Lets Talk Metal
Jul 21, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #3,631 of 29,701
Jul 21, 2011 at 9:18 AM Post #3,632 of 29,701

Quote:
Yes, I do.

Master quality, I guess. Because, as stupid as it may seem, I'm not trolling.

Sorry. I didn't know it would cause this much hostility. It didn't seem like a really crazy, stupid thing to say. I realize that it is metal, but still... I'm being serious here. Maybe it's just me, but Fleshgod Apocalypse is harder on my ears then most metal I listen to. For me, it's more fatiguing. Maybe I'm crazy.
redface.gif

Default? I just really like that album, which is why it's my avatar picture. It's not some standard I hold all albums to or anything.

I didn't know having Fleshgod Apocalypse too fatiguing for my ears made me a retard.
confused.gif

Its the mastering. The Violation song is compressed to hell and back. Atleast it is not clipping, but it is still flat wall of sound, and not in the good way.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #3,634 of 29,701

Quote:

Elfen Lied. First 10 minutes of that serie is the most metal thing I have seen in any anime serie.
cool.gif

Elfen Lied is fking brutal. I love that show. Do you guys know DMC/ Detroit Metal City? That's my favourite anime ever. It's chock full of death metal rape lyrics and corpse paint with an awesome indie boyband twist. It's like the anime Metalocalypse. Check this:

And I just found it they did a live action too!!

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #3,635 of 29,701

Quote:
Elfen Lied is fking brutal. I love that show. Do you guys know DMC/ Detroit Metal City? That's my favourite anime ever. It's chock full of death metal rape lyrics and corpse paint with an awesome indie boyband twist. It's like the anime Metalocalypse. Check this:

And I just found it they did a live action too!!

I noticed only at the last few seconds what the karaoke dot was. LOL! I will check the serie out, looks like fun! Though the presence of that S/M guy on stage creeps me out.

And yes, Elfen Lied is brutals. My second favourite anime serie ever, first being Rurouni Kenshins prequel movie (despise the serie, love the prequel OVA!). What prevents it from being first is its length (too short that is.) and I absolutely hate cliffhanger endings like that. They drive me mad!

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #3,639 of 29,701
I have. I've listened to all of the remastered/remixed albums except for Rust In Peace. 

As far as Peace Sells and So Far, they mainly seem to be more..."sterile" I guess. Less reverb, less treble/more bass, etc. I guess they're cleaned up some. And they're more compressed, of course. I think the originals sound more lively.

Jul 21, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #3,640 of 29,701
I have. I've listened to all of the remastered/remixed albums except for Rust In Peace. 

As far as Peace Sells and So Far, they mainly seem to be more..."sterile" I guess. Less reverb, less treble/more bass, etc. I guess they're cleaned up some. And they're more compressed, of course. I think the originals sound more lively.

No sorry, the latest one that came up last week.

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #3,643 of 29,701
I purchased the 09 vinyl of Peace Sells which I think is the remaster. The problem with the Megadeth remasters is Dave re recorded some parts and actually changed the lyrics in some songs to say different meanings. IMO, but when I buy a remaster I want it to sound like the original and a little clearer, why would Dave go back and change an original recording? When you listen to it the song changes and you think to yourself, " I don't remember that?" It buggs you. I only have the original CDs of Megadeth and Peace Sells on vinyl. Dave took the freedom to change the music and the lyrics!

Ozzy did the same thing in a way by rerecording the drums and bass on some of his past material. So if you were used to the original early 1980 vinyl then you get the remasted CD and it is just not the same. It almost makes the music a modern day remix and not even the title they place on the cover! 

Quote:
On that note, has anybody picked/heard the remastered Peace Sells?

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #3,644 of 29,701

Quote:
The problem with the Megadeth remasters is Dave re recorded some parts and actually changed the lyrics in some songs to say different meanings. IMO, but when I buy a remaster I want it to sound like the original and a little clearer, why would Dave go back and change an original recording? When you listen to it the song changes and you think to yourself, " I don't remember that?" It buggs you.

Yeah just like watching the the Star Wars trilogy (IV, V, VI) on original VHS and then watching new versions on TV. The biggest mindf**k was at the end of VI when they show Anakin as a spirit. What

Jul 22, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #3,645 of 29,701

Yeah, at one time my favorite Star Wars was the 12 inch lazer disk without the digital after effects. I guess Lucas was into remaking a different type of movie but he did not realize that many of us liked it just the way it was when it came out. Could you imagine if you bought an old book and without any warning they just rewrote a couple chapters?

Lucky they can't take the old Black Metal releases and get any more anti compression and ruin the mood! They will always be what they are.

Yeah just like watching the the Star Wars trilogy (IV, V, VI) on original VHS and then watching new versions on TV. The biggest mindf**k was at the end of VI when they show Anakin as a spirit. What

Users who are viewing this thread

Back