Lets Talk Metal
Aug 1, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #3,811 of 29,701

Quote:
You've been searching years for a Power Metal band?
Or one with a WW II theme?

WW2 themes. I am a history nut so I love it.

Aug 1, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #3,812 of 29,701

Quote:
And just to keep this thread going correctly:

GWAR rocks. I have seen them 3-4 times and they always put on a great show.

GWAR is a lot of fun. 
I think a lot of people overlook them or don't give them a chance. They have some really great albums.
And they are great live besides the fun of ripping up things and squirting the venue with blood the guys in the band are actually really good at playing.

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #3,813 of 29,701

Quote:
WW2 themes. I am a history nut so I love it.

Hail of Bullets - Of frost and war had a well thought out ww2 theme, its a killer album too..

Bolt thrower and Panzerchrist among many other dm bands Love tanks and heavy artillery too...

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:37 AM Post #3,815 of 29,701
Here's something different than the typical melodeth I post:

Hope you guys enjoy!

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #3,816 of 29,701

Quote:
Thoughts?

It's a little heavier and less melodic than the stuff I normally listen too, but I actually kind of like it! Angry Metal Guy gave it a 4/5, and I pretty much always end up agreeing with his assessments, so I might have to pick up that album.

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #3,819 of 29,701

Quote:
Guys I think I have a new favorite band. It still doesn't beat Wintersun but it takes number 2.

I seriously can't get enough of this band and how awesome it is.

Go World War 2 metal.
Hail Sabaton.

those guys are pretty awesome!

And i know Dave brought up November's Doom a long time ago, but their new cd is pretty amazing!

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:29 PM Post #3,820 of 29,701

Quote:
And i know Dave brought up November's Doom a long time ago, but their new cd is pretty amazing!

I also really like the new album! And good pick, Harvest Scythe is a great track.

Aug 1, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #3,822 of 29,701

Quote:
Eh, I really need to buy some more CD racks. Or buy less CDs.

So much want. I have several of those, The Carnage and Unleashed especially kick ass

Aug 1, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #3,823 of 29,701

Quote:
Hail of Bullets - Of frost and war had a well thought out ww2 theme, its a killer album too..

Bolt thrower and Panzerchrist among many other dm bands Love tanks and heavy artillery too...

Ok that was pretty sweet.

Aug 2, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #3,824 of 29,701

Quote:

So much want. I have several of those, The Carnage and Unleashed especially kick ass

Most spins have been given to Dead Congregation, Watain, Filii Nigrantium Infernalium, Sanctuary, Pestilence, Sun of the Blind, Nile, Solstice, Adorior, Lunar Aurora, Secrets of the Moon, Wolves in the Throne Room, Ruins of Beverast, Drudkh, Primordial, Bathory, Destroyer 666, Evoken, Flotsam & Jetsam and Carpathian Forest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back