Lets Talk Metal
Jan 25, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #8,326 of 29,702
Walls of Jericho.  I heard the band first.  Didn't realize it was a female singer until months later when I just randomly looked up the band info.

Here is the opposite situation.  I thought Kingdom of Giants had a two vocalists, female and male.  I thought it was an interesting combination...but nope...all male.

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #8,327 of 29,702
Quote:
Alright guys. I think I found the first record I'll be playing on my speakers. I found a copy of Wolves in the Throne Room's Celestial Lineage on vinyl and I really think they cared about this release. 

For one, it's 180g (typical), black (tends to mean no nonsense with modern music), the gatefold is a thicker than normal cardboard, the plastic sleeve is nice...but probably the most surprising and the reason I'm so excited...It's a double LP 45 record. 

I did NOT expect to find something like this cut as a 45. Hype.

EDIT: First track. Enjoy.

I salute you for your choice! That one is gorgeous. I was thinking of getting a second copy of it since that's the one that probably has the most plays and is bound to wear out at some point in the future
beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #8,328 of 29,702
Jan 25, 2013 at 5:04 AM Post #8,329 of 29,702
Quote:
That cover art is neat! Is it drawn on a black base instead of white? Like this:

Nope, just thick ink work.  Then digitally colored I assume.
http://www.dan-mumford.com/portfolio

Jan 25, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #8,330 of 29,702
Quote:
Walls of Jericho.  I heard the band first.  Didn't realize it was a female singer until months later when I just randomly looked up the band info.

Here is the opposite situation.  I thought Kingdom of Giants had a two vocalists, female and male.  I thought it was an interesting combination...but nope...all male.

Don't forget Agoraphobic Nosebleed:

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #8,331 of 29,702
I salute you for your choice! That one is gorgeous. I was thinking of getting a second copy of it since that's the one that probably has the most plays and is bound to wear out at some point in the future
beerchug.gif

I do have a digital rip of this record. Very nice indeed, still don't think its their best work though. But solid. I think they are going to have a new album either this year or next.

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #8,332 of 29,702
Quote:
I do have a digital rip of this record. Very nice indeed, still don't think its their best work though. But solid. I think they are going to have a new album either this year or next.

I have Two Hunters also, got it used (it had a repress last autumn or summer, not by SUNN but identical self-released) but it hasn't quite had the impact on me after first hearing Celestial Lineage. I hear the EP or Black Cascade are not quite up to par with the others?

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #8,333 of 29,702
Quote:
Hoping that this is more than just a few bands but how about this, Metal nerds...Metal bands you didn't realize were female fronted.

Arch Enemy was on that list for me for a bit, but I realized it through music rather a video eventually. Never think I'd realize it for Cerebral Bore though.

landmine marathon (deathcore)
i had no idea it was a girl for the longest time, i though they just sometimes had female melodic vocals in the studio or something.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #8,334 of 29,702
Quote:
One more. My friends band Guillotine. They are a bunch of Opeth fans and have a very Opethian. . In fact their sound is closer to Post Blackwater Park.

Interesting, I will take a look at it.

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #8,340 of 29,702

Users who are viewing this thread

Back