Lets Talk Metal
Dec 9, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #12,391 of 29,664
This is totally generational. My parents were hippies in a way. My music was too heavy for them. Now it's reverse.  I'm streaming to this metallic hardcore-All Pigs Must Die. My 14 year old daughter's Mormon friend is walking over. We're iced in from the storm. My kid tells me, Dad, Elizabeth's coming over. Please put on your headphones!

I thought it was supposed to work the other way around......

I have now entered The Twilight Zone.

Dec 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #12,392 of 29,664

Anyone?

Martin Van whatever is about my fav DM vocalist. Loved Of Frost and War. I thought Divine Winds sort of was the same thing-lite. How's the new release?

Dec 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #12,394 of 29,664
Dec 9, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #12,396 of 29,664
  What an amazing song!

I liked that album for about 30 minutes and then I was just waiting for it to end. Good songs, but waaaaaaay too long. The whole thing kind of felt like an hour-long drawn out jam.

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #12,401 of 29,664
Ha, nice. I'd bump the music up by .5 according to your scale though. I think it's pretty good.

It is a great release and to be fair, I think I like it more than the score I gave it but I do stand by it since the vocals get wonky for me on a few tracks and they clearly worship Incantation - but who doesn't? :)

Dec 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #12,402 of 29,664
I think I'm starting to develop an ear for DRC. This album doesn't sound too brickwalled to me, what do you think, trog:

https://amputatedveinrecords.bandcamp.com/album/cosmic-enigma

Cerekloth is like Incantation played at half speed.

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #12,404 of 29,664
  Yes, I'm bored.

Just streamed the entire Ocean: Pelagial. Yes, I know it is on the entire Metalsucks staff lists. But,  I just had to check it out. Wow. talk about a variety of styles and ambition! Clean and harsh vocals, prog metal, doom, post rock. Pretty impressive first time thru.

Now streaming All Pigs Must Die. This music will make you want to break objects and bench press 400 pounds. Can you feel the testosterone? Not sure if life pisses me off enough to listen to more than a few times.

Pelagial is one of my favorites from recent memory. It's insanely good, IMO.
  This just in.

Mastodon will release Mastodon Live At Brixton on December 10th in both audio and video versions, but what's interesting is this will be a digital-only release. No DVDs, no CDs, just iTunes and Amazon. The live set was taped at the band's debut performance at the Brixton Academy on February 11, 2012 and features the following set list:
01. Dry Bone Valley
02. Black Tongue
03. Crystal Skull
04. I Am Ahab
05. Capillarian Crest
06. Colony of Birchmen
07. Megalodon
08. Thickening
09. Blasteroid
10. Sleeping Giant
11. Ghost of Karelia
12. All The Heavy Lifting
13. Spectrelight
14. Curl of the Burl
15. Bedazzled Fingernails
16. Circle of Cysquatch
17. Aqua Dementia
18. Crack The Skye
19. Where Strides The Behemoth
20. Iron Tusk
21. March of the Fireants
22. Blood and Thunder
23. Creature Lives

I am SO PISSED this is not getting a physical release. Their other live album was fantastic, and I have a DVD and LPs for that.

Dec 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #12,405 of 29,664
  This is totally generational. My parents were hippies in a way. My music was too heavy for them. Now it's reverse.  I'm streaming to this metallic hardcore-All Pigs Must Die. My 14 year old daughter's Mormon friend is walking over. We're iced in from the storm. My kid tells me, Dad, Elizabeth's coming over. Please put on your headphones!

I thought it was supposed to work the other way around......

I have now entered The Twilight Zone.

LOL...too funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back