Lets Talk Metal
May 21, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #18,946 of 29,651

Do the Yamaha MT-220 pads really look like this...? lol.

May 21, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #18,948 of 29,651
No. Those are aftermarket pads. If you took a few seconds to look it up, you would know that. XD

It was not noted in the post, and I tried to see if stock were the same size? They look angled right? So how would you explain differences between them and HD650?

Edit:

Looks like original pads not angled.

May 21, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #18,949 of 29,651
It was not noted in the post, and I tried to see if stock were the same size? They look angled right? So how would you explain differences between them and HD650?

I thought that photo was taken from grizzlybeast's review where he mentions that those pads are Alpha Dog pads. Anyway, there is Google Images and other sites where you can look up how stock pads look.

I'm too lazy to write a review for you. Ask specific questions and I might provide specific answers.

May 21, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #18,950 of 29,651
Really cool album!
Too bad the band is pretty much dead...
I live only like one hour away from these guys...should drive over and yell at them to make a new album already.

May 21, 2015 at 9:46 PM Post #18,953 of 29,651
  Really cool album!
Too bad the band is pretty much dead...
I live only like one hour away from these guys...should drive over and yell at them to make a new album already.

They're one of my favorite black metal bands
eek.gif
eek.gif
. Only now I see that you're from Germany, my most favorite country by music. If you go visit them, tell them my regards too. But don't tell them that my copy of their album is downloaded.
Speaking of inactivity, what happened to Odroerir + Menhir ?! Also amazing guys that I haven't heard from for soooooo long time...... Shame

Headphone Alchemist: heh

May 21, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #18,955 of 29,651
  @@@@@@@@''I really appreciated the little debate about the size of peoples collections and whether we have too much music.
Another topic that interests me is how people decide what to play during the day.when you have 20k plus cds etc it gets a bit crazy.
I create random playlists and listen to them through speakers.if i hit a track i like i then research the band and i will earmark the full album for a listen.I will also listen to full cds through speakers if they are good.
If listening through headphones the music has to be excellent otherwise it does not engage me at all and i get bored.
I should mention that when listening through speakers if i dont like a random track i delete it and move on.in my opinion life is too short to listen to stuff that is average.Over to you guys now

Some of the collections posters here own are mind boggling to me. I can't imagine 20K CDs. Totally impressed with that. I've got maybe 1K. One thing new for me is making playlists with some streamed songs mixed in with my own music.

I definitely feel the need to revisit older music as newer music gets more attention. Generally, I feel pulled five directions and want to hear more than I can possibly get to.

Guess I separate it out with digitized music in lists for either my Ipod or Sonos and CD listening that I listen to more thoroughly. Meaning when I really want to sit down and give something my full attention, it tends to be a CD-grab a beer, sit at the PC, chill and listen to a couple of CDs at the end of the day.

On the digital front, I tend to put everything I've bought in the last year into a  list and have another list that's stuff from the last 2-3 years. And, rotate it out after a year or two.

And, then I'll keep a couple of oddball lists like lighter/more mellow music (jazz/folk/soundtracks) and rock/folk/blues to round out my heavy rotation.

Since I can store everything in one place on my NAS with Sonos, sometimes, I'll just play a few tracks randomly from my entire music collection-surprise me! I'm often amazed at something I'd damn near forgot I had!

May 22, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #18,956 of 29,651
Check this out. Can a couple of you listen and provide some feedback please? My brother got his demo finished. I'm not sure how to classify it as I dislike subgenres. Maybe some Lamb of God and Devildriver influence???

https://www.reverbnation.com/vodon

May 22, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #18,957 of 29,651
  Check this out. Can a couple of you listen and provide some feedback please? My brother got his demo finished. I'm not sure how to classify it as I dislike subgenres. Maybe some Lamb of God and Devildriver influence???

https://www.reverbnation.com/vodon

Sorry, don't know how to give feedback but sounds pretty nice. All the best!!!

May 22, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #18,959 of 29,651
@@@@@@@@''I really appreciated the little debate about the size of peoples collections and whether we have too much music.
Another topic that interests me is how people decide what to play during the day.when you have 20k plus cds etc it gets a bit crazy.

Some of the collections posters here own are mind boggling to me. I can't imagine 20K CDs. Totally impressed with that. I've got maybe 1K. One thing new for me is making playlists with some streamed songs mixed in with my own music.

On the digital front, I tend to put everything I've bought in the last year into a  list and have another list that's stuff from the last 2-3 years. And, rotate it out after a year or two.

The beauty of digital! The software can easily create a random list, even really obscure ones

So I can select a random album of black metal, from the USA, between 2004-2010, that I've never played before...or get the software to choose an album that is similar to one I just listened to, based on any criteria I want (mood, tempo, sub genre, similar artist, etc)

Often I'll just "play a random album from any genre that hasn't been played before" and deal with the results

May 22, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #18,960 of 29,651
New track from the upcoming debut second album of Lychgate:

I'm really looking forward to this album!
Some of the best Avant-Garde Black Metal I've ever heard.
I hope I can manage to grab one of the vinyls when the pre-order goes live :|
Here is the first track they released a while ago:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back