Lets Talk Metal
Mar 15, 2009 at 12:51 PM Post #346 of 29,702
That is a most fascinating painting/album cover. Interesting how the demonic creature has 3 forked tongues and no eyes. Which indicates at least to me that he speaks a lot of lies but can't really "see". *edit* Unless those are eyes on the sides of it's head. Then of course that to me would indicate limited, one-sided, no depth-perception "vision". Just rambling...heehee

Yes Meliboeus, I do see the resemblance to the painting on the Celtic Frost Into Mega Therion album cover.

Mar 16, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #347 of 29,702
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, Grindcore is basically extreme punk played on x200 speed, so what do you expect from the band names?
smily_headphones1.gif

Another good grindcore band is Circle Of Dead Children

Lol alright, that one matches.

But I'm adding Circle Of Dead Children to the list.
tongue.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #348 of 29,702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brighten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lol alright, that one matches.

But I'm adding Circle Of Dead Children to the list.
tongue.gif

Should probably also add:

Poostew
Suffocate person
Jigsore Terror
and 7000 Dying Rats (at least their Season in Hell album)

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #350 of 29,702
Got today, 36 minutes of pure progressive awesomeness...i am even starting to like the vocoder vocals...the supersized artwork of a gatefold vinyl sleeve is really worth it with good covers like that...

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #352 of 29,702
The pressing and production quality is very good IMO, it's quite short so there isn't a great deal of inner groove distortion in the last tracks,which is a common issue with new releases, even if on 180gram like this one...but it also depends on the turntable of course. I have made a 24/96 digital rip and it sounds perfect...listening right now with the dt-990s, even if i have to admit that the grados are the real deal for this record...

The outer sleeve is well made, unlike the inner one ( with lyrics ), which is too thin to hold an heavyweight record properly and it arrived already torn at the edges in spite of it being new and sealed.

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #354 of 29,702
An adc of some sort which can be either interfaced with a computer or record directly on some medium....for example many use a standalone cd recorder to backup lps and tapes ( 16/44 ). Otherwise you can use an internal or external sound card, there are many options equipped with 24/192 adcs and rca inputs where you can plug your phono preamp, for example Esi Juli@, Emu 1212M, Terratec dmx 6fire usb ( the one which i use ), and many other devices on an higher price range. Then all you have to do is to plug in your turntable, use whatever audio recording software you want, store in 24/96 flac and enjoy.... However, the difference between 16/44 rips and 24/96 is very subtle, at least on my audio setup, i do it just for peace of mind...just to archive in the best possible quality...

Apr 1, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #355 of 29,702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got today, 36 minutes of pure progressive awesomeness...i am even starting to like the vocoder vocals...the supersized artwork of a gatefold vinyl sleeve is really worth it with good covers like that...

You be right................the record sleeve is fraking sweet, the gatefold album cover inside artwork is fraking sweet, whole package is fraking sweet.

Is the record itself just black vinyl.........

Apr 2, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #356 of 29,702
Was wondering if any of the metal heads in here have heard of Turisas? I didn't hear of them until they opened up for Dragonforce in my hometown. Saw them and was completely blown away. Such an epic sound, and stage presence lol. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of bands with a similar choral sound, like Turisas does in a lot of their songs? ("To Holmgard and Beyond", end of "Five Hundred and One", "Battle Metal", "One More", etc)

Apr 2, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #357 of 29,702
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You be right................the record sleeve is fraking sweet, the gatefold album cover inside artwork is fraking sweet, whole package is fraking sweet.

Is the record itself just black vinyl.........

It's solid grey, 180gram vinyl.

Apr 2, 2009 at 12:30 PM Post #358 of 29,702
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanohue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was wondering if any of the metal heads in here have heard of Turisas? I didn't hear of them until they opened up for Dragonforce in my hometown. Saw them and was completely blown away. Such an epic sound, and stage presence lol. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows of bands with a similar choral sound, like Turisas does in a lot of their songs? ("To Holmgard and Beyond", end of "Five Hundred and One", "Battle Metal", "One More", etc)

seanohue: check out Ensiferum "Iron" you'll love it!

No comments on the "Outlaw Order" eh? I like the grungy, punkish sound....it's kind of addictive ...to me...lol

Apr 4, 2009 at 6:45 PM Post #360 of 29,702
Quote:

Originally Posted by seanohue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

go listen to moonsorrow's first 3 cd's. namely kivenkantaja and voimasta ja kunniasta if you want epic. and w/out the cheese factor that imo turisas has.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back