1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lets Talk Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by zackp, Jan 3, 2009.
First

Back
817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826
828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837
Next

Last
  1. markm1
    This is totally generational. My parents were hippies in a way. My music was too heavy for them. Now it's reverse.  I'm streaming to this metallic hardcore-All Pigs Must Die. My 14 year old daughter's Mormon friend is walking over. We're iced in from the storm. My kid tells me, Dad, Elizabeth's coming over. Please put on your headphones!

I thought it was supposed to work the other way around......

I have now entered The Twilight Zone.

2. markm1

Martin Van whatever is about my fav DM vocalist. Loved Of Frost and War. I thought Divine Winds sort of was the same thing-lite. How's the new release?

3. keepitsimple
  4. Redcarmoose
  5. Aphexbug

I Think Hail of Bullets is one of the best Martin Van's bands, the sound is always good and the voices is F. awesome

6. macrocheesium

I liked that album for about 30 minutes and then I was just waiting for it to end. Good songs, but waaaaaaay too long. The whole thing kind of felt like an hour-long drawn out jam.

7. campj

8. Trogdor
  9. Trogdor

Definitely buy the vinyl if you can, its a high dynamic master! AMAZING!

10. campj

Ha, nice. I'd bump the music up by .5 according to your scale though. I think it's pretty good.

11. Trogdor

It is a great release and to be fair, I think I like it more than the score I gave it but I do stand by it since the vocals get wonky for me on a few tracks and they clearly worship Incantation - but who doesn't? :)

12. campj
    I think I'm starting to develop an ear for DRC. This album doesn't sound too brickwalled to me, what do you think, trog:

https://amputatedveinrecords.bandcamp.com/album/cosmic-enigma

Cerekloth is like Incantation played at half speed.

13. theseaminer
    New member here. I thoroughly enjoy some metal.

14. MorbidToaster

Pelagial is one of my favorites from recent memory. It's insanely good, IMO.

I am SO PISSED this is not getting a physical release. Their other live album was fantastic, and I have a DVD and LPs for that.

15. Fido2

LOL...too funny!

First

Back
817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826
828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837
Next

Last