Lets Talk Metal
Aug 4, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #1,546 of 29,662
Entrails - Tales from the Morgue

Formed in 1991, but took them almost 20 years to release their first full-length. I'm enjoying this satisfying slab of authentic retro old-school DM in the Stockholm style, absolutely killer guitar tone with tons of fuzz.

http://www.myspace.com/entrailsreborn

Aug 4, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #1,547 of 29,662

Quote:
Entrails - Tales from the Morgue

Formed in 1991, but took them almost 20 years to release their first full-length. I'm enjoying this satisfying slab of authentic retro old-school DM in the Stockholm style, absolutely killer guitar tone with tons of fuzz.

http://www.myspace.com/entrailsreborn

holy cow, thanks for that dude, great stuff! the sound quality aint too shabby either

Edit: i cant seem to find anywhere to purchase the cd though 
frown.gif

Edit 2: found it in the webshop on the labels website, im stoked for this one on cd

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #1,549 of 29,662

Quote:
Trogdor said:

What about Chirmaira?  I was told I might like them.  Friend just came back from Mayhem and said Zombie was outstanding which I found odd.  He said Korn is playing more inspired too.  Btw has anyone listened to Korn III? 

Chimaira is alright.  They are aggressive.  If you like aggressive you'll like them.

Quote:
Vincent01 said:

Anyone here had the chance to listen to Dead by april? 

I thought this band was ok.  Im surprised to see 1million views on youtube.  I don't think they are that great, yet all the comments indicate otherwise.

I'd much rather listen to An Early Ending, Confide or Black Veil Brides

Top 10 (In no order and mixed in with recent stuff i like)  Way too hard to list just 10.

Katatonia
Still Remains
This Or The Apocalypse
Sienna Skies
All That Remains
The Arushna Accord
Caliban
Us, From The Outside
Opeth
36 Crazyfists

Growing up as a kid
Megadeth
Anthrax
Annihilator
Nothingface
Greta
Pantera
Souls At Zero
Spineshank
From Autumn To Ashes
Sevendust

Aug 5, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #1,554 of 29,662
Saw meshuggah live at the start of this summer. They exploded some skulls and killed the weak! 

Aug 5, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #1,555 of 29,662
He's recording it now I believe, there's a teaser vid on YouTube of them setting up all the gear and Morgen drumming. I managed to get one of the last copies of the newer edit of SNW, V33.3 or whatever it was from Relapse Records a few years back. They told me it was out of stock for good (even though it was on their site) and then emailed me and hour later saying they'd found a copy on a shelf out in the warehouse and would I be ok with that. Lucky!

If you're a fan of Meshuggah and enjoy the jazzier, alien Holdsworth-esque elements that Fredrik brings to the band then this album is a must! I'm not sure how easy it is to get hold of these days though, but in this digital age stuff is never impossible to get hold of *ahem*.

Aug 6, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #1,557 of 29,662
Wow that band Aborym is nuts. Will have to check more of them out.

Speaking of Apocalyptic crap...this is pretty badass:

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #1,559 of 29,662

Quote:
On a sort of 'soundtrack to the apocalypse' kick at the moment. There's like, the weapons, the devastation, fallout and aftermath here haha (in no particular order).

Also eagerly anticipating the next solo album from Fredrik Thorndendal. Sol Niger Within was an immense CD. Even his demo tracks are <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYkSb7wtj0E

All those bands are stellar and I own shirts and albums from all of them. :) Great to see some other fans in here. For some more apocalyptic stuff, check out Axis of Perdition (Silent Hill horror black metal?), Diabolicum (industrial martial black metal),  Anaal Nathrakh (UK grinding black metal), Void of Silence (blackened atmospheric doom metal), Reverence (French avant black metal, if you like Blut Aus Nord you'll love this) and stuff like Khanate which is pretty damn apocalyptic as well in my opinion. 

Let me know if you want more! :) 

Btw, I am in Hollywood right now and found a store on Hollywood Blvd. that actually sells really good metal shirts. I bought a Leviathan, Judas Iscariot and Bloodbath shirt! In Hollywood! Talk about contradictions...

Aug 7, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #1,560 of 29,662
I'm from the UK so....

I love AoP! I probably should have included them... here's a late addition to my post then:

V:28 were a new find for me, I had no idea about them till someone posted a song on another forum. The good thing is I only have 3 albums to get myself up to speed since they made a trilogy and called it a day. 

I'm not really a fan of straight up black metal and much prefer the bands that take that cold, evil feel and do/did something interesting with it. I really liked Anaal's earlier stuff but recent albums sound, dare I say, less inhuman. The thing I like with the extreme stuff is the ability, on occasion to make me think I'm listening to something unearthly or more than the sum of it's parts. Like, say, Nile's earlier stuff always made me feel like I was listening to these mummies that had exhumed themselves and grabbed some instruments, where as from Annihilation of the Wicked, they started sounding more like.. well, hairy blokes playing Death metal with Hollywood Egyptian scales. Meshuggah are a good example too when they get rolling, they sound like some sort of abstract machine churning away, not just drums, guitars and bass. Ahhh music.

I'll check Diabolicum and  Reverence out. I'm particularly looking for more bands like Aborym. I feel With No Human Intervention is a criminally overlooked extreme metal masterpiece and I haven't found many other bands that have made something similar. I've checked out DHG/Dødheimsgard wanted to like 666 International but it didn't really click with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back