Lets Talk Metal
Feb 24, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #5,566 of 29,701

Quote:

Christina Ricci sample or not, this track is amazing. This whole album is amazing. Pinnacle of their career. 

Shining is one of the few bands where I will put aside the controversial personality of the frontman (though admittedly, their music wouldn't be the same without Niklas', at all.) JUST because their music is so brilliant. They're so... damn...... catchy! And these guys know how to produce a menacing, rockin' sound.

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM Post #5,567 of 29,701

Quote:
Shining is one of the few bands where I will put aside the controversial personality of the frontman (though admittedly, their music wouldn't be the same without Niklas', at all.) JUST because their music is so brilliant. 

My thoughts exactely. I don't care for the whole eviller-than-thou-cut-myself-so-deep-have-to-cancel-gig-give-cocaine-to-14-year-olds mentality but I'll look the other way as long as they keep rocking out tunes like this. Watain on the other hand I can't stand because of their attitude. Plus they stabbed one of my friends in Otargos. 

Feb 24, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #5,568 of 29,701
My thoughts exactely. I don't care for the whole eviller-than-thou-cut-myself-so-deep-have-to-cancel-gig-give-cocaine-to-14-year-olds mentality but I'll look the other way as long as they keep rocking out tunes like this. Watain on the other hand I can't stand because of their attitude. Plus they stabbed one of my friends in Otargos. 

WHAT?! Really?

Shining is awesome (discovered them a few months ago so I'm still a n00b).

Feb 25, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #5,570 of 29,701
Quite a good song, Trogdor! I think instrumental tech death has horrifying potential as a genre.

Ahh, today I rediscovered a neoclassical black metal gem. I know, the first several measures sounds like your typical black metal, but... wait for the song to kick in. Profound sadness.

And a recent discovery I made that I'd like to share: Russian Symphonic Death Metal, Grey Heaven Falls. Excellent melodies. Russia produces some great bands... but they never seem to get that popular! This particular song is one of the slower ones.

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #5,571 of 29,701
Quite a good song, Trogdor! I think instrumental tech death has horrifying potential as a genre.

Ahh, today I rediscovered a neoclassical black metal gem. I know, the first several measures sounds like your typical black metal, but... wait for the song to kick in. Profound sadness.

And a recent discovery I made that I'd like to share: Russian Symphonic Death Metal, Grey Heaven Falls. Excellent melodies. Russia produces some great bands... but they never seem to get that popular! This particular song is one of the slower ones.

Bann, wow. Just beautiful. Do you know if they have disbanded or are still active? It seems Grief Foundation, their main distributor, is now defunk.

@Negakinu, you need to definitely check out Bann if you are not already familiar with them.

@All: I PM'ed MaZa.

Feb 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #5,572 of 29,701

Quote:
Bann, wow. Just beautiful. Do you know if they have disbanded or are still active? It sees Grief Foundation, their main distributor, is now defunked.
@Negakinu, you need to definitely check out Bann if you are not already familiar with them.

Will do! Btw, let's all PM MaZa and make him think we're a bunch of creepy internet stalkers. I said "make him think", see what I did there? 

Feb 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #5,573 of 29,701
I'm sorry that I havent been around. But I'm back again.
biggrin.gif

Anything interesting I have missed? Other than Carach Angren binge drinking in studio with meat cleaver in one hand.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #5,575 of 29,701
Wait wait wait. Negainku, you're in Carach Angren!? That's ******* AWESOME, man! :D And that new video had me over the edge, haha. 

And Maza! Glad to meet you,  I want to let you that upon joining this site, your avatar magnetized me... "OOOH, A METALHEAD! LUNAR AURORAAAA" I screamed in my head, as I dashed over to stalk your profile to see what kind of headphones/posts about metalhead headphones you had. 
k701smile.gif

Feb 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #5,576 of 29,701

Quote:
Hey. We have alcohol problems man. It's serious business. We are in therapy at the moment. :wink:

I know. Though I'm still amazed that nobody lost a finger.
biggrin.gif

Quote:
And Maza! Glad to meet you,  I want to let you that upon joining this site, your avatar magnetized me... "OOOH, A METALHEAD! LUNAR AURORAAAA" I screamed in my head, as I dashed over to stalk your profile to see what kind of headphones/posts about metalhead headphones you had. 
k701smile.gif

Nice to meet you! :)

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM Post #5,577 of 29,701
Wait wait wait. Negainku, you're in Carach Angren!? That's ******* AWESOME, man! :D And that new video had me over the edge, haha. 

And Maza! Glad to meet you,  I want to let you that upon joining this site, your avatar magnetized me... "OOOH, A METALHEAD! LUNAR AURORAAAA" I screamed in my head, as I dashed over to stalk your profile to see what kind of headphones/posts about metalhead headphones you had. :k701smile:

Some claim to be a BME....Negakinu lives it. He is our resident celebrity. I have already called shotgun on tickets if they do some kind of US tour.

Feb 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #5,578 of 29,701
BME? Best Member Ever? :O

My favorite moment from Lammendam:

"...Andpushedhisfaceintothespinningcarriagewheels--HIS. SKULL. CRACKED. OHPUUN.... AND THEYARE WERRR NO MOAR SKREEEEMS!"

The best.

And this has to be one of the best vocal covers I've ever seen. Very fitting. ARRR!

Feb 25, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #5,579 of 29,701
black metal elitist

Quote:
BME? Best Member Ever? :O

My favorite moment from Lammendam:

"...Andpushedhisfaceintothespinningcarriagewheels--HIS. SKULL. CRACKED. OHPUUN.... AND THEYARE WERRR NO MOAR SKREEEEMS!"

The best.

And this has to be one of the best vocal covers I've ever seen. Very fitting. ARRR!

Feb 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #5,580 of 29,701
You all talking about Carach Angren made me go back and listen to Death Came Through A Phantom Ship.  And the Consequence Macabre is excellent! I like more its just the lyrics of that song makes for a great story 
devil_face.gif
 Well back to lurking (or stalking?) this thread. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back