Lets Talk Metal
Oct 26, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #2,119 of 29,701
Amen to that.  This tune I remember the most when I saw them play.  SS is one of the heaviest songs ever committed to tape.  It never fails to raise my hackles.

This is a perfect example of a song that is utterly bereft of bull.  Not one unnecessary lick in sight.  No tricks, just pure molten metal.

Shame you can barely hear Anders' guitar in this recording.  The melody he is playing is crucial, in parts.

Quote:
Experiencing this concert leaves an imprint for ever..

Oct 26, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #2,120 of 29,701
Another example of simple musical perfection, with the addition of excellent musicianship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwYP8Cr5lQ&feature=related

Close your eyes.  Be still, silent, and listen.  Resist the urge to judge.  Take a deep breath and let the music take you on a journey.

This music has a power that cannot be quantified.  It transcends genres and expectations.

"I will understand, while you still ignore
I'll use wings, while you still walk
I'll tell the truth, while you still have to lie
And I wonder, why you stand behind just like..."

Oct 26, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #2,121 of 29,701
Have you listened to their latest album? I was initially put off from them judging by some of their songs on youtube but their uroboros album is really well done. 

Quote:
^^^^^I used to be into Dir En Grey when I was about 15/16. Sorry mate, I think they're utter crap. I used to love this song though

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:39 PM Post #2,122 of 29,701

Quote:
Curious, what do you think of Pray For Villains? I like Fury, and I think Last Kind Words is great. I can't stand Pray For Villains though, the bad production, the TERRIBLE song writing, and its just boring. Their 5th album is supposedly called Beast. and is due early next year.

I actually love Pray For villains.  Other than Another Night in London which is like the worst song I've ever heard.  Pure Sincerity and Fate Stepped in are in their top 5 best songs if you ask me.  Guess my ad700's and xfi prelude aren't up to exposing the bad production because I think it sounds great.    This is without a doubt their best song. Do yourselves a favor and see them live.  I've probably seen them about 8 times now and it never gets old.  

Oct 26, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #2,123 of 29,701
I'm not the hugest metal fan, but I thought that iTunes offered a suprisingly nice free download this week. They are offering a free download for a metallica/slayer/megadeth/anthrax collaboration.

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #2,125 of 29,701
Heh.

I'll check out those albums Cianyx, think I heard Vehemence before, but ain't sure. For the more clean vox melo Soilwork "Natural Born Chaos" is enjoyable, maybe because Devin Townsend produced it, further down that path I do not go...

rehabitat you know there's a Wacken '06 video of the whole concert (50 min.) floating around with much, much better sound. Speaking of festivals.. Hellfest '11, with three Swiss band, but that's not all.. Bad Brains and Melvins OMG. 

Guess Wacken gotten to big and generic, before there were some problems with the logistic for Hellfest, but the last years this festival has really gotten very good. Highly recommended and one can also combine it with a holiday in France and Netherlands, high speed Thalys from Paris to Amsterdam 3h 18m. There also this -> http://www.avantgardefestival.de/ the weekend after Hellfest. As you can tell I'm researching my next summer holiday..

Oct 27, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #2,126 of 29,701

Quote:
Another example of simple musical perfection, with the addition of excellent musicianship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwYP8Cr5lQ&feature=related

Close your eyes.  Be still, silent, and listen.  Resist the urge to judge.  Take a deep breath and let the music take you on a journey.

This music has a power that cannot be quantified.  It transcends genres and expectations.

Thanks. I spent all last night tracking down Coroner albums. I now have...

Death Cult
R.I.P
Punishment For Decadence
No More Color
Mental Vortex
Grin
Coroner
The Unknown Unreleased Tracks (1985-1995)
Death Cult (2009)

Oct 27, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #2,127 of 29,701

Quote:
Heh.

I'll check out those albums Cianyx, think I heard Vehemence before, but ain't sure. For the more clean vox melo Soilwork "Natural Born Chaos" is enjoyable, maybe because Devin Townsend produced it, further down that path I do not go...

rehabitat you know there's a Wacken '06 video of the whole concert (50 min.) floating around with much, much better sound. Speaking of festivals.. Hellfest '11, with three Swiss band, but that's not all.. Bad Brains and Melvins OMG. 

Guess Wacken gotten to big and generic, before there were some problems with the logistic for Hellfest, but the last years this festival has really gotten very good. Highly recommended and one can also combine it with a holiday in France and Netherlands, high speed Thalys from Paris to Amsterdam 3h 18m. There also this -> http://www.avantgardefestival.de/ the weekend after Hellfest. As you can tell I'm researching my next summer holiday..

Saw Soilwork in August (they were tight), going to see them again as an opening act for Symphony X and Nevermore (just an awesome surprise, I had no idea Soilwork would be on that bill).  Also seeing Devin Townsend on Saturday for the first time. 
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back