Lets Talk Metal
Sep 14, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #4,216 of 29,701

Quote:
Can someone please help me try to attempt to listen to Leprous after going to this page:

The we are a bunch of tools promo album!

step 1. pretend you never saw those photos.

step 2. play Bilateral and bask in its complete awesomeness

that wasnt too hard 
cool.gif

Sep 15, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #4,217 of 29,701
Alright so what is on your current top five play list right now?

Btw, I just saw that The Ocean is going to be touring with HevyDevy....darn that is going to be a good show...

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #4,218 of 29,701

Quote:

Top 5? Cant really say, I listen so many different albums weekly. :/ Currently I have some Solstice playing in background. Not the doom metal one, but the criminally underrated oldschool Thrash/Death Metal band, bit Malevolent Creationish.

Sep 15, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #4,219 of 29,701
Profane Omen, an up-and-coming Finnish groove-metal band just posted a song from their new album, due to come out on 28th. Pre-ordering just opened today. Go check it out from their website, http://profaneomen.net/html/site.php

Definitely worth a look if can enjoy metal that's just pure anger through and through.

Speaking of anger, a new album also coming from HateSphere on 21st. Called the great bludgeoning, teaser on youtube

This year's been pretty damn awesome for me as far as metal/rock goes. These two albums are looking to be the crowning jewels, can hardly wait for the pre-order packages to arrive.

[Edit:]
Quote:

"Wastehead" would be the absolute first, whether we're talking all genres or just metal. Been listening to it for the whole day on repeat pretty much. Kicks me in the testies every single time, and I'm loving it.

Other than that (but from metal only), probably "Fahrtwind" by Equilibrium, "Without the Dreamer" by Lullacry, "Was it Worth it" by CoB & "In Our Holy Grail" by Kill the Romance (who I'm seeing live tomorrow, and who also released an album earlier this year; and it's GREAT).

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #4,220 of 29,701
my top five playlist Trogdor since no one else seems to be cooperating lol would be something like

Ritual - The Black Dahlia Murder
Bilateral - Leprous

actually thats pretty much all ive been listening to the last several weeks lol so i guess i cant really help :p

Sep 15, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #4,221 of 29,701

Solstice fan, eh? Nice. I have the S/T and To Dust, but still need Pray.
Quote:
Top 5? Cant really say, I listen so many different albums weekly. :/ Currently I have some Solstice playing in background. Not the doom metal one, but the criminally underrated oldschool Thrash/Death Metal band, bit Malevolent Creationish.

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #4,222 of 29,701
my top five playlist Trogdor since no one else seems to be cooperating lol would be something like

Ritual - The Black Dahlia Murder
Bilateral - Leprous

actually thats pretty much all ive been listening to the last several weeks lol so i guess i cant really help :p

Soup, I am shocked! Shocked. You of all people should have at least 10 groups rotating at all times. You and Dave.

Right now I can't ditch my BME kick:

• Drudkh (I love every one of these albums)
  • Death Re-issues (I rediscovered how awesome Death really was/is?)
  • Negative Plane (they are insanely good)
  • Dekadent Trials (absolutely gorgeous symphonic black metal)
  • Agrypnie's 16[485] (I think I got that right, DOES ANYONE KNOW LIKE THIS BAND?)

I still need to listen to Leprous and next week is the new Machine Head - can they really repeat what they with The Blackening? Seriously doubt it.

Plus I am seeing Opeth twice with Katatonia. Its good to be a metal fan.

I also need to pick up the new Wolves In The Throne Room ASAP.

And every early report says that Insomnium's "One for Sorrow" is their best album to date! :eek:

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #4,223 of 29,701

MaZa, I notice you like a lot of old school thrash. Have you listened to Revocation's Chaos of Forms and Sylosis Edge of The Earth?

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #4,224 of 29,701
Okay, my nightly contribution to newly discovered metal awesomeness:

Then I find they have a new album and its pretty groovy:

Anyone like these guys? Both are on Spotify. Investigating.

Sep 15, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #4,225 of 29,701

Quote:
Soup, I am shocked! Shocked. You of all people should have at least 10 groups rotating at all times. You and Dave.

haha i guess...but alas Ritual is too good not to listen to all the time :p

but i guess you could include; Arcalogies by Dan Dankmeyer, Metazoa by Cormorant( they just announced a date for their new album Dwellings! the 6th of December, i cant freaking wait!), Fragments of Form and Function by Allegaeon, Communion by Septic Flesh, Passion by Anaal Nathrahk, and Digital Veil by The Human Abstract

you happier now 
cool.gif

Sep 16, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #4,226 of 29,701

Quote:

Right now I can't ditch my BME kick:

And every early report says that Insomnium's "One for Sorrow" is their best album to date!
eek.gif

I am usually am listening to 3 or 4 different albums at any given time. Right now it's Ghost Brigade, Opeth, and the remaster of Dark Tranquility's Damage Done. By the way, not to sound like some kind of non-internet metal nerd, but what does BME stand for?

REALLY looking forward to the new Insomnium. The clean vocals are the biggest issue I had with their last effort, and they seem much improved this time.

Sep 16, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #4,227 of 29,701
Top5 of the last month:

devin townsend - deconstruction
devin townsend - ghost
manes - how the world came to an end
katatonia - night is the new day
katatonia - unfurl (this one track from the mini)

Sep 16, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #4,228 of 29,701

Quote:
Top5 of the last month:

devin townsend - deconstruction
devin townsend - ghost
manes - how the world came to an end
katatonia - night is the new day
katatonia - unfurl (this one track from the mini)

WHHAT!  nobody told me either of these bands released new albums!
I really need a better way to keep tabs on what's happening in metal.

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #4,229 of 29,701

I am usually am listening to 3 or 4 different albums at any given time. Right now it's Ghost Brigade, Opeth, and the remaster of Dark Tranquility's Damage Done. By the way, not to sound like some kind of non-internet metal nerd, but what does BME stand for?

REALLY looking forward to the new Insomnium. The clean vocals are the biggest issue I had with their last effort, and they seem much improved this time.

LOL. Black Metal Elitist.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Black+Metal+Elitist

As you know the core value system of a BME is:

"[BME] Do you likes it? [metal fan and pray to the BME responds] Ja. [BME] Then I hates it."

Actually Negakinu gave me Drudkh and I am forever in his debt. I have actually found out that I really love atmospheric and symphonic black metal. If you don't know who Negative Plan is, You Tube them and listen. Really awesome stuff. And what's funny (here I may make Negakinu cringe), they remind me of a darker less gothic old-school Type O Negative (think S,D and H).

Dave I have to ask, has Heritage grown on you or are you still...meh about it?

I am going to say in fanboy fashion, I really love Heritage. Its not death metal but its beautiful and undeniably Opeth. Not my all time favorite (BWP) but I think it might rank up there in my top three. I still have to digest it since it hasn't even officially come out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back