Lets Talk Metal
Feb 26, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #5,581 of 29,701

Quote:
UK band right?

Yeah, they're going on tour with Periphery and Protest the Hero in America soon, can't remember the dates, cuz I live in NZ and that means no bands ever come visit :/

Quote:
Stupid question for all of you:
How do you store your physical CDs?
My prettier half likes to take the CD and insert and put it in one of those CaseLogic storage bags:

But for digipaks, this doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Bookshelf, stacked 2 high so I can't remove them sensibly, which is a pain, I need a proper sized cd shelf.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #5,582 of 29,701
I always thought that Burzum was the band that created the sound for atmospheric and depressive black metal bands with Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and Filosofem albums, but I was badly wrong. Burzum may have been more influental but its Strid, a band whos existence I only found out couple of weeks ago, did this stuff first with this demo from 1993. Cant stop loving the part where the song picks up the speed at 4:43.
cool.gif

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #5,583 of 29,701

Quote:
I always thought that Burzum was the band that created the sound for atmospheric and depressive black metal bands with Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and Filosofem albums, but I was badly wrong. Burzum may have been more influental but its Strid, a band whos existence I only found out couple of weeks ago, did this stuff first with this demo from 1993. Cant stop loving the part where the song picks up the speed at 4:43.
cool.gif

There's been word of a reunion so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Inverted. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #5,584 of 29,701

Quote:

Actually they have reunited already. Or atleast they are doing liveshows like Morbid Saint is. Original vocalist is sadly dead though and the new one is quite different, more like growler.

Hopefully they come up with new material and do not just stay as live band.

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #5,585 of 29,701

Quote:
Bann, wow. Just beautiful. Do you know if they have disbanded or are still active? It seems Grief Foundation, their main distributor, is now defunk.
@Negakinu, you need to definitely check out Bann if you are not already familiar with them.

SO BORING! That violin is the only thing that stands out. Need to go listen to Kvelertak now to wake me up again. 

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #5,586 of 29,701

Quote:

Actually they have reunited already. Like Morbid Saint they have been doing liveshows atleast. Original vocalist is sadly dead though and the new one is quite different, more like growling.

Hopefully they come up with new material and do not just stay as live band.

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN WHAT I DID NOT KNOW THIS AWESOME

Feb 26, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #5,587 of 29,701

Quote:

That sounds extremely painful. It probably isn't, but still.

EDIT: Wait... they're already inverted when you cross them. YOU TRICKED ME!

EDIT2: HAIL SATAN

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #5,590 of 29,701

Quote:
You BMEs may enjoy this.

Click Here To Watch The Video

What the hell? Who is this guy? I mean, I honest to god do not even care about those bands this guy "criticizes" but I still got an urge to punch him hard during the vid. Yes, its obvious this is supposed to be comedy and funny and not to be taken seriously but... I still want to punch him cuz he simply makes absolutely no sense and also manages pisses me off at the same time. What an odd feeling...
blink.gif

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #5,591 of 29,701
Holy ****! The guest vocalist from Thy Catafalque's latest album (the clean singer) has released his new album, in the vein of Epic Folk Black Metal, something like Moonsorrow. Very grand, melodic, dense stuff. Check it out! 

@Trogdor Sorry I missed your question! But, your guess is as good as mine. Damn obscure black metallers. :p

@Maza: Watching the video now... but looking at the list, I can already tell it's not gonna be good because it's CHOCK FULL of bands that are made fun of because of their... "unblack" metal tendencies (besides Valdur and Mgla). This should be something.

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #5,592 of 29,701

You BMEs may enjoy this.

Click Here To Watch The Video

Meh, honestly I think it would be funnier if he made more BME-like comments actually pertaining to the sound. For the most part he seemed to be just making the generic BME comments. (which might be the point, I suppose)

Feb 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #5,593 of 29,701

Quote:
Holy ****! The guest vocalist from Thy Catafalque's latest album (the clean singer) has released his new album, in the vein of Epic Folk Black Metal, something like Moonsorrow. Very grand, melodic, dense stuff. Check it out! 

I'm really liking this. I have to check out that album sometimee.

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #5,594 of 29,701

Quote:
What the hell? Who is this guy? I mean, I honest to god do not even care about those bands this guy "criticizes" but I still got an urge to punch him hard during the vid. Yes, its obvious this is supposed to be comedy and funny and not to be taken seriously but... I still want to punch him cuz he simply makes absolutely no sense and also manages pisses me off at the same time. What an odd feeling...
blink.gif

Yep. I mostly enjoyed the trollishness and general lack of understanding of irony.

Feb 27, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #5,595 of 29,701

Quote:

blink.gif

I found the video really boring. He doesn't have any skills as a comedian or reviewer... It was sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back