Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear headphones amp. *** Pictures ***
Jan 24, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #46 of 52
Now I want the USB version of this. I like that it has an additional input. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #47 of 52

Quote:
It's been awhile since I posted on this thread.  I still own both BCL and still feel that it is the BEST most neutral amp I've auditioned.  The thing about the BCL is it's power and control.  It's more apparent listening on Sony MDR-XB1000 (70mm drivers).  That headphones pound with deep bass and control on the BCL.  All other amps I've tried could not produce the same listening experience.  The BCL is not for everyone.  It doesn't add any flavor to the music.  Garbage in garbage out.  Someone here mentioned the Burson.  I had the Burson for two week (Thank you Burson Audio) to play with.  It sounded great in the beginning, but got boring after a few days of use.  That amp's sound didn't excite me.  

Can someone link the info about an upcoming amp from Lehmann?  I would love to learn about what's next for them.

Hi DjAmTraX

I tried to ask you a question on a different post but I think it got screwed up or something. The post didn't appear after submit but its still in my profile page. Upshot being not sure if you got it. Anyway I 'm torn between the Burson 160d and the Lehmann BCL usb. I have Denon d7000 and HD650. I listen to all sorts of music except R&B and Country. Predominately I listen to electronica, techno to ambient. I am assuming your a DJ and thus listen beaty music. Therefore would really appreciate your thoughts and advice if you have the time between the 2 amps and what you listen to. Im leaning towards the Burson but keep having doubts. Not possible to test them both in a shop so i am looking to gain insight from the experiences of others.

Cheers

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #48 of 52
take a look at my review here.  I ordered a BCL with usb today if that tells you anything.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/564443/burson-ha-160d-impressions-from-the-burson-loaner-program-at-headfonia/120

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #49 of 52

Quote:
take a look at my review here.  I ordered a BCL with usb today if that tells you anything.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/564443/burson-ha-160d-impressions-from-the-burson-loaner-program-at-headfonia/120

Thanks for the link dj. So you have 2 BCL already and you have just pulled the trigger on a 3rd!? Didn't fancy a change then. I would buy the BCL usb right now if I could find someone respected saying good things about the usb aspect. I am interested to know what you think once road tested as I listen to 90% of my music via pc. I don't really want separate boxes as my station is using about 16 plugs sockets already and desk space is at a premium. Really want a smart all in 1 box that does pre amp out also. The normal BCL doesn't have this either. Nothing seems to fit the bill and I have an itch i cannot scratch.

Jul 10, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #50 of 52
Is there a burn-in time for the Lehmann BCL? If so how many hours? I have just bought a Lehmann BCL before that I had the Meier Corda Jazz and frankly the difference between the two amps was marginal. However one cost double the price of the other. 

May 15, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #51 of 52
I'm a new owner of Lehmann BCL and a something peculiar with this amp. When I configure the gain switch to very loud +20 DB, and when I turned the volume knob to 12 o'clock with HD800 hooked up. I hear a hissing noise. Is this a norm? Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back