Jan 8, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #8,178 of 29,701
a metal band from japan.  they aren't cool or iron maiden-ish

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #8,179 of 29,701
What, did someone say Japanese???

Tokyo Yankees

Deathside

Sabbat

Jan 9, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #8,180 of 29,701
Sorry to bootstrap off another Metal-Archives thread, but I thought this band was totally awesome. Brutal Death Metal usually doesn't catch my attention, but this album is so ******* heavy yet upbeat and energetic at the same time. There's even melody and guitar solos! In BDM!  Reccomended for any death metal fan. From Russia, no less.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #8,181 of 29,701
Quote:
Sorry to bootstrap off another Metal-Archives thread, but I thought this band was totally awesome. Brutal Death Metal usually doesn't catch my attention, but this album is so ******* heavy yet upbeat and energetic at the same time. There's even melody and guitar solos! In BDM!  Reccomended for any death metal fan. From Russia, no less.

gs1000.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 5:37 AM Post #8,182 of 29,701
Quote:
a metal band from japan.  they aren't cool or iron maiden-ish

Japan is influenced by music from other countries like anywhere else. Plus you'd have to actually listen to them to say they aren't influenced by Maiden, which they are. And of course bands from Japan can be cool, try being a bit more open minded. And for fun, here's their cover of The Trooper. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTdU3FpxyHU

Even if something isn't your thing, it's better and well more metal not to **** on things for no reason. Celebrate what you have in common, with other metalheads for example, there's enough dividing already.

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #8,183 of 29,701
Japan is influenced by music from other countries like anywhere else. Plus you'd have to actually listen to them to say they aren't influenced by Maiden, which they are. And of course bands from Japan can be cool, try being a bit more open minded. And for fun, here's their cover of The Trooper. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTdU3FpxyHU

Even if something isn't your thing, it's better and well more metal not to **** on things for no reason. Celebrate what you have in common, with other metalheads for example, there's enough dividing already.

That post made a lot of assumptions, not cool friend, not cool

I'll never, ever bag on someone else's music choice. It was sarcasm, so take your own advice

That said, rock on \m/

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #8,184 of 29,701
Quote:
That post made a lot of assumptions, not cool friend, not cool
I'll never, ever bag on someone else's music choice. It was sarcasm, so take your own advice
That said, rock on \m/

If you're not bagging on people, why write words that do? Even taken as sarcasm it doesn't really make sense, if you actually think it's cool and say its not cool, I guess sure that's sarcasm. But where's the humor in saying they can't be Maiden-ish?

If you want to be a nice guy who doesn't bag on people, try to get that across. Telling me my rational response is not cool isn't really indicative of that.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #8,185 of 29,701
Quote:
If you're not bagging on people, why write words that do? Even taken as sarcasm it doesn't really make sense, if you actually think it's cool and say its not cool, I guess sure that's sarcasm. But where's the humor in saying they can't be Maiden-ish?

If you want to be a nice guy who doesn't bag on people, try to get that across. Telling me my rational response is not cool isn't really indicative of that.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #8,187 of 29,701
Quote:
True, but as much as I respect Gene Wilder, not sure what you're getting across here.

There is a developed and accepted rapport in this thread that includes sarcasm, nay saying, humor, and borderline elitism.  If your feelings are easily hurt, then this thread, and metal in general, might not be for you.

Jan 9, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #8,188 of 29,701
Quote:

There is a developed and accepted rapport in this thread that includes sarcasm, nay saying, humor, and borderline elitism.  If your feelings are easily hurt, then this thread, and metal in general, might not be for you.

Ay yi yi. I've been around the block a few times, I've posted on plenty of message boards, and I've been into metal for a long long time. This isn't about feelings, it's just about communicating on the internet. Metal isn't some excuse to be rude or something, ha and yes my bones are made of metal, and my heart pure steel. So get with it, or get out of the way.
wink.gif
Am I doing it right?

(That get with it or get out of the way thing was a reference to something hilariously awesome Todd McFarlane said on the Spawn music tape)

Metal isn't an excuse to be rude to eachother. Plus this has nothing to do with metal, just typical internet wackiness. Oddly enough, strangers at metal shows tend to be cool and kind, so not sure where you got those ideas. Also interesting that you listed humor on that list, ha I think everyone likes humor.

Jan 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #8,190 of 29,701

Users who are viewing this thread

Back