Lets Talk Metal
Mar 1, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #5,627 of 29,701

Its available streaming on CMDistro.de's site. I started listening to it. I am a picky grindcore taster. But I have to admit, Napalm Death really delivered.

AMG's Swallow The Sun review is EXACTLY what I would have wrote. I mean EXACTLY.

Mar 1, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #5,628 of 29,701
Ya...I'm very choosy in the Grind too, the bands I like are few but I love them a lot. I may only like three bands.

1) Aborted
2) Terrorizer
3) Napalm Death                                                                                      

Quote:
Its available streaming on CMDistro.de's site. I started listening to it. I am a picky grindcore taster. But I have to admit, Napalm Death really delivered.
AMG's Swallow The Sun review is EXACTLY what I would have wrote. I mean EXACTLY.

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #5,629 of 29,701

Quote:
Ya...I'm very choosy in the Grind too, the bands I like are few but I love them a lot. I may only like three bands.

1) Aborted
2) Terrorizer
3) Napalm Death                                                                                      

What about Cattle Decapitation ? Isn't it Grind.

And Agoraphobic Nosebleed?

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #5,630 of 29,701

1) Aborted
2) Terrorizer
3) Napalm Death                                                                                      

You did not mention Benighted? I mean really? Check out Asylum Cave immediately if you haven't already.

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #5,631 of 29,701

Ya. I do have a bunch of Nosebleed CDs, I guess they are Grind but I guess I never think of them that way. They are great and I would not like to leave them out. Never heard a Cattle Decapitation CD. I think Aborted is one of the greatest though. I can not stop listening to Global Flatline. I was thinking there really are not that many Grindcore bands,at least I don't know of that many. It seems less than other genres of metal.

Quote:

What about Cattle Decapitation ? Isn't it Grind.

And Agoraphobic Nosebleed?

Mar 2, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #5,633 of 29,701

Quote:
Ya. I do have a bunch of Nosebleed CDs, I guess they are Grind but I guess I never think of them that way. They are great and I would not like to leave them out. Never heard a Cattle Decapitation CD. I think Aborted is one of the greatest though. I can not stop listening to Global Flatline. I was thinking there really are not that many Grindcore bands,at least I don't know of that many. It seems less than other genres of metal.

I have three friends who only listen to Grindcore and one of them even plays bass in a local grind band. Whenever I speak to them I get an impression that true Grindcore lovers are like a cult who don't really like any other form of metal or music 
biggrin.gif

Personally, I have not been able to get into Grind that much.

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #5,634 of 29,701
Anyone heard of Crimfall? Sounds like a mix of folk, prog death, symphonic and power metal.

Mar 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #5,637 of 29,701
Oh yeah, I love Dominia; very fun melodic death metal. Both their albums are pretty good, though there isn't much depth to the music, they're very fun listens especially with the inclusion of violin. Both ending songs of their albums are pretty epic. Look up the one live performance of "Mountains of God's Depression", if you have time. 

Mar 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #5,638 of 29,701
Oh yeah, I love Dominia; very fun melodic death metal. Both their albums are pretty good, though there isn't much depth to the music, they're very fun listens especially with the inclusion of violin. Both ending songs of their albums are pretty epic. Look up the one live performance of "Mountains of God's Depression", if you have time. 

"Fun" is indeed the perfect word I would describe Dominia. I totally agree they are lacking some depth but still solid albums.

Anyone excited about the Hail Spirit Noir? I know I am.

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #5,640 of 29,701
Thanks for the tip on Dominia, nice to hear some decent melodeath. Very solid execution.

I am really digging "Divine Revolution" a lot. Its more like symphonic melodeath. They have an Orphaned Land feel to them. And unlike others, there use of symphonic elements, especially strings, are just unbelievably catchy:

Soup/Dave: Please give this a shot. They have a new album due this year and its now on my MUST listen list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back