fully engaged on this new release.

Perfect drums, perfect production, perfect song size. They just know what they are doing, and THEY CARE.

May 16, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #14,449 of 29,671
Perfect drums, perfect production, perfect song size. They just know what they are doing, and THEY CARE.

RC, I hate to say this but at least on the digital side, their production has been far from perfect.

I have both Morbid Reich on CD and vinyl (thanks to my partner in crime) and the vinyl KILLLS IT. I MEAN KILLS IT. No contest.

I suspect the new one will be compressed to smithereens like Reich.

May 16, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #14,451 of 29,671

Can you guys suggest some bands with similar style like this? :D I always like Michael Amott playing style but can't get into Arch Enemy lyrical theme ....

Hmmmm Wo Fat.
Pretty great album.

May 16, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #14,453 of 29,671
Yes! New Bongripper track ♥
https://soundcloud.com/user3105090/bongripper-endless/s-26DMe

And you can pre-order the new album here:
http://bongripper.bigcartel.com/

atsmile.gif

May 16, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #14,454 of 29,671

Can you guys suggest some bands with similar style like this? :D I always like Michael Amott playing style but can't get into Arch Enemy lyrical theme ....

There are a lot of fun stoner/retro/riff metal/rock bands out there....If you haven't heard much in the genre check out Clutch, Kyuss, High on Fire, Graveyard, Monster Magnet, The Sword, Red Giant...the list goes on and on.

May 17, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #14,455 of 29,671
RC, I hate to say this but at least on the digital side, their production has been far from perfect.

I have both Morbid Reich on CD and vinyl (thanks to my partner in crime) and the vinyl KILLLS IT. I MEAN KILLS IT. No contest.

I suspect the new one will be compressed to smithereens like Reich.

I have a ton of original Vader CDs and no Vader vinyl. I can only imagine how good they are on wax. I'm just happy the band exists in it's present form. Necropolis is great too IMO even though many simply bagged on the CD.

14 years ago Vader helped me fully understand the genre so it'a just such a charmed thing to see them excel now opposed to just going on and making boring records.:rolleyes:

They are by far the most mature and intelligent death metal band in existence. It is even safe to say they are currently the greatest death metal band in the world.13 more days.

May 17, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #14,457 of 29,671
I have a ton of original Vader CDs and no Vader vinyl. I can only imagine how good they are on wax. I'm just happy the band exists in it's present form. Necropolis is great too IMO even though many simply bagged on the CD.

14 years ago Vader helped me fully understand the genre so it'a just such a charmed thing to see them excel now opposed to just going on and making boring records.
rolleyes.gif

They are by far the most mature and intelligent death metal band in existence. It is even safe to say they are currently the greatest death metal band in the world.13 more days.

Please post what you think of the whole album when it comes out. I need to own some Vader.

This is the metal I'm listening to today....

\

Morbus Chron is going to take a while for me to digest....it's growing on me.

May 17, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #14,459 of 29,671
Listening to the first couple of tracks from Death Mask/Lord Mantis.

It is pretty grim, devoid of light and devastating as promised. This is one case IMO where the vocals fit the music. Grim-bleak-raw-just right for the album.

That's what I ask for-vocals that add something.

In recent years, I feel let down with generic extreme vocals often feel pasted on without much thought. As a metal fan, I think we should expect the same level of skill in vocals as any other musical genre. 

A few that come to mind that I actually think add something to the music:  Mortuus (Marduk-who should get an Oscar nomination), Mikael Akerfeldt, Martin Van Drunen (Asphyx, Hail of Bullets), Abbath (Immortal), Ihsahn (Emperor), Tomas Lindburg (At the Gates), Nocturno (Darkthrone), Shagrath (Dimmuu).

But usually-it's the music that carries the day for me in spite of the vocals.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/08/23/op-ed-metal-vocalists-have-become-irrelevant/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back