Lets Talk Metal
Sep 10, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #1,756 of 29,701
Good collection. I've listened to CC for many many years, enslaved is also awesome but I can't say I have listened to them enough to fully understand what they intend to express.

I'll look into the others you've displayed. I like to not limit myself to one particular sound.. I look at music with nearly the same philosophy Mr. Bruce Lee.. take the best of everything and never limit yourself to one particular "style" or as he said it 

“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

“Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.”

“All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.”

and most importantly

If people say Jeet Kune Do is different from "this" or from "that," then let the name of Jeet Kune Do be wiped out, for that is what it is, just a name. Please don't fuss over it.[11] - Don't get hung up on labels and parameters. JKD is alive and therefore always changing; JKD embodies all and no style simultaneously, thus cannot be compared.

Since I have adopted that philosophy in my early twenties (now 32) my life has been more enriched then it ever has been, although I still tend meet many neophobic people at shows, record stores or at my local pub (internet)  that are too afraid to go beyond any particular genre, which metal music can be pretty comparable to martial arts because they are so much alike as far as both having many different forms of the "same" thing but all having their differences too.

But... to each their own.. 

Sep 10, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #1,757 of 29,701

Quote:
4975121569_ee6acd60a7_z.jpg

I own that Thorns record for more than ten years now and all that time it never ceased to amaze me. The vocals are the most authorative I've ever heard and the riffs are otherworldly. Truely one of the best industrial black metal albums of all time. Every track is epic and that album is just a classic. Everyone should check it out and it's a shame that Snorre ended up in jail and not releasing anything of that quality after that album.

Sep 10, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #1,758 of 29,701
Snorre released that album after he'd been to jail, but he certainly takes his time. Two years ago he posted on MySpace that: "We hope to deliver the master to Moonfog before Christmas and that the album will be out first quarter of 2009".

... and that was it, not a man geared towards publicity I reckon, the next "update" was in the comments below:
Quote:
I had word from Satyr during an interview for Zero Tolerance Magazine at the turn of the new year that the new album is very close... keep an eye out in future issues - we will definitely publish some news if we hear any!..
....i for one can't ****ing WAIT!..

Written by ALIVE-Extreme Music Photography,  monday, may 10, 2010 - 9:49

Sep 12, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #1,760 of 29,701

Quote:
Barry Diament did the originals? I agree that his versions of Led Zeps albums were better than the remastered editions but for slayers albums including the decade of aggression boxed set sound much better remastered IMO

He did.  http://www.discogs.com/Slayer-South-Of-Heaven/release/1418016

And I've seen the remasters ("Reign In Blood" and "South of Heaven") described as "Loud" and "with small dynamic range" (http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=70909) so I would guess otherwise.

Sep 12, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #1,762 of 29,701
That's the most intelligent and philosophical statement anyone on this thread had ever uttered, (not that I've read the whole thing, but I don't think I need to, to make that judgement).

I'm with you all the way friend.

Quote:
Good collection. I've listened to CC for many many years, enslaved is also awesome but I can't say I have listened to them enough to fully understand what they intend to express.

I'll look into the others you've displayed. I like to not limit myself to one particular sound.. I look at music with nearly the same philosophy Mr. Bruce Lee.. take the best of everything and never limit yourself to one particular "style" or as he said it 

“If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

“Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.”

“All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.”

and most importantly

If people say Jeet Kune Do is different from "this" or from "that," then let the name of Jeet Kune Do be wiped out, for that is what it is, just a name. Please don't fuss over it.[11] - Don't get hung up on labels and parameters. JKD is alive and therefore always changing; JKD embodies all and no style simultaneously, thus cannot be compared.

Since I have adopted that philosophy in my early twenties (now 32) my life has been more enriched then it ever has been, although I still tend meet many neophobic people at shows, record stores or at my local pub (internet)  that are too afraid to go beyond any particular genre, which metal music can be pretty comparable to martial arts because they are so much alike as far as both having many different forms of the "same" thing but all having their differences too.

But... to each their own.. 

Sep 12, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #1,763 of 29,701
It was hard for me to find another band that was similar to Kronos in both brutality and complexity. However I am happy to have found one. 

Benighted. (French as well)

A song I currently like:

Sep 12, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #1,765 of 29,701

Quote:
but the old ones totally lacked highs and punch that slayer desperately needed for those albums

Yes, maybe. I only have the "Reign In Blood" expanded (and remastered) edition and the remastered edition of "South of Heaven". Well, I also have South of Heaven original vinyl edition but don't listen to it for so long that I don't remember (don't have a turntable right now either).

Bought the other week on ebay a Reign In Blood edition from the 80s from Def Jam and a original South of Heaven edition (1.2 gbp and 5 gbp respectively but the Reign In Blood is only the CD, no booklet or backcover - fortunately color printers are awesome nowadays :) ). Am still waiting for those to arrive.

Sep 13, 2010 at 8:35 AM Post #1,769 of 29,701
I am also digging another band (which i think I commented earlier) which is Veil Of Maya. BEHOLD, OF ITS MAGNIFICENT KICK ASS POWA!!! 
regular_smile .gif

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #1,770 of 29,701
Found a pretty sweet new Technical Death Metal band just the other day, Allegaeon, their cd Fragments of Form and Function is probably my new second favorite Techdeath cd behind Antithesis. its alot more melodic than alot of my other techdeath, but very good.

Make you put it on 480p to get the better audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back