Let's build Krmathis a Beta22!
Oct 18, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #481 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, 2-way D'Appolito, a.k.a. MTM. The crossover has an all-pass filter on the tweeter circuit for time alignment.

Using all-pass filter is much easier to shift the tweeter to the back a bit (time delay), to align the tweeter with the center of the 2 woofers than doing it mechanically.

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #482 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Thanks a lot! *saved*

..and don't worry about the K1000. I have no doubt its a plenty powerful and great sounding amplifier for the task.
I will of course post pictures and impressions when time is due.
biggrin.gif

It drives K1000s effortlessly, and sublimely I might add.

Oct 18, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #483 of 590
Quote:

My own DIY speakers: AMB θ19, featuring Dynaudio Esotec drivers

theta19.jpg

Ooohhh... Pretty... Me Like.

I can haz some speekurz!

shield_eyez.gif

Oct 20, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #484 of 590
Just came back from the very international/engineering intensive Burning Amp show. The Balanced Beta 22 was beautiful sounding with speakers/headphones and a stunner to look at. I am working on the donors list award plaque design, to accompany the amp, when testing is complete. Please realize that extensive testing is necessary for the amp, due to the shipping costs involved in sending the amp to Norway. We have done some realistic load testing and will probably do some heavy load testing before it would be ready to ship. Pics tomorrow, I need some sleep.

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #485 of 590
'amphead'. Sound like the Burning Amp show was fun.
Make sure you keep us posted with some pictures when you have had your beauty sleep.
tongue.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:24 PM Post #486 of 590
Ro. I noticed you posted a link to some pictures earlier today, which got lost by the recent Head-Fi outtake. Can you please re-post?
smily_headphones1.gif

Cause I did not find time looking thought them earlier today...

Oct 23, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #487 of 590
That would be nice. I did not get the chance to see pictures either.

Oct 23, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #490 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaMnEd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Burning Amp Festival 2008
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!
Looks like a really nice event. Some great DIY amplifiers, and more, around there.

Wonder what people thought of the β22 and α22. Hopefully they liked what they saw, and heard.
bigsmile_face.gif

Quote:

Gah. Looks like head-fi lost some recent posts.

Yeah, sadly we did!
I posted through most of the day, and when I returned after dinner it were all gone. What a waste.

But at least the forum returned in an hour or two, and we did not loose anywhere are much as in November last year.

Oct 23, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #491 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wonder what people thought of the β22 and α22. Hopefully they liked what they saw, and heard.
bigsmile_face.gif

Yes indeed. The day was packed full of presentations, raffles and auctions; and being a speaker-centric (rather than headphone) event, the room was often loud, but people who had a chance to hear (and see) the β22/α22 were uniformly impressed.

Even the Mini³ found itself popular with a number of people, who were quite smitten by its sound and small size.

Notice the piles of toroidal transformers and amp chassis in the photos? Those were brought in by Nelson Pass. Some of them were given away in the raffles and others were auctioned. Nelson is a really cool guy, he came over to my table to look at the β24. I showed him the schematic and reminded him of our previous email conversations, and he nodded approvingly.

Oct 23, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #492 of 590
I was one of the lucky winners of the raffle for Nelson Pass amplifier projects. It weighs about 45 lbs. and is alot of aluminum heatsink. Don't know what I will create with it yet. Here is a nice pic of the table at Burning Amp with Jrossel listening to Krmathis amp.........

burning1.jpg

Oct 24, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #493 of 590
Can someone tell me what the size of the par-metal chassis is?

It looks like 12x12x3 with 6mm front plate.

Oct 24, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #494 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks like 12x12x3 with 6mm front plate.

That's correct. To be exact, the front and rear panels are both 6mm. In this build I ordered Par-Metal cases equipped with "front" panels on both front and rear, so that the panel support piece is the same on both ends. The actual panels used were supplied by FPE.

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #495 of 590
Excellent.

I am thinking of building your amp much like you designed this group build.

Thanks!

BTW great looking amp. And very elegant interior layout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back