Lets Talk Metal
Jul 31, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #3,796 of 29,701
It makes me feel dizzy.

I've listened to terrible screaming before and the Amon Amarth doesn't really scream.
I guess it's just the tune. Their youtube videos have bad recordings.. so maybe they sound
better off a CD.

Listening to mastodon now.

Quote:

Why does it make your head hurt? Amon Amarth pretty much consists of those things you describe: catchy melodies, nothing too technical but emotionally catching. :/

Tattered Banners And Bloody Flags (if melodic buildup starting from 1:52 isnt catchy then I dont know what is), Hermods Ride To Hel and Dragons Flight Across The Waves are good songs to start with from that band.

Jul 31, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #3,797 of 29,701

Quote:
It makes me feel dizzy.

I've listened to terrible screaming before and the Amon Amarth doesn't really scream.
I guess it's just the tune. Their youtube videos have bad recordings.. so maybe they sound
better off a CD.

Listening to mastodon now.

You just might not be in love with dethmetal... YET.

It takes some time. Amon Amarth is pretty heavy, maybe get into other bands like In Flames or something if you haven't quite yet

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:06 AM Post #3,798 of 29,701
You just might not be in love with dethmetal... YET.

It takes some time. Amon Amarth is pretty heavy, maybe get into other bands like In Flames or something if you haven't quite yet

Amon Amarth is pretty heavy? Really?

Ok we need to get this thread back on track! :)

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/MXPF3CJbNKc[/VIDEO]

Guys, I agree that the vocals aren't top notch but they aren't a deal breaker. Enthrope's new album is fantastic. I mean its really good stuff. Check it out on the Tubes.

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #3,799 of 29,701

Quote:
Amon Amarth is pretty heavy? Really?

Ok we need to get this thread back on track! :)

Guys, I agree that the vocals aren't top notch but they aren't a deal breaker. Enthrope's new album is fantastic. I mean its really good stuff. Check it out on the Tubes.

We'll they're heavy as in like the tone of their music tends to be tuned lower and combined with their vocals you get that really heavy feeling music... I'm not that good at describing music.. just the way headphones sound lol.

Good find with Enthrope! Now to stock my Zune with them for school commutes haha

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #3,800 of 29,701
And just to keep this thread going correctly:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/ttJaxaGb4yk[/VIDEO]

GWAR rocks. I have seen them 3-4 times and they always put on a great show.

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #3,803 of 29,701
A lot of really good stuff in that pile, I spot Destroyer 666, Emperor, Celtic Frost, Sigh, Darkthrone, and Bathory. If space is a problem I would happily "store" them for you 
tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #3,804 of 29,701

Quote:
A lot of really good stuff in that pile, I spot Destroyer 666, Emperor, Celtic Frost, Sigh, Darkthrone, and Bathory. If space is a problem I would happily "store" them for you 
tongue.gif

Haha agreed! I'd take a few off your hands
wink_face.gif
hehehe

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #3,805 of 29,701

Quote:
Eh, I really need to buy some more CD racks. Or buy less CDs.

frown.gif
I can't afford that many CD's.

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #3,807 of 29,701
Guys I think I have a new favorite band. It still doesn't beat Wintersun but it takes number 2.

I seriously can't get enough of this band and how awesome it is.

Go World War 2 metal.
Hail Sabaton.

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #3,808 of 29,701

Quote:
Guys I think I have a new favorite band. It still doesn't beat Wintersun but it takes number 2.

I seriously can't get enough of this band and how awesome it is.

Go World War 2 metal.
Hail Sabaton.

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #3,809 of 29,701
any of you guys listen to four year strong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back