1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Lets Talk Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by zackp, Jan 3, 2009.
First

Back
93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
Next

Last
  1. MaZa
    More news. Vocalist Emperor Magus Caligula has quit Dark Funeral due to life issues (like getting married). This actually came as a shocker to me, Dark Funeral being a guilty pleasure of mine. Even though many do not share my opinion, I LOVED his vocals, his range from inhuman lows to piercing screams was great, and it all sounds very good to my ears much like Lord Serpent of Ceremonial Castings vocals. I wonder who will be his replacement will be... *edit* Now that I think about it Lord Serpent would be more than perfect replacement for Caligula... :D Too bad he lives in the US.

http://metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=69451

2. acidbasement
    I just had my first listen to the new Blind Guardian album.  I think it might be their best one yet!  Of course, with songwriting as complex as theirs it will take several listens before I can say that with any certainty.  It is without a doubt their best since Nightfall In Middle Earth.  I highly recommend checking it out.  The intro to the first track is awesome, sliding gradually from symphony orchestra into full-on metal.

It is also quite good in the sound quality department.  It's certainly a bit compressed in most songs (quiet parts are only slightly quieter than loud parts), but I could not hear any obvious clipping or unintended distortion.  I feared it would be bad, given some of their other recent releases.

3. Vincent01
    Anyone here had the chance to listen to Dead by april? 

4. Crowe09

Quote:

They are a pretty new band...but i love their stuff, its like melodic metalcore. 

5. donunus
    Anyone listen to Windir? The 1998 album Arntor is awesome!

6. Trogdor
    What about Chirmaira?  I was told I might like them.  Friend just came back from Mayhem and said Zombie was outstanding which I found odd.  He said Korn is playing more inspired too.  Btw has anyone listened to Korn III? 

7. Negakinu

Quote:

I've listened to a lot of Windir back in the nineties but can't seem to get into Vreid. 

BTW, still one of my favourite atmospheric black metal albums ever:
    album4636.jpg

Limbonic Art's "In Abhorrence Dementia" was a huge influence for me back then. Too bad they didn't release anything good after this one. 

8. donunus
    I also like epitome of illusions :D

9. MaZa

Quote:

Absolutely badass album. Intro has a very demented feeling and rest of the album is just great.

10. earerror

Quote:

Currently listen to "Resurrection" the song have a good intro. 
    Im listening to their stuff in this moment. 

11. lewis82
    I don't know if this is still relevant, but... here is a nice chart of all metal genres.

12. MrQ

Quote:

What?!? No Earth?

13. Bojamijams
    Does anyone else think Danzig's new album has very bad audio quality production? I'm not talking anything about the music, it just sounds like.. 96kbps mp3

14. DaveBSC

Quote:

Interesting, though some of their choices about where to place bands aren't really correct. Samael really shouldn't be lumped into death metal with Morbid Angel and Obituary, and both Opeth and Children of Bodom are really not melodic death metal bands.

15. Tiges

Quote:

Yep, sounds really bad, musically not great either.

First

Back
93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102
104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113
Next

Last