CDs
  1. three Genesis
  2. one Yes
  3. one Jethro
  4. one Zappa
  5. one Mike Oldfield
  6. one Rush
  7. one IQ

Not much buuuut I guess that should answer your question :)

More than I've got at the moment, but I'm slowly expanding my retro collection. Still, good to see an appreciation for some older stuff.
FYI, for the most part, I agree with you when it comes to a lot of the older stuff. I do like some of the early Grindcore and Death Metal though!

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #19,457 of 29,666
  Yeah, Obituary is just really boring to me...along with other universally beloved old school bands like Six Feet Under, Entombed, Unleashed, Bolt Thrower, Pestilence etc etc.
Like I said when we talked about Bathory here: I'm really grateful that these bands exist and that they influenced so many new(-ish) great bands, but I just don't like them.

I agree with you. 

Bands that I don't like:
-Six Feet Under (except few tracks from their last album)
- Unleashed
- Pestilence
- Entombed
- Obituary

Old Bands that I do like
- Cannibal Corpse
- Suffocation
- Cryptopsy

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #19,458 of 29,666
I agree with you. 

Bands that I don't like:
-Six Feet Under (except few tracks from their last album)
- Unleashed
- Pestilence
- Entombed
- Obituary

Old Bands that I do like
- Cannibal Corpse
- Suffocation
- Cryptopsy

I myself never stop listening to these two albums.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dv8NL5YEDGI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tsdWLtPAVqM

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #19,459 of 29,666
Six Feet Under suck. How about Suffocation, Death, Nile, etc old school tech death precursors?

Nile is great (or maybe was great)!
I do like myself some Death, Suffocation or Dying Fetus from time to time. Maybe not their super old albums though.

One of the very few Thrash bands I like.

Aren't even real Thrash but whatever.

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #19,461 of 29,666
Six Feet Under suck. How about Suffocation, Death, Nile, etc old school tech death precursors?

Nile? I liked them better in 2005 still they have an album out this year! Can't wait.

Nile is great (or maybe was great)!

I have most Nile stuff. Even have the box set ("limited edition collector's sarcophagus"...lol) of Annihilation Of The Wicked. I was going to say it's impossible to find now, but never mind...Discogs has it for as low as $25. Some very cool photos of it here. The best part: the necklace! Used to wear it all the time.

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #19,462 of 29,666
I have most Nile stuff. Even have the box set ("limited edition collector's sarcophagus"...lol) of Annihilation Of The Wicked. I was going to say it's impossible to find now, but never mind...Discogs has it for as low as $25. Some very cool photos of it here. The best part: the necklace! Used to wear it all the time.

In Orange County California I used to see guys walking around with giant 6 inch wood crosses around their necks. They always looked like Vampire Hunters to me.

You ever see this? It is the laser etched edition.

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #19,463 of 29,666
Does anyone have this vocalist rotation thing with the band Ghost B.C. figured out? They say they are about to start of with there 3rd vocalist?

I kind of suspect that because the band is covered from recognition that they each come up at a different time and are the star?

If you read their explanation, it reads like a riddle?

The group's vocalist portrays the band's mascot character, a Satanic priest known as Papa Emeritus. According to the band, Papa Emeritus is "supposed to be the star". A Nameless Ghoul said, "It's sort of like Eddie for Iron Maiden, except we have our Eddie singing".[2] There have been three different characters taking the name Papa Emeritus, each younger than the last; although all are believed to be played by the same vocalist. The first two versions of Papa Emeritus were only seen together once on December 15, 2012 at their show in Linköping, where the original character was retired and Papa Emeritus II was introduced to launch Ghost's second album.[citation needed] The second welcomed his younger brother as the new Papa Emeritus on June 3, 2015 in Linköping after being "fired" due to not performing his duty in overthrowing governments and churches. Papa Emeritus II and Papa Emeritus III were stated to only have a 3 month difference in age.[29]

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #19,464 of 29,666

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2015/05/19/pope-francis-introduced-as-new-singer-of-metal-band-ghost-b-c/

Looks like a different person or photoshop?

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #19,465 of 29,666
Ringwraiths.
jecklinsmile.gif

Jun 18, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #19,466 of 29,666
Does anyone have this vocalist rotation thing with the band Ghost B.C. figured out? They say they are about to start of with there 3rd vocalist?

It's always the same guy, they just change his getup a little bit. They like to think of the band as a performance and the members as characters. The "new vocalist" tradition is just part of how they tell their story.

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #19,467 of 29,666

I kind of suspect that because the band is covered from recognition that they each come up at a different time and are the star?

If you read their explanation, it reads like a riddle?

The group's vocalist portrays the band's mascot character, a Satanic priest known as Papa Emeritus. According to the band, Papa Emeritus is "supposed to be the star". A Nameless Ghoul said, "It's sort of like Eddie for Iron Maiden, except we have our Eddie singing".[2] There have been three different characters taking the name Papa Emeritus, each younger than the last; although all are believed to be played by the same vocalist. The first two versions of Papa Emeritus were only seen together once on December 15, 2012 at their show in Linköping, where the original character was retired and Papa Emeritus II was introduced to launch Ghost's second album.[citation needed] The second welcomed his younger brother as the new Papa Emeritus on June 3, 2015 in Linköping after being "fired" due to not performing his duty in overthrowing governments and churches. Papa Emeritus II and Papa Emeritus III were stated to only have a 3 month difference in age.[29]

Yeah, it's the guy on the right. If you listen to his other bands you recognize the vocals. Guy has a real solid growl and very good range. He tried multiple things until he struck gold with Ghost.

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #19,468 of 29,666
I actually like Sithu... It's just a different sound for Nile. The new album is supposed to be more brutal, so I'm pretty psyched. Suffocation is on a different level though. Their last album is fantastic, and they made some genre defining albums in the 90s.

Jun 18, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #19,469 of 29,666
I actually like Sithu... It's just a different sound for Nile. The new album is supposed to be more brutal, so I'm pretty psyched. Suffocation is on a different level though. Their last album is fantastic, and they made some genre defining albums in the 90s.

I like Nile quite a bit, but have to be in the right mood. Becomes a little tedious otherwise. Really love the packaging and attention to detail. You can tell they did a ton of research. Still need to get into Suffocation and countless other DM bands.

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #19,470 of 29,666

I like Nile quite a bit, but have to be in the right mood. Becomes a little tedious otherwise. Really love the packaging and attention to detail. You can tell they did a ton of research. Still need to get into Suffocation and countless other DM bands.

Pinnacle of Bedlam is a really good album. You should give it a try. The entire album has a nice flow to it..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back