Lets Talk Metal
May 23, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #23,146 of 29,678
Drudkh's debut album is one of my least favorite by them. Blood In Our Wells and Autumn Aurora are my top two.

Do you have a place near the later stage of their progression where you start to dislike the output? What about "Songs of Grief and Solitude"?

May 23, 2016 at 7:19 PM Post #23,147 of 29,678
Do you have a place near the later stage of their progression where you start to dislike the output? What about "Songs of Grief and Solitude"?

As with most of the bands I talk about, I bought most of their stuff, including that acoustic album. I don't like it much, but it's still nice, I guess. But I didn't suddenly dislike Drudkh at any point. I like all their albums in their own way. Dunno if you've heard 'em all. Handful Of Stars is especially interesting (as far as diverging from their main style goes) because they kind of went for an indie rock sound.

May 23, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #23,148 of 29,678
As with most of the bands I talk about, I bought most of their stuff, including that acoustic album. I don't like it much, but it's still nice, I guess. But I didn't suddenly dislike Drudkh at any point. I like all their albums in their own way. Dunno if you've heard 'em all. Handful Of Stars is especially interesting (as far as diverging from their main style goes) because they kind of went for an indie rock sound.

I know OF HOS but am waiting to finally check it out. I have been a fan of Drudkh for years but am now revisiting for some reason.

Virus has dropped a vid to give a taste of the album almost out. They have always been from the twilight zone, but now?

They are in a world all their own?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKqeGT2wQOnCkoaftrF1kaZ31ls7EwI_-0s72MxCDUFyoTUYe25dt1m2t73nniSpGloSiOrzhSpVfgzNbnlrS04ZhWGyGQ&v=220eDjcDSlM

May 24, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #23,150 of 29,678
May 24, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #23,151 of 29,678
May 25, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #23,152 of 29,678
Sadly, The Forsaken never made it to the level they should have been, coming out with a mid 1990s sound starting 2001. Their last album Beyond Redemption is my favorite. Such a 10/10 of an album though never ever getting recognition anywhere?

Their last effort below, released in 2012. Encyclopedia Metalium states they are still active, so maybe we will see another album and some recognition for these underdogs?:)

[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ff7oFrblmh8 [/VIDEO].

May 25, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #23,158 of 29,678
Over 19 minutes and 6 songs, this is a big EP.

[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pCjyHthOIHY [/VIDEO]

May 26, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #23,159 of 29,678
Well, I listened to three Gorguts albums, starting with The Erosion Of Sanity then went to From Wisdom to Hate, and stopped with Obscura. Listened to Obscura 2X and now I'm starting on it again.

I figure after reading reviews that many hold Obscura as their best after a five year break starting in 1993.

I remember seeing the CD so much in 1998, as the cover is very iconic and easy to remember. I would have never got the album in 1998, so all music maybe has a time for the listener?Just the fact that it starts out with a style of "F U" we don't really care what you think. It's becoming very interesting in the same way I used to view Catch 33. I'm not going to say I love it yet, but I am endeared by it on 3rd listen. My goal is to then go back to the album after it, From Wisdom To Hate as I think I will like it more. Turns out some Gorguts fans think they went too far with Obscura and are walking back with " From Wisdom To Hate".

In ending here, personally I think I know myself and when I have a head for attempting music I have put off for years. Actually I then found I could go back to Demilich's Nespithe or any Blut aus Nord after hearing Abyssal. Abyssal kind of opened my mind and I can now attempt the crazy stuff like Gorguts which I never had the patience to try. I'm on Obscura only because I have an attitude now I can handle anything. Rare for me really. I'm glad you hold it in high regard, as that helps give a listener confidence entering the Gorguts world.

It's either a masterpiece or complete sheet. Ha, I want it to be more than kitchen pans being thrown around, I really do.

Colored Sands is an album I have heard but did not get into at the time. I hope my effort on the early works sets me up to like it when I get around to it. I have purposely put Colored Sands off for awhile. Seems like it will be awhile to get to the EP.

i like early gorguts but found obscura boring and just noise-no structure or groove
aborted, exhumed etc are pretty cool-as mentioned previously

Users who are viewing this thread

Back