Let's build Krmathis a Beta22!
Oct 18, 2008 at 7:24 AM Post #466 of 590
This looks fantastic - I am proud to be a sponsor of this endeavor. I can't wait to see the look on Krmathis face when he listens to it for the first time. SOMEONE MUST be there for the ceremony, camera in hand!

Oct 18, 2008 at 7:37 AM Post #467 of 590
This isn't an amp. It's art.
biggrin.gif

And truly unique; a one-of-a-kind masterwork.

krmathis, you're a lucky person.

Oct 18, 2008 at 7:49 AM Post #468 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ti, now you only need a K1000 to test its performance. Perhaps someone at Burning Amp have one available?

Burning Amp is not a headphone-specific event so I don't know what the selection of headphones will be like. I have been listening to this amp with my HD600 (stock 1/4" TRS plug) and amphead will bring a balanced HD650 wired with dual 3-pin XLRs.

Btw, I have heard a K1000 on my own 3-channel active-ground β22 at last year's Headfest meet (this one had bare wire ends, I hooked it up to the speaker binding posts), and aside from the gain being a little too low, it sounded very good. This amp has double the gain in balanced operation so it shouldn't be an issue.

Oct 18, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #469 of 590
A truly beautiful piece.

it has a oddly close resemblance to a ppav2 I built not too long ago... down to the very screws, knobs, text font, and if it weren't for the budget cut-off, my original fpe bill included a plexi-cutout for the backlight too
ph34r.gif

I really regret not setting aside the budget and time to build one of your amps.. its inspiring, the amount of knowledge and effort you contribute to the DIY community.

Oct 18, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #471 of 590
^ Thanks a lot! *saved*

..and don't worry about the K1000. I have no doubt its a plenty powerful and great sounding amplifier for the task.
I will of course post pictures and impressions when time is due.
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #473 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow! Thanks n_maher that was quick...
Ti, now you only need a K1000 to test its performance. Perhaps someone at Burning Amp have one available?

It simply stuck me as unconscionable that such a beauty should show up at burning amp with even the most minor of flaws.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #474 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For anyone interested, here is a ZIP file containing the Front Panel Designer files for this build. There is also a README.txt file, please be sure to read it.

Click here to download

A very big thanks AMB for releasing the front panel designs for free. I know a lot of work as been put in these, they are so gorgeous.

Oct 18, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #478 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by Planar_head /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What speakers are they driving?

My own DIY speakers: AMB θ19, featuring Dynaudio Esotec drivers

theta19.jpg

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #479 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My own DIY speakers: AMB θ19, featuring Dynaudio Esotec drivers

2-ways D'Appolito ? Dynaudio Esotec are excellent drivers, I have used these in one of my build too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back