Lets Talk Metal
Jan 7, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #8,164 of 29,701
Quote:
Anime is not metal. Except for DMC. 

That's a pretty random declaration I'd say, anime can be as metal as anything else. For one thing, anime often has some of the more hard-rocking guitar flying intros and music compared to other mediums of entertainment. Nobody can say Onmyouza's opening theme for Basilisk isn't metal. Just sayin'.
cool.gif
Also, Legend of Black Heaven rocks very hard.

Ah yes, heavy metal! Metal for life. Listening to Cauldron right now.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #8,165 of 29,701
Quote:
That's a pretty random declaration I'd say, anime can be as metal as anything else. For one thing, anime often has some of the more hard-rocking guitar flying intros and music compared to other mediums of entertainment. Nobody can say Onmyouza's opening theme for Basilisk isn't metal. Just sayin'.
cool.gif
Also, Legend of Black Heaven rocks very hard.

Ah yes, heavy metal! Metal for life. Listening to Cauldron right now.

That reminds me, Final Fantasy X is the only video game I know of that has ever incorporated death metal into the game music. Not bad either.

Jan 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #8,167 of 29,701
Devil May Crys (DMC lol) have alot of industrial death stuffs. I think some shoot'em-ups and especially some fighting games have killer OSTs too.

Guilty Gear is probably my favorite.

Now I feel like such a nerd. And those weren't even death metal songs, *******ed.

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #8,168 of 29,701
Maybe I'll have to watch some anime... It's been a while since I've given the genre a try. Any particular recommendations?

I didn't read through all 500 some posts on this thread, but I have a recommendation for anyone who appreciates ultra-low guttural vocals, rapid fire double bass, and sweet guitar work. Which I hope is everyone reading this.

Check out Warder, a Russian startup. They have two albums out - a few songs are on YouTube. One of my favorites is linked below.

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #8,169 of 29,701
Quote:
Maybe I'll have to watch some anime... It's been a while since I've given the genre a try. Any particular recommendations?

I didn't read through all 500 some posts on this thread, but I have a recommendation for anyone who appreciates ultra-low guttural vocals, rapid fire double bass, and sweet guitar work. Which I hope is everyone reading this.

Check out Warder, a Russian startup. They have two albums out - a few songs are on YouTube. One of my favorites is linked below.

Sounds  Melo-Death to me. Bands you should try:

- Allegaeon
- Dark Tranquility
- Soilwork
- InFlames
- Vehemence
- Fleshgod Apocalypse
- Amon Amarth
- Sikth
- Veil of Maya
- Hour Of Penance
- Be'lakor
- Gorod
- In Mourning
- Brought By Pain
- Vale Of Pnath
- Alarum
- Monumental Torment
- Spawn Of Possession
- Psycroptic
- Anomalous
- Beyond Creation
- Ouroborous
- Insomnium
- Omnium Gathernum
- Revocation
- Sylosis

Jan 7, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #8,171 of 29,701
JoJos and TTGL gets my vote.

Quote:

Depends on what genres you're looking for, lotta cool stuff. I'd say Gurren Lagann, Death Note, Rainbow, Gakutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, One Piece, and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure are groovy ones.

Really liked this. The cover art is badass, too.

Quote:

Dark Tranquility is one of my favorite Metal bands ever and most of those are good recommendations in general. Going to have to try a few I haven't heard of there.

Quote:

Sounds  Melo-Death to me. Bands you should try:

- Allegaeon
- Dark Tranquility
- Soilwork
- InFlames
- Vehemence
- Fleshgod Apocalypse
- Amon Amarth
- Sikth
- Veil of Maya
- Hour Of Penance
- Be'lakor
- Gorod
- In Mourning
- Brought By Pain
- Vale Of Pnath
- Alarum
- Monumental Torment
- Spawn Of Possession
- Psycroptic
- Anomalous
- Beyond Creation
- Ouroborous
- Insomnium
- Omnium Gathernum
- Revocation
- Sylosis

Jan 8, 2013 at 12:49 AM Post #8,172 of 29,701
Oh, and if anyone is curious about Dir En Grey, or just a fan already...Check out this kick ass sale.

http://www.theomegaorder.com/Welcome?search=dir+en

$12 for the Double LP, $4 for CDs? Hell yes. 

I almost want to buy the new album on CD even though I bought the LPs. 

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:59 AM Post #8,173 of 29,701
Fear Factory put through Dimmu treatment.

To reiterate an earlier question, anyone hear metal through the Grado Magnums? I'm interested in a comparison to Mad Dogs, as I saw Negakinu post that the Mad Dogs were the best he had heard metal through besides the LCD's.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #8,174 of 29,701
Please refrain from talking about J-rock or Anime in this thread or I will ban you all so hard you'll wish you had a Super Saiyan haircut to dampen the blow of my mighty banhammer. If I could actually ban you, that is. In practice I'll just sigh and cut my wrists and worship Satan some more. 

Jan 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #8,175 of 29,701
Quote:
To reiterate an earlier question, anyone hear metal through the Grado Magnums? I'm interested in a comparison to Mad Dogs, as I saw Negakinu post that the Mad Dogs were the best he had heard metal through besides the LCD's.

I've had my eye on the Sennheiser Momentum, seems like it might be a good metal can. Dan has a trial on the Dogs, right? Try em. In general I hate all things Grado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back