Let's help TheMarchingMule get straight. ( Or at least a tad less bent!)
Jun 25, 2009 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

Billyk

500+ Head-Fier
I am sure most of you are familiar with this thread about the poor dealings TheMarchingMule found himself in the middle of. The aforementioned thread, I think, all but proves that FYDave will not trade-back so here we are. A few folks, myself included, have offered to chip in a few $$ to help offset his loss. I am starting this thread in the hopes that this can be somehow accomplished.
I have been a member for quite some time although never wrote much until recently. One of the things that alway struck me was the strong sense of community and pride that is obvious to anyone reading these threads. I would hope that by starting this I can help to uphold that sense.
I am not sure if the Shures need to be replaced or if they can be repaired, or are they still in warranty. It is my thought that as a group we can find this out and find a way to make it happen by making a phone call to someone in the industry, making a monetary contribution, whatever. I know SpudHarris has volunteered to deal with contributions, I will do whatever I can.
So... who's with me, can we make this happen?
beerchug.gif

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 95
Thanks Billyk, I'm in for say $20. Don't quite know how to deal with the funding but maybe I can get The MarchingMule to PM me his Paypal details which in turn I will pass on to anyone offering to help out. I'm not collecting, just co-ordinating. Any alternatives? give me a shout.

Post here if you are able to contribute and I'll PM you when I have the detail. Not everyone will be able to contribute and that's fine.... those of us who can should be able to restore the Mule's faith in our wonderful community.

Jun 25, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #5 of 95
We needed a new thread?
tongue.gif

As before. In...

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #12 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agree with SB, we needed a new thread?

I think the new thread is a good idea to keep all the relevant posts in one thread, rather than being spread across like 5 pages in a sea of BS.
wink.gif

Besides, I helped derail the other thread anyways. I hope it doesn't return to it's former "glory". It should be locked IMO.

Jun 25, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #13 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsRy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice to see you're being mature about it. If you'd rather put your own money up than have me donate, make it $100 then. <3

Why don't you send a MO to spud instead?

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #14 of 95
Thanks for that Kona
beerchug.gif

Anyhoo, it's time for you guys to put your money where your mouth is..... Just got a PM from the Mule so will be PM'ing you guys (and the guys from the other thread)with his Paypal.

He's still after a legit set of 530's and will be posting soon but has had to run as he's late for something. I'll PM people tomorrow am as it is nearly midnight here and the missus is moaning that I'm still on the PC
tongue.gif

I'm out! Nighty Night!

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #15 of 95
Good deal, I am all set, spousal approval for a moderate contribution has been obtained, PayPal is at the ready.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back