Lets Talk Metal
Mar 29, 2017 at 2:38 AM Post #26,222 of 29,669

So...your point is...I didn't include bands/songs you like and therefore my list is invalid? It's just my own playlist. The point (my point, that is) is to have various styles represented, not to be a comprehensive overview of the entire black metal scene or whatever you were expecting. Anything you could want to add on there would not make it any more diverse; it would just be more of the same styles in one way or another. And did you actually hear all the songs I listed? If not, you have no basis for assessing its diversity. Like I said, if you want your own playlist, you can make it yourself.

You mentioned the playlist being a suggestion for "knowing black metal better", being "diverse" whilst "random". I merely asked you a question about the black metal classics, and furthermore explained myself, sic. And you're getting worked up over this? I just wanted to engage in a discussion, not an argument.
I fail to see the rhetoric of me not "having listened" to the songs listed, why would I even comment on them otherwise. Ironically, the lower part of of your list begged me to question the same thing due to the single track choices, how I explained earlier.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:39 AM Post #26,223 of 29,669

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #26,224 of 29,669
  You mentioned the playlist being a suggestion for "knowing black metal better", being "diverse" whilst "random". I merely asked you a question about the black metal classics, and furthermore explained myself, sic. And you're getting worked up over this? I just wanted to engage in a discussion, not an argument.
I fail to see the rhetoric of me not "having listened" to the songs listed, why would I even comment on them otherwise. Ironically, the lower part of of your list begged me to question the same thing due to the single track choices, how I explained earlier.

What was your question again? Was it why I did not include X song and/or X band? Because I don't care about them enough to have included them in the very brief playlist. Is this a satisfactory answer? If you have an issue with the playlist, then you need to communicate what that issue is clearly, without being vague.

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #26,225 of 29,669

What was your question again? Was it why I did not include X song and/or X band? Because I don't care about them enough to have included them in the very brief playlist. Is this a satisfactory answer? If you have an issue with the playlist, then you need to communicate what that issue is clearly, without being vague.

No.
Couple of posts back, I said nvm. You can also read it as "Good day. I said good day."

Mar 29, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #26,226 of 29,669
  This has been growing me over the course of the last couple weeks (was just officially out Fri). More interesting proggy arrangments, better singing, not just from doomsters!

<a data-cke-saved-href="http://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/heartless" href="http://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/heartless">Heartless by PALLBEARER</a>

Now, I understood why so many people talk about Pallbearer. I like this :)

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #26,227 of 29,669
Mar 29, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #26,228 of 29,669
I'm not a big fan of The Wall but I like the bands on that comp, will check it out!

Here's a long-winded OTT review of the Pallbearer that's an interesting read: http://www.stereogum.com/1929920/premature-evaluation-pallbearer-heartless/franchises/premature-evaluation/

Mar 29, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #26,229 of 29,669
Mar 31, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #26,230 of 29,669
new Mastodon is out Didnt hear anyone talking about it? Is it awful? Listening to few tracks on Youtube now.

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #26,231 of 29,669
  new Mastodon is out Didnt hear anyone talking about it? Is it awful? Listening to few tracks on Youtube now.

It is kind of boring (to me), but overall better than their last one.

Mar 31, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #26,232 of 29,669
Mastodon just isn't interesting anymore, IMO. When they had that beastly heaviness mixed with prog elements, they were fascinating. Remission and Leviathan were awesome albums. Then they were like "hey we're getting popular, let's get super proggy and less heavy" and now it feels like they're just on a mission to see how high-minded they can be. Good music, not my speed any more.

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #26,233 of 29,669
Mastodon just isn't interesting anymore, IMO. When they had that beastly heaviness mixed with prog elements, they were fascinating. Remission and Leviathan were awesome albums. Then they were like "hey we're getting popular, let's get super proggy and less heavy" and now it feels like they're just on a mission to see how high-minded they can be. Good music, not my speed any more.

Blood Mountain sound is so long gone, call me jaded? Oh well.

[VIDEO] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1NF4AS3khfg [/VIDEO]

Mar 31, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #26,234 of 29,669

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back