Lets Talk Metal
May 21, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #18,932 of 29,629
  But you should have seen all the screaming hippies panicking and running for cover!

That's the kind of sight I would pay a lot of money for :)

Related:

May 21, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #18,933 of 29,629

I like how despite your ultra-low post count, you've already become a regular here.
evil_smiley.gif

Were you able to hear any of the 2000-2005 albums in that huge list I posted?

May 21, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #18,934 of 29,629

You really hate when I have fun, don't you? <3

There are paid upgrades with more features.

256 kbps AAC is indistinguishable from lossless. (Unless you can prove otherwise with a documented listening test.)

There are, i reckon this, but there is no option to turn it on when windows starts. Thing which is great because it slows the system down. 

On second thought, i might be able to write a script that binds fidelizer to the audio playing software in such a way that it will start as long as you are listening to music, and turn off when you close the music app, like foobar. Sidenote:this could be usefull for my project too!

May 21, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #18,936 of 29,629

I like how despite your ultra-low post count, you've already become a regular here.
evil_smiley.gif

Were you able to hear any of the 2000-2005 albums in that huge list I posted?

beerchug.gif

Happy and privileged to be part of the fun and community. So many good music recommendations here (speaking of which, you on bandcamp?)

Oh yeah, belated thanks for that list. Was travelling when I originally saw so failed to take proper follow-up action. Many of the albums you listed I already have or was otherwise familiar with, but plenty of new ones too. Going back to the original reason behind my request for such a list: I notice you included bands like Chimaira, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage and some other NWOAHM-related bands, which I recall dominating the airwaves in 2000-2005 and also my CD collection around the same time. I reckon they were indeed partially responsible for stealing publicity from black/death/doom acts.

May 21, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #18,937 of 29,629

beerchug.gif

Happy and privileged to be part of the fun and community. So many good music recommendations here (speaking of which, you on bandcamp?)

Oh yeah, belated thanks for that list. Was travelling when I originally saw so failed to take proper follow-up action. Many of the albums you listed I already have or was otherwise familiar with, but plenty of new ones too. Going back to the original reason behind my request for such a list: I notice you included bands like Chimaira, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage and some other NWOAHM-related bands, which I recall dominating the airwaves in 2000-2005 and also my CD collection around the same time. I reckon they were indeed partially responsible for stealing publicity from black/death/doom acts.

I don't have a Bandcamp profile. I just go there every once in awhile when there's music I'm interested in. I also link there, such as here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/731523/the-free-music-thread-100-legal-downloads-of-all-formats

The black/death stuff is way better, IMO.

May 21, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #18,938 of 29,629

Yes there is. Maybe you should actually read their website before making claims about their features.

I think that you might had read backwards my answer
biggrin.gif
\

Sorry for my english, sometimes i make less sense than i want.

I consider fidelizer a great thing, if a computer has problems with music playback!

May 21, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #18,945 of 29,629
Politeness in action, Jackson

My mother's ex-boyfriend's son's nickname was Action Jackson. And now that we've gotten totally off-topic...here is a post from the headphones for metal thread:

With the Yamaha HPH-MT220 on high volume, "Winter Bliss" by Demoncy is pounding my skull.

By the way, this is my new favorite. Brief thoughts from yesterday:

Got the Yamaha HPH-MT220 today. Working on a full-length review, though I may give up and never publish it. lol

In my opinion, the 220 has less problems than the FSP and 7506. Far superior build quality and comfort. Unlike the FSP and 7506, I don't feel the need to push the ear pads closer to my ears to enhance the sound. In fact, when I do that, the sound doesn't change at all. The trade-off is that my ears press up against the drivers at all times, which is the only minor comfort issue. Bass sounds less boosted than the FSP, but still substantial -- perhaps still boosted a little above neutral. No major problems with the treble. But the mids are too recessed. This review says that after burn-in, it becomes much more transparent. Here's hoping. Despite the issue with the mids, the 220 sounds the most neutral to me overall, since the 7506 is too bright and harsh in the treble and the FSP has too much bass and not enough mids and treble. 7506 has better vocal reproduction. FSP still has better physicality. Tons more info I could share, but I'll save it for later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back