Lets Talk Metal
May 10, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #23,072 of 29,701
[VIDEO] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1GWdbkl_cgc [/VIDEO]

May 10, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #23,073 of 29,701
[VIDEO] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKT-erdgieo [/VIDEO]

May 10, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #23,074 of 29,701
Their 1st album is "name your price" the 2nd and 3rd albums are fantastic!!

https://abyssal-home.bandcamp.com/album/denouement

May 10, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #23,075 of 29,701
Whatever I have heard from New Vektor and Radiohead release sounds good? Anybody else liked them?

May 10, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #23,076 of 29,701
May 10, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #23,077 of 29,701
  Unsubbed.

Why? This thread has endless metal! Don't you like metal?
biggrin.gif

May 10, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #23,078 of 29,701
  Whatever I have heard from New Vektor and Radiohead release sounds good? Anybody else liked them?

The new Vektor is damn good. Charging the Void is my favorite.

May 10, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #23,079 of 29,701

Vektor sounds great (man, LCD is such a killer track) and is already receiving heaps of praise. Here's the full album: https://vektor.bandcamp.com/album/terminal-redux

@sludgeogre - I noticed you already bought it on Bandcamp. What do you think?

The songwriting is the best thrash metal I've heard in a long time. So many thrash bands boil down to "look how fast I can play scales and these six chords! Look at me go!" and I was getting quite sick of it. LCD is a really killer track, that riff is insanely catchy. You don't hear creative songwriting like that in thrash very often.

The one thing I can't get over are the vocals. I think that vocalist is pretty weak. I don't know if that's the sound they're going for, or if that's just how well he can sing, but the vocals could use more work to my ears.

May 10, 2016 at 8:17 PM Post #23,080 of 29,701

Terminal Redux definitely deserves more spins. It wasn't the thrash metal that I had expected and despite being progressive, it didn't turned out to be melodramatic and weak at all. LCD, Pyschotropia and the last two tracks are the highlights for me, but the entire album is really consistently refreshing yet true to thrash metal (early Sodom, Kreator etc.) otherwise. The vocals are once again, matter of taste but even though I don't find it to be powerful enough, I don't need another Chuck Schuldiner.

One of the best albums I have heard so far this year, and I don't often jump into whatever hype that are out there easily.

Off topic, but as for Radiohead, maybe I will wait for the hype to die down first, but it seems that it gets tons of praise as well.

May 10, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #23,081 of 29,701
Terminal Redux definitely deserves more spins. It wasn't the thrash metal that I had expected and despite being progressive, it didn't turned out to be melodramatic and weak at all. LCD, Pyschotropia and the last two tracks are the highlights for me, but the entire album is really consistently refreshing yet true to thrash metal (early Sodom, Kreator etc.) otherwise. The vocals are once again, matter of taste but even though I don't find it to be powerful enough, I don't need another Chuck Schuldiner.

One of the best albums I have heard so far this year, and I don't often jump into whatever hype that are out there easily.

Off topic, but as for Radiohead, maybe I will wait for the hype to die down first, but it seems that it gets tons of praise as well.

2014 YEL
. 2012 YEL
Love this years Vektor, but...........
Every year Aborted make it to my year end list. Just smooth and profesional in an always changing world.

Where Vektor has changed for the better and matured well. Dropping and Black Metal for Progressive Thrash. Keeping that genius that they always had from album one but getting to a new more sophisticated place. They will be on my year end list but below Aborted. Aborted seem to stay the same and that's all OK!

Weird that the band(Vektor)has changed so much, becoming, I guess, what they always wanted to be?

May 10, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #23,082 of 29,701
Every year Aborted make it to my year end list. Just smooth and profesional in an always changing world.

Where Vektor has changed for the better and matured well. Dropping and Black Metal for progressive thrash. Keeping that genius that they always had fm album one but getting to a new more sophisticated place. They will be on my year end list but below Aborted. Aborted seem to stay the same and that's all OK!

Should I give every Aborted albums a try? Since you like them so much and I am in a mood for refreshing old school metal for now (spinning the "new" Cattle Decapitation).

Funny how both the new Aborted EP and Vektor almost share the same title. Have to check more of Vektor out as well.

May 10, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #23,083 of 29,701
Should I give every Aborted albums a try? Since you like them so much and I am in a mood for refreshing old school metal for now (spinning the "new" Cattle Decapitation).

Funny how both the new Aborted EP and Vektor almost share the same title. Have to check more of Vektor out as well.

Aborted have this guitar sound. No one has just that sound. I don't know really how they get it. It may be the combination of drums and guitar. They are like the older wiser brothers of Cattle Decapitation. Where maybe CD will get to when they get older IMO.

Get 2012, 2014 and 2016s Aborted that's for sure. God they are great if you have a head for the intensity? Which you do, if you like CD.

May 10, 2016 at 9:05 PM Post #23,084 of 29,701

Not played enough

May 10, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #23,085 of 29,701

May 6th 2016 Terminal Redux by Vektor
January 8th 2016 Termination Redux by Aborted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back