Let's round up all the Blue Hawaii SE people...
Mar 7, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #121 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by spritzer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The drivers are different as no physical change to the housing would account for the slightly more forward nature of the sound. It's probably just a mild change to the tension of the diaphragm or something else inside the driver which can't be seen from the outside. .

That's possible, but also possibly not. I wonder if Stax provides a different driver for the Mk1 vs Mk2? I should call Yamasinc the US dealer.

I hear so much change in the sound of the Mk2 with ear pad orientation and, as you know, modifying the spring, that it seems just as likely that the drivers are the same and all the differences are realted to the sealing of the unit, the different ear pad and different springs.

Mar 7, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #122 of 122
With Stax there is only one driver i.e. what they are currently producing. They carry no stock of older parts if some new ones can be used. The distributors may have something on hand but I doubt many carry SR-007 drivers as I haven't heard of any being beyond saving by a healthy dose of bias.

I've worked on these enough to believe that the drivers are different. The phones have a different character then the Mk1 which doesn't change no matter what you do to them. It's also quite easy to make the drivers a bit more forward without any external changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back