Lets Talk Metal
Jun 19, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #19,471 of 29,666

I like Nile quite a bit, but have to be in the right mood. Becomes a little tedious otherwise. Really love the packaging and attention to detail. You can tell they did a ton of research. Still need to get into Suffocation and countless other DM bands.

Pinnacle of Bedlam is a really good album. You should give it a try. The entire album has a nice flow to it..

It honestly seems to me like it's the perfect death metal album. It's brutal, very serious sounding, really technical but not wanky, short and to the point, memorable. I waited about a year to check it out even though I'm a fan, and was blown away the first time I heard it. I still feel that way every time I listen to it.

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #19,472 of 29,666
The
It honestly seems to me like it's the perfect death metal album. It's brutal, very serious sounding, really technical but not wanky, short and to the point, memorable. I waited about a year to check it out even though I'm a fan, and was blown away the first time I heard it. I still feel that way every time I listen to it.

The special edition has the band making the album in the studio. I don't think I have ever seen a studio log like it. They just all live near by and go to the studio like a job, taking their time. At one point they are looking for some influences and suggest they start drinking. The lead singer goes, "Why do that, that didn't do anything?"

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:55 AM Post #19,473 of 29,666
Yeah, it's the guy on the right. If you listen to his other bands you recognize the vocals. Guy has a real solid growl and very good range. He tried multiple things until he struck gold with Ghost.

And also THX !

http://www.head-fi.org/u/392595/sludgeogre

Glad he is the vocals on this new album almost here.

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #19,476 of 29,666

I love Suffocation. Terrance and Frank are the nicest dudes, too. I'm so happy that they continue to release awesome music to this day. I picked this one up in the deluxe edition and the DVD on it is pretty funny. They're such nerds, it's hilarious. Frank looks at the lyrics Terrance wrote and he's like "what happened to die die, murder, I'm gonna kill you... what is this..." Cracked me up.

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #19,477 of 29,666
I love Suffocation. Terrance and Frank are the nicest dudes, too. I'm so happy that they continue to release awesome music to this day. I picked this one up in the deluxe edition and the DVD on it is pretty funny. They're such nerds, it's hilarious. Frank looks at the lyrics Terrance wrote and he's like "what happened to die die, murder, I'm gonna kill you... what is this..." Cracked me up.

I just swigged 500ml of vodka and I just have to state. This thread should be about death metal!..............and with that..............https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zbp60IX_jFQ

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #19,478 of 29,666
Let's talk death metal... And occasionally black metal. Rename it bro.

Oh, I clicked the link. Yes, Symbolic indeed! Human through Sound of Perseverance is in my opinion the best run of albums in metal.

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #19,479 of 29,666
I have been a lurker on this thread for quite some time now, and only now have i found the strength and guts to post here.

Consider me a newly baptized convert to the world of metal. I can say I have been listening to metal for about 4 years now and my repertoire is not as extensive as what you guys might have. 

My very first foray to metal is with Death Angel's 2010 Relentless Retribution and Avenged Sevenfolds 2009 Nightmare. Admittedly, I stuck with the big names, the more recent ones too, as I'm still dipping my toes through these dark waters.

I do love a great range of music, from classical, to RNB, adult contemporaries, some Reggae and chorale stuff, but I find metal to be complex enough to draw out emotions and artistic enough to find complete harmony in total chaos.

Death Angels Relentless Retribution at that time for me when I was beginning was just perfect. Listening through some lowly Sennheiser HD 448, the guitar riffs were just, at least for me, surgically precise in attack, the vocals and shriek sounded so good and how everything was put together was just beautiful. 

I found this thread last year and have been reading and trying recommendations. Opeth is just a great find and right now am I trying Queensryche.

This is post number 1 for me in Head-Fi! Looking forward to some more and metalheads who can complete my conversion to a headbanging fellow.

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #19,480 of 29,666
Do yourself a favor and click the youtube link above. You may as well skip the rest of the gateway stuff and get real right off the get - go.

Welcome to the newly renamed Let's Talk Death Metal... And Occasionally Black Metal thread. :p

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #19,481 of 29,666
  I have been a lurker on this thread for quite some time now, and only now have i found the strength and guts to post here.

Consider me a newly baptized convert to the world of metal. I can say I have been listening to metal for about 4 years now and my repertoire is not as extensive as what you guys might have. 

My very first foray to metal is with Death Angel's 2010 Relentless Retribution and Avenged Sevenfolds 2009 Nightmare. Admittedly, I stuck with the big names, the more recent ones too, as I'm still dipping my toes through these dark waters.

I do love a great range of music, from classical, to RNB, adult contemporaries, some Reggae and chorale stuff, but I find metal to be complex enough to draw out emotions and artistic enough to find complete harmony in total chaos.

Death Angels Relentless Retribution at that time for me when I was beginning was just perfect. Listening through some lowly Sennheiser HD 448, the guitar riffs were just, at least for me, surgically precise in attack, the vocals and shriek sounded so good and how everything was put together was just beautiful. 

I found this thread last year and have been reading and trying recommendations. Opeth is just a great find and right now am I trying Queensryche.

This is post number 1 for me in Head-Fi! Looking forward to some more and metalheads who can complete my conversion to a headbanging fellow.

Strength and guts -- FOR METAL!!! \m/

Welcome to the thread. Here is a list of metal bands I like.

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #19,482 of 29,666
Do yourself a favor and click the youtube link above. You may as well skip the rest of the gateway stuff and get real right off the get - go.

Welcome to the newly renamed Let's Talk Death Metal... And Occasionally Black Metal thread. :p

Yeah, I need to represent more with good ol' Stoner/Doom.  It's not the DM/BM guys' fault that they dominate.

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #19,484 of 29,666
Let's talk death metal... And occasionally black metal. Rename it bro.

Oh, I clicked the link. Yes, Symbolic indeed! Human through Sound of Perseverance is in my opinion the best run of albums in metal.

Occasionally? I would say the ratio is 40% Death Metal, 30% Black Metal and 20% Misc metal.

Strength and guts -- FOR METAL!!! \m/

Welcome to the thread. Here is a list of metal bands I like.

He said he has been following the thread for about a year now.
There is no chance he hasn't seen your list by now.

Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry for your blablabla you are at the right place for some quality Metal :wink:

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #19,485 of 29,666
ITS 12 OCLOCK MIDNIGHT-BLACK DARK-TIME TO SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF MYSELF
She's dying, 
She is burned from the waist up,
On her arm,
Her ear is burned,
Her eyelashes are burned, 
She can't hold things up,
And even with medical advances,
There's no end in sight,
For hamburger lady,
She wants me to tell you of her claim mind,