Lets Talk Metal
Feb 26, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #212 of 29,701
Just received and listened to Orchid by Opeth, they evolved quite a bit from there, however some nice slow and melancholic riffing and almost black metal sounding vocals, good...plus it's on nice purple transparent vinyl...
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 4:59 PM Post #215 of 29,701
Listened their stuff from Myspace and no, it isnt like Psycroptic. Sound is same, but music is completely different. Obscura is too funky with all those wierd jazz-like tricks while Psycroptic is bit more no-nonsense technical deathmetal. I get Psycroptic immidietly as there is a clean "plot" in the music, but Obscura is wierd to listen, I cant get a hang of it. Though it isnt as wierd as Gorguts - Obscura, thank god.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #216 of 29,701
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Necrophagist has great progressive death music.......

but limited by puzzling repetitive boring vocal delivery, gutteral spoken word vocals with no variation in tempo or tonal range, sounds like same vocal for every song.......so much more potential with just a minor amount of vocal variation added

Mmm. Necrophagist. I hear your band recommendation and raise you a Blotted Science. Chances are, if you like Necrophagist, you will probably like Blotted Science almost as much, if not more.

Also; New Mastodon album in March. Anybody else stoked?

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #217 of 29,701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayito-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mmm. Necrophagist. I hear your band recommendation and raise you a Blotted Science. Chances are, if you like Necrophagist, you will probably like Blotted Science almost as much, if not more.

yes yes yes............Crack the Skye will soon be mine, found Mastodon by being a Neurosis fan and discovering many also liked Mastodon, tried some samples and loved it so purchased all groups Cds used at Amazon

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #219 of 29,701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received and listened to Orchid by Opeth, they evolved quite a bit from there, however some nice slow and melancholic riffing and almost black metal sounding vocals, good...plus it's on nice purple transparent vinyl...
biggrin.gif

Nice.........color of vinyl matches color of orchid in cover photo
regular_smile .gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #220 of 29,701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayito-san /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whoa! Just sampled some Blotted Science and man they are off the hook! Thanks for the heads up!

Feb 28, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #221 of 29,701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fido2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoa! Just sampled some Blotted Science and man they are off the hook! Thanks for the heads up!

You're welcome, man. PM me, I have more suggestions if you're interested.

Feb 28, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #224 of 29,701
I'mlistening right now to something off Cynic's new album on youtube, it's really some good stuff...but dont' you guys find the vocoder a bit annoying ? It sounds cool but they could have used more variation,some robot-voice alongside much more growls and clean vocals...

Feb 28, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #225 of 29,701

MaZa, You ever checked out any Shadow's Fall? I really like this album of theirs it's called Fallout From the War. Very tight band, excellent musicians, good songwriting...
*edit* sorry meliboeus, didn't mean to leave you out. You posted right before I did...heehehe...you like SF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back