Lets Talk Metal
Sep 3, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #24,241 of 29,655
  LMAO
biggrin.gif

That track reminded me of why Evergrey is one of my top 20 metal bands. The only album I'm looking forward to more than this one is Dark Tranquillity's Atoma.

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #24,242 of 29,655

That track reminded me of why Evergrey is one of my top 20 metal bands. The only album I'm looking forward to more than this one is Dark Tranquillity's Atoma.

Listen to this new track and Evergrey is one of your top metal bands make me interested to dig into this band. I'm new to Evergrey. Would you kindly recommend me top albums by Evergrey?

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #24,243 of 29,655
  Listen to this new track and Evergrey is one of your top metal bands make me interested to dig into this band. I'm new to Evergrey. Would you kindly recommend me top albums by Evergrey?

Oh man. Their new stuff flat-out sucks compared to some of the old.

I always recommend starting with the two I shared in this post:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/397407/lets-talk-metal/23970#post_12805766

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #24,245 of 29,655
Just started composing a depressive black metal / death metal / doom metal song that would sound so amazing if I had the means to actually record it. I wish there was software to create convincing-sounding metal songs completely digitally without having to deal with the intricacies of recording studios, learning to play instruments better, getting the right equipment, and so on. Perhaps there is software like that...?

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #24,246 of 29,655
  Just started composing a depressive black metal / death metal / doom metal song that would sound so amazing if I had the means to actually record it. I wish there was software to create convincing-sounding metal songs completely digitally without having to deal with the intricacies of recording studios, learning to play instruments better, getting the right equipment, and so on. Perhaps there is software like that...?

How about guitar pro?

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #24,247 of 29,655
  How about guitar pro?

Isn't that just tablature software? Does it let you make simple compositions sound like real electric guitars and alter the sound any way you like? I'd also need software for all the other instruments. I know many metal bands use drum machine software, and some of the more famous ones like Meshuggah have even managed to make realistic-sounding drums with software. So that part is covered. But everything else...no clue.

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #24,248 of 29,655

Isn't that just tablature software? Does it let you make simple compositions sound like real electric guitars and alter the sound any way you like? I'd also need software for all the other instruments. I know many metal bands use drum machine software, and some of the more famous ones like Meshuggah have even managed to make realistic-sounding drums with software. So that part is covered. But everything else...no clue.

Guitar pro sounds like crap but its a great way to work out ideas and save stuff you wrote to keep from forgetting it. I havent messed with it a ton sop idk maybe there are ways to keep it from sounding 8 bit.

FL Studio? I use EZDrummer for some of my recording and it sounds pretty darn solid for being pure software.

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #24,249 of 29,655
  Guitar pro sounds like crap but its a great way to work out ideas and save stuff you wrote to keep from forgetting it. I havent messed with it a ton sop idk maybe there are ways to keep it from sounding 8 bit.

FL Studio? I use EZDrummer for some of my recording and it sounds pretty darn solid for being pure software.

It'd be easy enough to make an electronic version of the song, like trance, techno, dubstep, and whatnot...but it seems to be extremely difficult to produce electric guitar sounds digitally. As for recording ideas, all I do is hum into my laptop's microphone, and that's enough to keep the basic idea from being lost.

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #24,250 of 29,655
Since the first "trailer" was literally nothing but talking about album art and merchandise, I'm not even gonna bother with the others. If a kind soul wants to watch them and summarize any info relating to the actual music, have at it.

Sep 4, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #24,251 of 29,655
Just heard Evergrey's new album. It won't be out until five days from now. Powerful stuff! In the emotional sense, that is. I usually don't care about lyrics much, but they really stand out and make it a more personal experience. I'd say the songwriting is more mature and coherent and draws you into the grandiose atmosphere of the album as a whole.

Here's info on the box set limited to 1,000 copies:
http://www.evergrey.net/product/storm-within-box/
http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Evergrey/The_Storm_Within/589630

Sep 4, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #24,252 of 29,655
I'm kind of surprised with all of these metal birds that Hatebeak hasn't been mentioned yet. 

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #24,255 of 29,655

This has been a great $10 purchase.
QKZ-W1 PRO IEM (Black)

Even though I show them with my IPod, I actually listen to them all the time with an old Wolfson Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 which I run Spotify. Just finding something which is super easy to power and exploits the warm bass of the Wolfson DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back