Let's round up all the Blue Hawaii SE people...
Jun 18, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #91 of 122
my bad, the redesign was justin. Kevin's contribution to the update was to suggest some different parts to replace out of production parts.

Jun 18, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #92 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I don't know who these people are. I don't know of a single person who believes Justin is the only person with the ability to build an amp.

As for the people defending his business practices, I think some of us just have experience and/or a different understanding about the practices surrounding special-order, high-end amps, and not just from Justin, and are okay with delays, if the amp is being improved upon, even if they can be frustrating at times. If there comes a point where it gets too much, get your money back, and move on. I see no problem here. If that doesn't interest you, buy something else, but stop making ridiculous claims about members for making different choices based on their own experience and understanding.

Tell me, before you signed up for the BHSE, did you take the time to learn about the Aristeaus, the delays involved, and why? If so, why would you assume there wouldn't be similar issues that crop up here, regardless of the estimated first date? If you didn't take that time to know what you were getting into, why not? Did you just decide to throw $4500 at an amp without knowing what was possible? I wouldn't do that. Did you?

When I originally received my Omega 2, they came with the stock tube amp. Having been pretty spoiled on dynamics with the B-52, I was fairly underwhelmed with their performance. I posted some threads and learned that the Stax amps were basically throwaways. I asked what the options for an aftermarket amp were; in the price range I was looking to spend ($5,000 or so) there were basically two options if buying new... BHSE or Rudistor Egmont Signature. The response in favor of the BHSE was about 10 to 1, with many people saying "Rudistor is garbage," "I'd never buy Rudistor," etc. At the time, I wasn't aware of the whole fanboy thing (people who'd never heard either the BHSE or a Rudistor but still swore the BHSE was better and that Rudi was a con artist) so I took their word on it.

There was one person who mentioned the Aristaeus mess, which is why I specifically, and very vociferously, asked Justin what the timeframe would be. Again, 11/2007.

I am still struck with jaw-dropping astonishment at the whole "Just let the money stew for a year or two, and if you don't have the amp by then, just ask for your money back" line of thought. For gods sake, people, it's an amplifier, there's only so much it can do when you get to this level. Basically, you're telling me I should have been listening to the garbage Stax amp for the last six months (and for all I know, the next year) while Justin collects interest on my money instead of being in aural bliss with a decent aftermarket amp?

Jun 19, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #93 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by justin w. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The gray Pico color has a bit of a blue tint to it, and that's going to be an option for the front panel color

Is there a pic of a Pico with that color?

Jun 19, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #95 of 122
^

Stop talking about the amp!!! I am going to get impatient...
biggrin.gif
. BTW, I'll take that finish on the front.

Jun 19, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #98 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time to refocus the thread...

Here's thrice w/ the KGBH SE at CanJam, maybe he'll finally post some listening impressions?
96651893.jpg

Also, from what I understand aesthetic changes from what is pictured here will be mostly in the form of some very slick looking custom heat sinks (I saw a prototype of these in FLA) and anodizing of the aluminum casework. Also, the power supply will be getting some additional heat management tweaks and probably some other finishing touches. I can say this, what I heard and saw in FLA convinced me that anyone waiting for one of these will be nothing short of thrilled with the final product.

That one indeed looks nice!
Can't wait to see pictures of the final product...
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #99 of 122
I mailed in my remaining payment today and will soon be 100% paid up.
smily_headphones1.gif
It's too bad I had to sell my former Beta 22 to get to this point, but that was a sacrifice I was willing to make.

/sits back to patiently await completion & delivery, and since my OII MKII is already here, I'll be able to listen right away
o2smile.gif

Aug 5, 2008 at 2:50 PM Post #101 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should start sending more payments, so that I don't spend the money on other things.

Other things....?

I dare you to list them
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #102 of 122
I recently had the opportunity to listen to the BHSE, both at the dc meet, and again in the privacy of my hotel room for a few hours with my own source (was using an modded APL Phillips SACD 1000) and both O2 MK1s and MK2s. This is seriously the best I've heard the O2s, at least to my preferences, and learned I preferred the MK1s in sq, but still really liked the MK2s, and preferred them for comfort. I could be happy with either. I've ordered the BHSE in all black, but still haven't 100% decided on a pro/normal or pro/pro option. I'm hoping mine will be ready by mid-Fall.

Aug 8, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #105 of 122
Mine will be in silver with two Pro outputs, naturally on genuine Stax jacks. They are from my stash so don't bother bugging Justin about it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pro/koss
smily_headphones1.gif

The Koss is better at 610-620v but it just seems silly to me limiting one of only two jacks for use with one headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back