Lets Talk Metal
Feb 29, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #5,612 of 29,701

Quote:
Okay, that's it....since I heard no comments and its now out AND its friggin awesome, please check out the new Christian Mistress (Bandcamp).
A highlight:

Yea, nothing that crazy original but perfect in execution. For fans of The Devil's Blood (ME!), go buy it....NOW....
biggrin.gif

I just heard about this band for the first time this morning.....and it did remind me of The Devil's Blood.....

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #5,613 of 29,701
Amogh Symphony is actually my favorite band from India. Their latest work reminds me of the Matrix in its narration and atmosphere. Great proggy tech metal. Crisp production I think would sound awesome on headphones.

Feb 29, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #5,615 of 29,701
Quote:
Okay, that's it....since I heard no comments and its now out AND its friggin awesome, please check out the new Christian Mistress (Bandcamp).
A highlight:

Yea, nothing that crazy original but perfect in execution. For fans of The Devil's Blood (ME!), go buy it....NOW....
biggrin.gif

Well, I did post about Christian Mistress a few posts back:

Quote:
2012 is off to good start so far for metal. Great new releases from Asphyx, Christian Mistress, Desecravity and Psycroptic!

Awesome band, their new album is just as good or even better than Agony & Opium. I must have had "Home in the Sun" on constant repeat for days. Christine Davis' smoky voice singing those lines, euphoric...

Dirt cheap, sorely downcast
Had a lot of living low
I know that we’re damned from the start

Feb 29, 2012 at 5:39 AM Post #5,619 of 29,701

I have heard the name of this band and even Vishal's but never listened to it... Love what I have heard so far through their bandcamp page.

Quote:

I just found this band and it seems pretty interesting...It has a guy called Vishal composing and playing all the instruments other than the drums. Proggy and just instrumental...

wrathzombie - what do you think about the band Motherjane also from Kerala? I thought they were pretty good, with the Carnatic + rock music amalgam.

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:08 AM Post #5,621 of 29,701

Feb 29, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #5,623 of 29,701
Because that's John ******* Zorn on the saxophone. Naked City is probably the closest you'll get to jazz played like grindcore... I actually find his work even more absurd than grindcore, LOL.

Feb 29, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #5,624 of 29,701
New Hour of Penance track from their upcoming album. Fleshgod Apocalypse's more pure death metal inclined sister band.

As brutal as usual.

Mar 1, 2012 at 2:14 AM Post #5,625 of 29,701
I did not know that was Zorn. Ya, it does work and helps add another angle to their music. I seem to like the groove also on this one better than the last two. This album has great energy, maybe a runner for album of the year top five.

Quote:
I was caught off-guard at first by those saxophone parts (in a Napalm Death album What), but surprisingly it works!

Quote:
Because that's John ******* Zorn on the saxophone. Naked City is probably the closest you'll get to jazz played like grindcore... I actually find his work even more absurd than grindcore, LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back