Let's build Krmathis a Beta22!
Oct 15, 2008 at 8:16 AM Post #436 of 590
What an incredible design, and incredibly beautiful, both inside and out. Words cannot describe the neatness and clean cut lines of that case, and the sheer craftsmanship that went into the internals.

I seriously doubt you could find another amp that looks nearly as good as this.

I bet it will sound twice as good too!
smile.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #437 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by nor_spoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Totally agree. Looking forward to see and hear it on our next meet, hopefully sometime in the near future
bigsmile_face.gif

It's fantastic that not only will krmathis get an amazing new amp, but other headfiers near him will get to share the pleasure.

The gift that keeps on giving
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #438 of 590
Yeah, any Head-Fi'er in my area will be free to drop by for a look and audition. Or attend one of the future local Head-Fi meetings, cause I am sure there will be more of them.

Can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Oct 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #440 of 590
Excellent, excellent build - definitely one to be proud of.

Can a builder elaborate on how the four knob-illuminating LEDs are secured to the front panel?

Oct 15, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #443 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we stop over at Amsterdam on the way?

For a schmoke and a pancake?

Oct 15, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #445 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can a builder elaborate on how the four knob-illuminating LEDs are secured to the front panel?

The 6mm thick front panel has a 0.1" deep round cavity milled into the center volume knob position, slightly larger than the knob itself. Within the cavity, there is a center hole for the shaft extension panel bearing, as well as four 2.9mm holes for the LEDs. A 0.1" thick clear acrylic round disc, 0.01" smaller than the cavity, is sanded to have a "frosted" appearance. This disc also has a center hole for the panel bearing. The acrylic disc is fitted into the panel cavity, and fastened by the panel bearing nut. The four LEDs are inserted into the holes from behind the panel and secured with super glue. Their leads are shortened and Molex plugs are used to connect them.

attachment.php

Oct 15, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #448 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you guys use FPE's 6 or 8mm panels? It looks thicker than the 4mm ones I've used.

My dear, read the first 2 words amb wrote in the post before you.
wink.gif

Edit: Ahh... amb just beat me for a minute!

Oct 15, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #450 of 590
Quote:

Originally Posted by amb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...The four LEDs are inserted into the holes from behind the panel and secured with super glue. Their leads are shortened and Molex plugs are used to connect them.

But if (one of) the LEDs is defect in the long run, how can we replace it? Or ... is the used glue relative easy to remove?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back