Lets Talk Metal
Sep 20, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #1,787 of 29,701
Quote:
Couple of new albums I have been listened too or want to listen too:

Death - Scream Bloody Gory

Apparently this is a classic that I don't know about it which I find surprising.  Started the whole death movement...

-aps

I recently discovered Death as well. Awesome music.

Definitely check out their last two albums as well and the project that came after, Control Denied.

Just reading the wiki and learned that they're releasing the final Control Denied album with a possible December release date!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Man_and_Machine_Collide
very_evil_smiley.gif

R.I.P. Chuck

Sep 20, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #1,789 of 29,701

Quote:
Blind Guardian - The Edge of Time

A really solid album.  I know someone mentioned it before, but Blind Guardian are one of those acts that continue to make good solid metal.

Anyone seen them before?  I am thinking of going.

Don't hesitate.  Go forth and see them!  I caught them on the A Twist In The Myth tour, and even though Marcus (rhythm guitarist) was sick and sitting in a chair most of the show, it was one of the most intense concerts I've ever seen.  No overdubs or pre-recorded backup tracks; just pure live music.  The fans were completely insane too, screaming along to every song.  I'm most definitely seeing them on this tour, maybe twice even.

Sep 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #1,792 of 29,701

Quote:
Don't hesitate.  Go forth and see them!  I caught them on the A Twist In The Myth tour, and even though Marcus (rhythm guitarist) was sick and sitting in a chair most of the show, it was one of the most intense concerts I've ever seen.  No overdubs or pre-recorded backup tracks; just pure live music.  The fans were completely insane too, screaming along to every song.  I'm most definitely seeing them on this tour, maybe twice even.

I'm in!  I just got tix, I am actually taking a friend with me.  I am told by several people they are amazing live.

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #1,794 of 29,701
Random question for you guys....I saw that Slayer tee and was like WOW, that is so cool and totally business safe...

What IS the coolest metal t-shirt you have seen/own/know of etc.?

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #1,797 of 29,701
That has to be one of Mastodon's tees. I own the blood mountain one and the artwork is great!

Quote:
Random question for you guys....I saw that Slayer tee and was like WOW, that is so cool and totally business safe...

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #1,798 of 29,701
I love my godhunter shirt http://www.myspace.com/godhuntertucson/photos/11359347 (It look stupid there since pic is just inserted on shirt-model)
That print is really huge and of course, I love raising controversies.
Other one http://www.deathwishinc.com/estore/graphics/00000001/ssdrrasputingreenhi.jpg I have abouuuutt... 15 or so shirts and I like those the best. I could list some cool shirts of mine but then it would never end since I love all my shirts.

Quote:

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #1,800 of 29,701
My apologies for not picking through the entire thread, its quite long, anyway, thoughts on suffokation or the acacia strain? I'm curious what the general consensus is here about the less cliche deathcore bands, quite obviously most of them suck, but these two seem to be relatively original, I would venture as far as to call them death metal, seeing as they don't use annoying pig squeals or abuse the concept of a breakdown.

Favorite t? Cradle of Filth's "jesus was a ****" shirt because I'm still immature enough to find humor in that sort of obscenity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back