Let's help TheMarchingMule get straight. ( Or at least a tad less bent!)
Jun 25, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #16 of 95
Man this sucks to say the least.....

Count me in for 10USD. PM me Mule for the payment details please.

Peete.

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #18 of 95
Hey everybody, sorry I couldn't reply to this earlier; I didn't want to rush this reply.

First off, looking back at that old thread, I must say how epic it is. I hate using those "one-word-Internet-descriptions," but it definitely makes the exception. I never expected such a turn-out or such immediate (and hilariously brutal) responses from so many members throughout the course of that thread, and it has reminded me of why I still have Head-Fi as my home page for three years straight now.

Obviously not everybody agrees that I should have raised such an early commotion on a public thread, but for those who have followed the entire thread, it all boils down to the fact that simple morals and empathy could have restored one person's reputation, and other one's trust. I don't believe in the exact term and definition of karma, but I know that those who continuously do unto others, will eventually fall victim to themselves, and ironically be their own ultimate undoing. (I didn't unintentionally plagiarize a Bible idea, did I?)

I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning and read a PM from SpudHarris, informing me of this thread that Billyk had made. This immediately made me forget about the other email I got from Shure's customer service, basically telling me I was on my own with this incident, and they wouldn't cover the damages under warranty.

To those who are donating, please please please put your Head-Fi name in the Comments box of the Paypal section, so I can keep track of who donated, and can personally thank you via PM.

Thank you once again to those who have followed this incident past the bitter end, and I hope we all learned something to our benefit out of this incident.

Jun 26, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #19 of 95
PM me his PayPal information ASAP. I can send out my share the moment I get it as I have no life, and sit on the computer all day.

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #20 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by berniebennybernard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PM me his PayPal information ASAP. I can send out my share the moment I get it as I have no life, and sit on the computer all day.

It's a good life.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #23 of 95
Ok, I've sent out 14 PM's to people who have kindly offered to chip in. Some of you guys are being very generous but for you guys who haven't chipped in yet? even a small offering will really help. I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination but as one of the guys said (Billyk I think?) I'll just miss those couple of Coffees I usually get at the weekend whilst I'm out.

If you haven't read the original thread? do so, it's a long read but there are some stellar posts in there. Then come back here and pledge a few quid to the cause and I'll PM you with details.

My Paypal gift went this morning....

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:04 AM Post #25 of 95
PayPal sent!
At least the coffees are not cheap so giving up a few will really amount to something.
Cheers,
Bill

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #27 of 95
Done.

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #29 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kpalsm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was number one apparently.
biggrin.gif

LOL...you wanna badge?

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread