Lets Talk Metal
Sep 7, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #1,741 of 29,701

Quote:
@ Trogdor, Re: Kamelot, it's a moot point now, unless you were going to see them at ProgPower.  They're cancelling the tour.  Just got this email from enterthevault:

From Kamelot

"As many of you know, [KAMELOT vocalist] Roy [Khan; full name: Roy Sætre Khantatat] has fallen ill and could not make the North American tour.

"We have been rehearsing like madmen here in Tampa — the band is tighter than ever and [previously announced replacement vocalist] Michael [Eriksen] from CIRCUS MAXIMUS is truly an amazing singer; if there is one male vocalist in this world who is on par with Roy, it is Michael! However, after today's rehearsal, we all decided that we do not feel right about doing the North American tour as anything less than a 100% KAMELOT experience.

"We appreciate that many fans have waited more than two years for new material and to see us perform together.

"Our new album, 'Poetry for the Poisoned', represents a labor of love from us, and to present it at anything less than full strength seems a disservice to all involved.

"Though we will suffer financial losses on this late-hour cancellation, we still feel it's the right decision for us as a band to make.

"We regret disappointing all those who worked so hard to shape this tour, and especially those fans who were still so willing to come through and support us despite Roy's absence. We are humbled by that type of support, and we sincerely hope that our return in full-form KAMELOT strength will be more reward for your unwavering loyalty!

"We will reschedule all shows in the near future, once Roy is able to return.

"Refunds can be obtained at the point of purchase.

"To thank Michael for his effort, the band will still appear at the sold-out ProgPower [USA] festival, as a one-off show with him and many special guest singers from the festival.

"Again, we want to thank all of you for your amazing support!!

I know, I am totally bummed.  I missed Rush due to vacation conflict and now Kamelot is cancelling.  Total fail.

I hope Roy is okay, my guess is now its really really serious....I read that Youngblood said he will definitely be back in the US when Roy is healthy again.

-aps

Sep 9, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #1,745 of 29,701
If you guys like Meshuggah and The Faceless, you might like Veil Of Maya

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #1,747 of 29,701
Why? They any good? I'm too lazy to check their Myspace without a pitch. 
beyersmile.png

Sep 9, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #1,748 of 29,701

Quote:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145749

Holy CRAP....you actually have a Metallica avatar...DAMN...

Alright just kidding.

But W-T-F....DT is going to continue without Portnoy.  That is dumb.  I totally agree, that is really like Rush continuing without Peart.  That is ridiculous.

And Avenged Sevenfold is so....oh this makes me sad....

Sep 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #1,749 of 29,701
I've been listening to Veil of Maya's "The common man's collapse" for a few months. Overall it is a pretty good cd. "The Renovation" from My Bitter End is another good CD if you like stuff similar to Veil of Maya. It's a very expressive cd with alot of sonic emotion and has a very good sound. It is probably one of my favorite CD's and the song "Salvage the structure" and "A proper sendoff" are very good imo. Produced by Jamie King, same guy that does BTBAM.. so it's not spectacularly mastered but it's good enough to enjoy again and again that's for sure.

Sep 9, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #1,750 of 29,701

Quote:
Holy CRAP....you actually have a Metallica avatar...DAMN...

Alright just kidding.

But W-T-F....DT is going to continue without Portnoy.  That is dumb.  I totally agree, that is really like Rush continuing without Peart.  That is ridiculous.

And Avenged Sevenfold is so....oh this makes me sad....

something wrong with master of puppets?

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:45 PM Post #1,753 of 29,701
4975121569_ee6acd60a7_z.jpg

Got these on the last few weeks. I'm really ashamed that I only got some of them so late.

(Sorry no melodeath here :))

* Thorns - Thorns (2001) - Moonfog Productions FOG026
* Disincarnate - Dreams of the Carrion Kind (1993) - Roadrunner Records RR9102-2
* Uni_Form - Mirrors (2010) - Polvo Sonoro Records
* Graveland - Fire Chariot of Destruction (2005) - No Colours Records NC 100
* Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face (Censored cover) (1993) - Metal Blade Records CDMZORRO 57
* Cryptopsy - None So Vile (1996) - Wrong Again Records WAR009
* Windir - Likferd (2003) - Head Not Found HNF 058
* Enslaved - Vertebrae (2008) - Nuclear Blast NB 2260-2
* Weakling - Dead As Dreams (2000) - tUMULt tm 17
 * Thorns - Thorns (2001) - Moonfog Productions FOG026
* Disincarnate - Dreams of the Carrion Kind (1993) - Roadrunner Records RR9102-2
* Uni_Form - Mirrors (2010) - Polvo Sonoro Records
* Graveland - Fire Chariot of Destruction (2005) - No Colours Records NC 100
* Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face (Censored cover) (1993) - Metal Blade Records CDMZORRO 57
* Cryptopsy - None So Vile (1996) - Wrong Again Records WAR009
* Windir - Likferd (2003) - Head Not Found HNF 058
* Enslaved - Vertebrae (2008) - Nuclear Blast NB 2260-2
* Weakling - Dead As Dreams (2000) - tUMULt tm 17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back