Lets Talk Metal
Dec 26, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #12,691 of 29,687
  I've never checked out Marduk, but I'll give em a shot. I always hear people saying that Marduk only sounds good on the albums but not live, in any case I'll find out for myself. 

Ive just recently listened to the first 3 -pretty good

Dark Endless (1992)
Those of the Unlight (1993)
Opus Nocturne (1994)

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #12,694 of 29,687
  This is some sweet, sweet atmospheric bm for the trve connaisseur... And if you hate this we can never be friends. :wink: 

Nice. I've never heard of these guys before.

Dec 27, 2013 at 4:06 AM Post #12,695 of 29,687
Dec 27, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #12,698 of 29,687

What's the name of the all female band bro?!?!?

Spice Girls?

Haha, these "boy" and "girl" bands never fail to confuse me - a band is a group of instruments and there are what sounds like instruments playing in the background, but where do they hide them?

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #12,699 of 29,687
Dec 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #12,700 of 29,687
Dec 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #12,702 of 29,687

Nice. I've never heard of these guys before.

Algazanth is one of the better satanic symphonic bands out there. Check out "Wreath of Thevetat" for some intense and passionate melodic BM. Mikko Apsa did vocals for them for a while!

Thanks Negakinu, I had no idea they had a new album coming out. They were pretty much my favorite band while I was going to University. The type of riffing and melodies on this song is definitely reminiscent of their other albums; they've definitely developed a signature sound.

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #12,703 of 29,687
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/12/dont-listen-to-everything/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+invisibleoranges+%28INVISIBLE+ORANGES+-+THE+METAL+BLOG%29

I found this an interesting article about the over abundance of metal available online. Basically, there is more metal (and music in across the board) than anyone can listen to...where do  you draw the line?

Also points to some generational differences between people who were born into the internet age vs those of us that lived in a world where seeking music involved some real leg work.

I've been thinking recently how great it is to have so much information about all kinds of things-but relevant to this article-metal- relative to life say 20 years ago-but is there a downside?

Metal, like any art form, was until  recent times passed down word of mouth.

I'm not making a judgment one way or the other. But, I think it's worth thinking about.....

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #12,705 of 29,687
  http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/12/dont-listen-to-everything/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+invisibleoranges+%28INVISIBLE+ORANGES+-+THE+METAL+BLOG%29

I found this an interesting article about the over abundance of metal available online. Basically, there is more metal (and music in across the board) than anyone can listen to...where do  you draw the line?

Also points to some generational differences between people who were born into the internet age vs those of us that lived in a world where seeking music involved some real leg work.

I've been thinking recently how great it is to have so much information about all kinds of things-but relevant to this article-metal- relative to life say 20 years ago-but is there a downside?

Metal, like any art form, was until  recent times passed down word of mouth.

I'm not making a judgment one way or the other. But, I think it's worth thinking about.....

I agree-There is so much out there at the moment.Its mindblowing.The best thing to do is just take it slow and enjoy.So many people just give a good album a listen and then move onto the next good find-play the bugger 10 times is what i say.i will read the article in depth later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back