Lets Talk Metal
Sep 11, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #4,186 of 29,701
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM8n_HZhb3g[/VIDEO]

I don't remember any posts about Sylosis.

@DaveBSC/Soup's: Have you guys heard the new Sylosis album? I owe Dave for Revocation's Chaos of Forms which is just bad a55. But I am really digging Sylosis. I think it is as good as Revocation's Chaos of Forms. Still evaluating. Album is on the Tubes and Spotify.

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #4,187 of 29,701

Quote:
Looking at the artwork and bandname I was expecting brutal beatdown hardcore. This flaccid Children of Bodom/Arch Enemy elevatormusic came as quite a surprise. I can't take more than one of those neo-classical, wiggly-wiggly guitar solos a month. I know I'm a hopeless BME but c'mon... 

Oh, and check out the lyrics:

"You bitch!
Bullet in your head, I'm sending you, Bullet in your head
I'm pulling my gun's trigger and all you can hear is shoot
Bullet in your head, you ************, Bullet in your head
Barrel's hole, flash, you are dead!"

Oh man. 
rolleyes.gif
 Modern metal is dead. With some bullets in it's head! 

Made of Hate are the Polish guys from the band Archeon. I agree that the name and the cover makes you think its a Jamey Jasta tribute band. Actually it's the metal equivalent of bubblegum, and it gets tiring pretty quickly. For their follow up Pathogen, they swapped vocal duties to their other guitarist, and the result is generally better, and not such a transparent Alexi/COB rip off. Pathogen is by NO MEANS even on the same planet as quality metal like Barren Earth, but its fun in the way COB's RRF is not.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #4,188 of 29,701
Sorry to interrupt this conversation but Jamey Jasta has released a solo album. 
biggrin.gif

Jasta - Mourn The Illiusion (Video For Reference)

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #4,189 of 29,701

Quote:

@DaveBSC/Soup's: Have you guys heard the new Sylosis album? I owe Dave for Revocation's Chaos of Forms which is just bad a55. But I am really digging Sylosis. I think it is as good as Revocation's Chaos of Forms. Still evaluating. Album is on the Tubes and Spotify.

Not bad. Josh Middleton sucks big time as a vocalist though. That's really the only issue I have. I'm not sure why their old vocalist left, but he did a MUCH better job.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #4,190 of 29,701
Agreed Dave.

But what's interesting is I find their latest album musically, to be their best effort to date. The album is just stellar. I mean stellar.

Check the below tracks out (its a two parter).

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aekTWfVQwnw[/VIDEO]

:L3000:

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #4,192 of 29,701

Quote:

**** thats pretty good, ill have to check them out some more.

did you ever get around to checking out the Leprous new cd Bilateral?

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #4,193 of 29,701
**** thats pretty good, ill have to check them out some more.

did you ever get around to checking out the Leprous new cd Bilateral?

Not yet, it IS on my que though given the AMG review. Though, I have to admit, the guys voice from Leprous really turns me off at quick listen.

I am telling you Soup, I am telling you, listen to Sylosis's latest album. It IS awesome.

Sep 11, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #4,195 of 29,701

Quote:
WARNING: Total Insomnium fanboy alert:

Anyone pre-order Insomnium's "One for Sorrow?" I went crazy to support the band I bought the "Casket of Sorrow" hoping they will come to the US soon. And holy smoke no one has posted this::

"Just read an article (in Finnish) about the pre-listening session. "Through The Shadows" includes clean vocals by Ville Friman, while "Lay The Ghost To Rest" spans beyond the 7 minute mark. "Song Of The Blackest Bird" is also described as epic."

Totally new feel near the chorus. Comments? Reactions?

@Negakinu:

Tomorrow, Wolves in the Throne Room, Krallice, and Thou are playing in the city and I am debating on driving to the show. I never had this issue before but *parking* is my biggest concern - talk about not darks and brutals. I really want to see Wolves and Krallice. They have been on my playlist for the last couple of weeks. Loving them. I also have in my que, Woe, Agrypnie, October Falls, and Woods of Desolation. I got to admit, I am really loving atmospheric black metal. Totally new to me.

Also, how do you like Negative Plane? For all their sillyness, the guys are tremendously talented.

I want to order the Casket of Sorrow, but I have to wait for the funds to drop on something like that. I might just get the regular version. I don't right now. Hahaha

Sep 12, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #4,196 of 29,701
Have any of you guys heard of die apokalyptischen reiter? They are very good in my opinion.

I also have been enjoying Waylander

Also Wolfchant is epic

As you can tell I really like Pagan/Folk metal.

Sep 12, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #4,197 of 29,701

Quote:
Have any of you guys heard of die apokalyptischen reiter? They are very good in my opinion.

DAR have been around since I was a kid. First time I saw them live was about 13 years ago on the Eurorock festival in Belgium. They are a bunch of crazy dudes that are just trying to have a good time. Too bad they never got the succes they deserve. I think their music is too eclectic for the masses. Still, great musicians and I hope they stick around for another 13 years. :)

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #4,198 of 29,701
DAR have been around since I was a kid. First time I saw them live was about 13 years ago on the Eurorock festival in Belgium. They are a bunch of crazy dudes that are just trying to have a good time. Too bad they never got the succes they deserve. I think their music is too eclectic for the masses. Still, great musicians and I hope they stick around for another 13 years. :)

Yay or nay on "Negative Plane?"

Yay or nay on "Krallice?"

Yay or nay on "Wolves In The Throne Room?"

Sep 12, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #4,200 of 29,701

Quote:
Yay or nay on "Negative Plane?"

Yay or nay on "Krallice?"

Yay or nay on "Wolves In The Throne Room?"

Yay actually, I'm digging it. Thanks for the reminder! 

Yay on "Wretched Wisdom". I did a post on them a couple o' pages back. Mixed feelings. 

Yay, especially on "Ahrimanic Trance". One of my fav black metal songs of late. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back